Tesla Model X Unveiling TONITE

lektwik
Live Webcast 8PM PST-

http://www.teslamotors.com/modelx

Re: Tesla Model X Unveiling TONITE

AMPhibian

Re: Tesla Model X Unveiling TONITE

Lloyd Wayne Reece
Well it's been 17 minutes and nothing happened???
I wonder what happened

Lloyd Wayne Reece
Las Vegas, NV
http://www.lveva.org

On 2/9/2012 10:45 AM, lektwik wrote:

> Live Webcast 8PM PST-
>
> http://www.teslamotors.com/modelx

Re: Tesla Model X Unveiling TONITE

Cor van de Water
Refresh browser window?
When I click on the link, it shows the model X.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Skype: cor_van_de_water     XoIP: +31877841130
Tel: +1 408 383 7626        Tel: +91 (040)23117400 x203

Well it's been 17 minutes and nothing happened???
I wonder what happened

Lloyd Wayne Reece
Las Vegas, NV
http://www.lveva.org

On 2/9/2012 10:45 AM, lektwik wrote:

> Live Webcast 8PM PST-
>
> http://www.teslamotors.com/modelx

Re: Tesla Model X Unveiling TONITE

AMPhibian
There was a delay on the feed but there was an alternate link that worked.  History now anyway.
Cor van de Water wrote

Email: [hidden email]    Private: http://www.cvandewater.com
Skype: cor_van_de_water     XoIP: +31877841130
Tel: +1 408 383 7626        Tel: +91 (040)23117400 x203

Well it's been 17 minutes and nothing happened???
I wonder what happened

Lloyd Wayne Reece
Las Vegas, NV
http://www.lveva.org

On 2/9/2012 10:45 AM, lektwik wrote:
> Live Webcast 8PM PST-
>
> http://www.teslamotors.com/modelx

EVLN: Tesla takes wraps off "falcon-winged" Model X SUV

brucedp5

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/10/us-tesla-suv-idUSTRE8190G020120210
[image] Tesla takes wraps off "falcon-winged" Model X SUV
By Edwin Chan  Editing by David Holmes  Feb 10 2012

HAWTHORNE, California (Reuters) - Tesla Motors Inc on Thursday showed
off a prototype of its Model X, a battery-powered SUV that represents
the company's bet that consumers will buy a range of electric
vehicles spun from a common platform.

The Model X, which features what the company calls "falcon-wing"
doors and faster acceleration than a Porsche 911 -- it goes from 0
to 60 miles per hour in 4.4 seconds -- will start production late
2013 and begin delivery in 2014.

Tesla begins taking reservations at noon on Friday for the
characteristically sleek vehicle resembling a taller version of its
Model S sedan, but with a folding door hinged on the roof.

CEO Elon Musk touted his latest electric vehicle as cramming in more
space than a typical sport utility vehicle. It seats seven, with
ample storage.

"Minivans and SUV have been trying for years to overcome these
problem," the entrepreneur told a rowdy crowd. Musk didn't lose his
cool even when the front trunk -- or "frunk" -- stubbornly refused
to open in the middle of his demonstration.

Tesla -- which has never made a profit -- hopes to create a buzz
with Thursday night's event, which featured a smattering of
lesser-known celebrities, a buffet spread and an open bar, with
hundreds of guests milling across a hangar-sized space at the
company's California design engineering offices.

The well-heeled guests were offered a chance to be first in line for
the Model X, sales of which will follow a reservations-and-delivery
template much like the preceding sedan ...

MORE MODELS
The Model X is important for the company because it is the second
model to be based on a platform purpose-built by Tesla for electric
drive vehicles. The first was the Model S, a sedan scheduled to go
on sale in the middle of this year.

Musk has bet that development costs for the Model S and the Model X
can be recouped as more models are introduced on the same platform.
Two more Tesla models are in the works, the company has said.

Tesla has said between 10,000 and 15,000 of the Model X vehicles
will roll off its Fremont, California assembly lines in 2014, priced
close to the $60,000-plus Model S.

The Model X -- whose falcon-wing doors recall a design made famous
by the DeLorean sports car in 1985's "Back to the Future" -- will
compete with Toyota Motor Corp's electric RAV4, a crossover SUV that
will sport Tesla's electric-drive technology.

Musk did not detail pricing or specifications for the Model X, which
will have dual-motor all-wheel drive -- a motor in front, and
another in the rear, which he says vastly improves grip, handling
and turn radius.

For now, Tesla is scrambling to meet a July deadline for delivering
the first Model S cars. Musk hopes to have delivered 20,000 of the
cars by 2013, yielding a gross margin of 20 percent or more.

The Model S, which goes for a base $57,000, is Tesla's entree into
the mass consumer luxury market, going downscale from the
$100,000-plus Roadsters that it made its name on.

While the base version of the Model S will sell for $57,000, few
cars are expected to be sold for that little. The average price for
a car sold in the U.S. market in 2011 was around $30,000.

Tesla autos have captured the public imagination and helped spur
Detroit to work on its own electric vehicles ...

California governor Jerry Brown was on hand on Thursday to join Musk
in touting the Model X. The wealthiest U.S. state approved
aggressive new rules in January to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
by requiring automakers to put many more electric and hybrid
vehicles on the roads by 2025.
[©2011 Thomson Reuters  All rights reserved]
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/09/tesla-unveils-model-x-at-its-design-studios/
[images] Tesla Unveils Model X at Its Southern California Design Studios
http://www.gizmag.com/tesla-model-x-unveiled/21411/pictures
[images] Tesla Model X unveiled
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/02/tesla-model-x-electric-suv-unveiled/
[image] Tesla Model X electric SUV unveiled
http://www.cleantechblog.com/2012/02/tesla-to-ship-5000-model-s-in-2012.html
[images] Tesla to Ship 5000 Model S in 2012
http://www.egmcartech.com/2012/02/10/tesla-model-x-prototype-unveiled/
BREAKING: Tesla Model X revealed, will enter production in late 2013
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1072801_2014-tesla-model-x-all-electric-gullwing-suv-new-info-photos
2014 Tesla Model X All-Electric Gullwing SUV: New Info, Photos
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/261282/
Tesla Model X revealed

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=evln&sort=date
All EVLN posts

{brucedp.150m.com}

Re: EVLN: US$40M pre-ordered Tesla-X EVs

brucedp5