TEVan in CT

Seth Rothenberg
A TEVan in CT just sold.
All I know is it was more than $12,222.
It "has been in storage for 10 years" but looks
in great condition.

Does anyone know more?
(Are there any more ? :-)

--
Want an EV grin? Convert your car with EV parts from http://www.evsource.com

Re: TEVan in CT

Werner Peters
The Toronto Electric Vehicle Society (of which I am a member) has one
for sale. They have'nt advertised it though. It has also been in
storage and needs a bit of TLC.

Werner

On 7/2/08, Seth Rothenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A TEVan in CT just sold.
> All I know is it was more than $12,222.
> It "has been in storage for 10 years" but looks
> in great condition.
>
> Does anyone know more?
> (Are there any more ? :-)
>

> --
> Want an EV grin? Convert your car with EV parts from http://www.evsource.com

Re: TEVan in CT

rodhower
There are very few remaining TEVan on the road.
I've helped several people get vans running, but many
of the parts are obsolete (like the IGBT's, unless
somebody is making that package style.  IR started
making them again for a couple of years, but I don't
see them listed on their web site anymore, they are
IRGTI200F06) The controller baseplate was configured
for 2 different types of IGBT module.  There is an
Infineon part that may work, FF400R06KE3.  There are
several other issues that make it difficult to
maintain this vehicle, especially since there is
nobody to support them (except for me).
Rod
--- Werner Peters <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Toronto Electric Vehicle Society (of which I am
> a member) has one
> for sale. They have'nt advertised it though. It has
> also been in
> storage and needs a bit of TLC.
>
> Werner
>
> On 7/2/08, Seth Rothenberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > A TEVan in CT just sold.
> > All I know is it was more than $12,222.
> > It "has been in storage for 10 years" but looks
> > in great condition.
> >
> > Does anyone know more?
> > (Are there any more ? :-)
> >

> > --
> > Want an EV grin? Convert your car with EV parts
> from http://www.evsource.com

Re: TEVan in CT

RedBeard
Rod,

I'd like to thank you for the support you have been providing for the
TEVan and to me for my truck using the same controller.

Thanks,
Dan

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Rod Hower <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There are very few remaining TEVan on the road.
> I've helped several people get vans running, but many
> of the parts are obsolete (like the IGBT's, unless
> somebody is making that package style.  IR started
> making them again for a couple of years, but I don't
> see them listed on their web site anymore, they are
> IRGTI200F06) The controller baseplate was configured
> for 2 different types of IGBT module.  There is an
> Infineon part that may work, FF400R06KE3.  There are
> several other issues that make it difficult to
> maintain this vehicle, especially since there is
> nobody to support them (except for me).
> Rod
> --- Werner Peters <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The Toronto Electric Vehicle Society (of which I am
>> a member) has one
>> for sale. They have'nt advertised it though. It has
>> also been in
>> storage and needs a bit of TLC.
>>
>> Werner
>>
>> On 7/2/08, Seth Rothenberg <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > A TEVan in CT just sold.
>> > All I know is it was more than $12,222.
>> > It "has been in storage for 10 years" but looks
>> > in great condition.
>> >
>> > Does anyone know more?
>> > (Are there any more ? :-)
>> >

>> > --
>> > Want an EV grin? Convert your car with EV parts
>> from http://www.evsource.com

>> --

Specialization is for insects. -- Lazarus Long
http://nurr.org/~dan/A_human_should.html
Jack of all trades -- http://nurr.org/~dan

Re: TEVan in CT

Soren

I test drove one last year for sale in Portland OR.  It was listed at $15,000, Yikes! It really made decicde to build my own EV because it was pretty sluggish.  Now I have my home built sluggish vehicle;-)  I think mine is a bit peppier though.

Soren