Tesla S sightings

Cor van de Water
I experience that Tesla is busy cranking out cars,
not only did a colleague buy an "S" so I got a visual
surprise a few weeks back when I turned my electric truck
into the company parking lot and saw a brand new S
sitting there, but this morning I returned from a dental
appointment and did a double-take when I passed by
a black S that was turning onto Hollenbeck in south Sunnyvale.

BTW, yes - my colleague did allow me to drive his S.
Wow - what an incredible acceleration!

Chief Scientist
<http://www.proxim.com/>
Email: [hidden email] Private: http://www.cvandewater.info
<http://www.cvandewater.infom/>
Skype: cor_van_de_water Tel: +1 408 383 7626

Re: Tesla S sightings

corbin dunn
Cool...as of last time I checked, there are 26 Model Ss at my work. :)

And only one 1969 VW Bug!

corbin

http://corbinstreehouse.com

On Feb 28, 2013, at 12:47 PM, Cor van de Water <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I experience that Tesla is busy cranking out cars,
> not only did a colleague buy an "S" so I got a visual
> surprise a few weeks back when I turned my electric truck
> into the company parking lot and saw a brand new S
> sitting there, but this morning I returned from a dental
> appointment and did a double-take when I passed by
> a black S that was turning onto Hollenbeck in south Sunnyvale.
>
> BTW, yes - my colleague did allow me to drive his S.
> Wow - what an incredible acceleration!
>
> Regards,
> Cor van de Water
> Chief Scientist
> <http://www.proxim.com/>
> Email: [hidden email] Private: http://www.cvandewater.info
> <http://www.cvandewater.infom/>
> Skype: cor_van_de_water Tel: +1 408 383 7626

Re: Tesla S sightings

David Ladd
wow, are you being serious?  Not that I doubt it down where you are...  I've seen two up here (North Bay).  One I caught up to when she was loading her dog in the car in a parking lot and I checked it out a bit.  the car not the dog.  Verrrry nice!  Tons of Leafs and Volts around.  And two PIPrius' in our school lot now.

david.
http://www.evalbum.com/4021

>________________________________

new charging stations!

David Ladd
I just got an email from our city (Novato, Ca) that they are installing 6 Chargepoint charging stations starting this week!  I knew it was in the works, but it's exciting that they are now breaking ground on it.  Email says they will be free "for a limited time."  I'm curious just how limited that time will be?  Anyway, just wanted to share the news, and no one I know cares so I'm telling you all. :-)

david.
http://www.evalbum.com/4021

Re: Tesla S sightings

brucedp5
I also see Tesla S EVs around. I last saw some at the Menlo Park
Facebook complex.
When I last checked the E. Palo Alto IKEA recargo site, I saw a new
uploaded photo
http://www.recargo.com/sites/3549
(see the bottom of the page). Note the Tesla-S charging and the hybrid
(yellow CA HOV stickers) ice'ing the EV spot next to it. Which is really
odd as there are plenty of unused parking spaces nearby the EV spots
that are closer to the store entrance.

But I see a lot more of the more affordable Leaf EVs where I am on the
north side of Silicon Valley. Not many Volt pih though.

{brucedp.150m.com}

-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Does exactly what it says on the tin

Re: new charging stations!

brucedp5
Along with all the (pro and con) plugin newswires, I get quite a few
"so-n-so now has EV charging" pieces. I find them interesting, but I do
not post them anymore as few evdl readers cared for them.

I had been working with evdl and North SF Bay EAA Chapter member Chuck
Hursch, when I found newswires about new public EVSE in the north bay. I
had let him know of a newswire of new EVSE going in near him in
Larkspur, CA. But it has been a lot of PR/talk and no-action.

I did not see Novato's EVSE listed on Chargepoint site
https://na.chargepoint.com/index.php/charge_point
I hope the Novato City Council does not play games like Larkspur's did
and actually install the EVSE.

