Tesla releases service manuals, diagnostic tools, more for free - Electrek

Tesla releases service manuals, diagnostic tools, more for free - Electrek

Looks like Tesla is being forced into releasing service info from a law passed in Massachusetts in December.
https://electrek.co/2020/12/04/tesla-releases-service-manuals-diagnostic-tools-more-free/
Stay charged
Mark

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Tesla releases service manuals, diagnostic tools, more for free - Electrek

The story is in error. Tesla didn't actually do that on purpose and
nearly immediately pulled the plug once green told everyone about it.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 10:27 AM Mark Hanson via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks like Tesla is being forced into releasing service info from a law passed in Massachusetts in December.
> https://electrek.co/2020/12/04/tesla-releases-service-manuals-diagnostic-tools-more-free/
> Stay charged
> Mark
>

> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Tesla releases service manuals, diagnostic tools, more for free - Electrek

You can still sign up for a subscription at https://service.teslamotors.com/
to get access to the service manual, but it's expensive, and they
intentionally worked really hard to try to stop you from downloading it.

24 HR SUBSCRIPTION $100.00
MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION $350.00
ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION $3000.00

If you are curious about the inner workings the service manual is not that
interesting.  Watch some of my Youtube videos on the Model 3 (almost the
same as the Y):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwPiVR1Wtwc1cxO0vlvx5rDnHShUuHvXS