Tesla-X towing an 1800kg Alfa Romeo 4C Spider races a Alfa Romeo 4C Spider ice (v)

Tesla-X towing an 1800kg Alfa Romeo 4C Spider races a Alfa Romeo 4C Spider ice (v)

Tesla’s Model X races a sportscar towing an 1800kg trailer
2017/12/01  Stuart Marsh

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has posted a video to Instagram in which he pitted an
all-electric Tesla Model X against an Alfa Romeo sportscar in a drag race 0
and the Model X wins.

That would be surprising enough – considering the Alfa Romeo 4C Spider can
do 0-100km.h in 4.5 seconds – but there's a catch: The Model X was towing
another Alfa Romeo 4C Spider when it did it.

With the weight of the supercar and the trailer combined, the Model X was
towing roughly 1800kg, well within its factory tow limit of 2500 kg.

Whether it's a carefully scripted piece of Tesla advertising or a legitimate
test, the footage is incredible considering the 4C Spider weighs 1700 kg
less than the Model X.

The 4C is no slouch either. With a 1750 cc turbocharged four-cylinder engine
and weighing just 850kg, it's got a top speed of 258 km/h and can out-pace a
Lamborghini in a straight line.

Musk declined to provide comment on Instagram other than the simple label of
"Racing video part 2".

"This wasn't a scientific race and we didn't use any testing equipment
because frankly we thought it was a really stupid idea," says the voiceover
in the clip.

"But the point here is that the Alfa 4C is a really, really fast car and the
Model X is so much faster that you have to put a 4,000-pound trailer on it
to make it as fast as a really fast car."

Retailing for around $300,000 by the time you factor in Australia's luxury
car tax, the Model X represents the pinnacle of electric vehicles available

With all-wheel drive thanks to an independent electric motor on each wheel,
the Model X can go from 0-100 km/h in 3.1 seconds and its 100 kWh battery
provides drivers with 565 kilometres of range.
[© 2017 Nine Digital]

WATCH: Tesla Model X absolutely embarrasses supercar in drag race while
towing another car
Dec 1, 2017 - Elon Musk, Tesla's CEO, posted the video to his Instagram
account of the Model X towing a trailer carrying a car racing the Alfa
Romeo. Tesla Model X Alfa Romeo 4C Spider drag race INSTAGRAM•ELON MUSK
Tesla Model X races Alfa Romeo 4C Spider in drag race while towing another
car ...

Watch This Tesla Beat an Alfa Romeo 4C, While Towing an Alfa Romeo 4C
May 27, 2016 - Motor Trend just took a Ludicrous Mode-equipped Tesla Model X
to a drag strip and raced it against an Alfa Romeo 4C. If I told you it won,
you wouldn't be terribly surprised -- that's one thing Tesla does really,
really well: accelerate in a straight line. But what if I told you it was
towing another Alfa Romeo 4C ...
Tesla Model X Beats An Alfa Romeo In A Drag Race While Towing ...
May 29, 2016 - Why bring in the Alfa "supercar" that's actually not very
fast. You want a race? Spend LESS money and buy the vette. Or maybe you'd
rather race against a $80k Land Rover and then be amazed when you win? Big
deal... Ultimous Daine • 1 year ago. I been telling people these damn
Tesla's are no joke ...
Tesla Model X with trailer vs Alfa Romeo Drag racing -  0:21
Mar 23, 2016 - Uploaded by GreenCar
Tesla Model X Tows Alfa Romeo 4C In Crazy Drag Race Against Alfa Romeo 4C!
We've seen some ...

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio vs 2017 Tesla Model X - 3:18
Mar 8, 2017 - Uploaded by SUV Comparison
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio vs 2017 Tesla Model X
Tesla Model X Tows Alfa Romeo 4C In Crazy Drag Race Against Alfa Romeo 4C –
March 18, 2016 - This is not your typical drag race… Seen here is a Tesla
Model X P90D with Ludicrous towing an Alfa Romeo 4C in a drag race against
an Alfa Romeo 4C ...
Ridiculous Tesla Drag Race: Alfa Romeo vs Alfa Romeo being towed by a Model
Mar 21, 2016 - We've seen some pretty ridiculous Tesla drag races over the
years, more recently a Model S vs a snowmobile, but this one easily takes
the first prize. At first glance, it might look like a fair fight, a Alfa
Romeo 4C versus a Alfa Romeo 4C, but the second one is actually being towed
by a Model X P90D ....