I recently sent him a piece on the Sausalito Molly Stone
http://www.marinscope.com/sausalito_marin_scope/news/article_38afd33c-7635-11e2-8cb0-0019bb2963f4.html
http://sanbruno.patch.com/articles/mollie-stone-s-to-unveil-electric-car-charging-stations

Note see the type of Coulomb EVSE installed
http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/4f06294e90da84c66213bab9e88a62db

That tall EVSE tower has two j1772 couplers, and the cables come from
the top, which is less of a pedestrian tripping hazard.

Looking at the Chargepoint site for that EVSE shows:

MOLLIE STONES / SAUSALITO
100 Harbor Dr, Sausalito, California 94965, United States
Notes: -
Port 1: (208/240V, 30A, J1772) Available
Port 2: (208/240V, 30A, J1772) Available
Reservations Disabled
$5.00 per hour thereafter

The above newswire says the first hour is free. But $5/hr afterward, ...
( yike$ ! ).
But that does not matter, after an hour of shopping at Molly Stone, just
go south a short distance to charge for free:

BERG HOLDINGS / MARINSHIP WAY
2330 Marinship Way, Sausalito, California 94965, United States
Notes: Located at main entrance parking lot
Port 1: (120V, 16A, NEMA 5-20R) Available
Port 2: (208/240V, 30A, J1772) Available
Reservations Disabled
Station Price: Free

For any newbie plugin drivers, please take note to bookmark/favorite the
EV Charging finder sites: recargo.com , carstations.com , and
plugshare.com
App/sites like Chargepoint, Blink, etc. only really are for their own
brand of EVSE, the above sites show all brands of EVSE.

{brucedp.150m.com}

-
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 05:21 PM, David Ladd wrote:
> I just got an email from our city (Novato, Ca) that they are installing 6
> Chargepoint charging stations starting this week!  I knew it was in the
> works, but it's exciting that they are now breaking ground on it.  Email
> says they will be free "for a limited time."  I'm curious just how
> limited that time will be?  Anyway, just wanted to share the news, and no
> one I know cares so I'm telling you all. :-)
-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own

Re: Tesla S sightings

corbin dunn
Yeah, given that I work at Apple...it is a fairly progressive place, and is doing pretty well. We have an internal web page keeping track of each other's cars, so we can text each other if we need a charger. There are more Leafs than Model Ss.

--corbin

On Feb 28, 2013, at 5:11 PM, David Ladd <[hidden email]> wrote:

> wow, are you being serious?  Not that I doubt it down where you are...  I've seen two up here (North Bay).  One I caught up to when she was loading her dog in the car in a parking lot and I checked it out a bit.  the car not the dog.  Verrrry nice!  Tons of Leafs and Volts around.  And two PIPrius' in our school lot now.
>
> david.
> http://www.evalbum.com/4021
>

>> ________________________________

EV magazine Charged, electric vehicle magazine

rodhower
Hopefully this will load, not sure.  I received this in my email and assume the
link will work.
It's called Charged, electric vehicle magazine.
http://issuu.com/chargedevs/docs/janfeb_2013/82?mode=a_p
If that link doesn't work, perhaps you could go to their website,
http://www.chargedevs.com/

Re: new charging stations!

David Ladd

Well, I drove by and saw four of them being installed!  Definitely real, definitely being installed now.  I observed what I believe to be a single parking spot for each charger, so I quickly emailed the city public works dept. requesting that they consider assigning 2 spots, since 2 cars can charge at once from these chargers (220v and 110v).  I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears, but I tried...

Realistically I doubt I'll ever use them since I have the range I need for my around town daily driving (and with my wimpy little 6a charger, it's hardly worth it to opportunity charge).  And I definitely won't use them once they start charging $.  But it's neat to see them going in.

if you are interested, here is a link to a little blurb about it on the city website:

http://www.ci.novato.ca.us/Index.aspx?page=637&recordid=1403&returnURL=%2findex.aspx

david.
http://www.evalbum.com/4021

Re: EV magazine Charged, electric vehicle magazine

Chief Scientist
Skype: cor_van_de_water     XoIP: +31877841130
Tel: +1 408 383 7626        Tel: +91 (040)23117400 x203
Hi Rod,
It worked. Nice magazine.
Cor.

