Tesla technical snag

Dan Frederiksen-2
from Elon's blog december 21st

"Our goal is to begin full series production of the Roadster in Spring
of 2008, albeit with a few components, such as the transmission, that
will need to be upgraded at a later date. The transmissions in these
early cars will be reliable and safe, though they will not yet meet the
original performance spec for acceleration. The upgrade that we will
provide at a later date will be free of charge to our existing customers."

more interesting:
"Tesla is also hard at work on model 2, the mid-size luxury sports
sedan, which will be unveiled in the first half of next year"

Dan