Re: new charging stations!

Martin WINLOW
Meanwhile, over here in Enfield, England, the local council here has upped its game on the EV front mostly I gather due to funding from Transport For London (the transport department of the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson).

They had only 2 EV charge points for the last couple of years which were never usable because you could never get hold of anyone at the council to get whatever authority was required to use them.  I spent half an hour on the phone to the new chap on Thursday who sounded at least interested in the EV thing if not vaguely knowledgable on the subject. A huge improvement.

In the last 2 months, another 5 charge points have appeared across the borough which are dual 'Mennekes' (IEC 62196-2, 32A, 240VAC) and UK 13A socket EVSEs.  They are opened using an RFID card from SourceLondon, the TFL run EV charging organisation which currently links with SourceEast cards/chargers allowing members of both schemes to use each others chargers.  I expect given time all the UK schemes will tie up.  I have been updating the ReCargo web site with their details.

It does appear that things are starting to come together at last.  I can't see how anyone can doubt the UK g-ments stated intention to adopt an EV-based transport system in the medium to long term anymore, nor ignore the fact that the EV wave is gathering momentum.

Regards, Martin Winlow
Herts, UK
http://www.evalbum.com/2092
www.winlow.co.uk

On 1 Mar 2013, at 02:29, Bruce EVangel Parmenter wrote:

> Along with all the (pro and con) plugin newswires, I get quite a few
> "so-n-so now has EV charging" pieces. I find them interesting, but I do
> not post them anymore as few evdl readers cared for them.
>
> I had been working with evdl and North SF Bay EAA Chapter member Chuck
> Hursch, when I found newswires about new public EVSE in the north bay. I
> had let him know of a newswire of new EVSE going in near him in
> Larkspur, CA. But it has been a lot of PR/talk and no-action.
>
> I did not see Novato's EVSE listed on Chargepoint site
> https://na.chargepoint.com/index.php/charge_point
> I hope the Novato City Council does not play games like Larkspur's did
> and actually install the EVSE.
>
> I recently sent him a piece on the Sausalito Molly Stone
> http://www.marinscope.com/sausalito_marin_scope/news/article_38afd33c-7635-11e2-8cb0-0019bb2963f4.html
> http://sanbruno.patch.com/articles/mollie-stone-s-to-unveil-electric-car-charging-stations
>
> Note see the type of Coulomb EVSE installed
> http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/4f06294e90da84c66213bab9e88a62db
>
> That tall EVSE tower has two j1772 couplers, and the cables come from
> the top, which is less of a pedestrian tripping hazard.
>
> Looking at the Chargepoint site for that EVSE shows:
>
> MOLLIE STONES / SAUSALITO
> 100 Harbor Dr, Sausalito, California 94965, United States
> Notes: -
> Port 1: (208/240V, 30A, J1772) Available
> Port 2: (208/240V, 30A, J1772) Available
> Reservations Disabled
> $5.00 per hour thereafter
>
> The above newswire says the first hour is free. But $5/hr afterward, ...
> ( yike$ ! ).
> But that does not matter, after an hour of shopping at Molly Stone, just
> go south a short distance to charge for free:
>
> BERG HOLDINGS / MARINSHIP WAY
> 2330 Marinship Way, Sausalito, California 94965, United States
> Notes: Located at main entrance parking lot
> Port 1: (120V, 16A, NEMA 5-20R) Available
> Port 2: (208/240V, 30A, J1772) Available
> Reservations Disabled
> Station Price: Free

Re: new charging stations!

Kevin Sharpe
Don't forget that ZeroNet is well on the way to having 600 locations live in the UK including many National Trust sites;

http://zerocarbonworld.org/zero-net

This project has been funded by EV driver donations to the ZCW charity.

www.winlow.co.uk<http://www.winlow.co.uk>