The 2010 John Wayland Invitational NIGHT DRAGS !!

The 2010 John Wayland Invitational NIGHT DRAGS !!

Steven Lough
Hi Guys and Gals ...

Here are a few dozen of my favorites from 7/23 - 7/24  at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/stevenslough1206/WalandDrags2010#slideshow/5498275722513808722

NOW....  Does any one have a way of REDUCING the size/resolution of
(.mov) video clips ??  ( which I took with my Canon Camera )

I have a dozen or so, I would LOVE to Post and Share.  Some are a real
SCREAM!!  But they are Huge Files !!  And even on Comcast High Speed
...take 5 or 10 minutes to even UP-Load  just ONE to the Picasa photo
Web Sight...

  Probably even TOO big to send to YouTube !!

It was a GREAT and Inspiring Two Days.. even with the oppressive HEAT
during the day...

A big HUG, and THANKS must go out to Mr. and Mrs. John Wayland, and
company... The hospitality at the "Juice Bar" is more than half of the
fun and education we all get from these EV-ents !!

Many thanks John...
--
Steven S. Lough, Pres.
Seattle EV Association

Re: The 2010 John Wayland Invitational NIGHT DRAGS !!

Stephen Chapman
Use the Windows Movie Maker to create a wmv version.  Easy to get 10:1
reduction maintaining reasonable quality and with a format that anybody can
view.
Stephen Chapman

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Steven Lough <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Guys and Gals ...
>
> Here are a few dozen of my favorites from 7/23 - 7/24  at:
>

> http://picasaweb.google.com/stevenslough1206/WalandDrags2010#slideshow/5498275722513808722
>
> NOW....  Does any one have a way of REDUCING the size/resolution of
> (.mov) video clips ??  ( which I took with my Canon Camera )
>
> I have a dozen or so, I would LOVE to Post and Share.  Some are a real
> SCREAM!!  But they are Huge Files !!  And even on Comcast High Speed
> ...take 5 or 10 minutes to even UP-Load  just ONE to the Picasa photo
> Web Sight...
>
>  Probably even TOO big to send to YouTube !!
>
> It was a GREAT and Inspiring Two Days.. even with the oppressive HEAT
> during the day...
>
> A big HUG, and THANKS must go out to Mr. and Mrs. John Wayland, and
> company... The hospitality at the "Juice Bar" is more than half of the
> fun and education we all get from these EV-ents !!
>
> Many thanks John...
> --
> Steven S. Lough, Pres.
> Seattle EV Association
> 6021 32nd Ave. N.E.
> Seattle,  WA  98115-7230
> Day:  206 524 1351
> Cell:   206 850 8535
> e-mail: [hidden email]
> web:     http://www.seattleeva.org

Re: The 2010 John Wayland Invitational NIGHT DRAGS !!

Harris, Lawrence
If you google "COMPRESS CANON MOV FILES FOR YOUTUBE" you will find several discussions.  What you use I think is somewhat determined by which Canon camera you used and what settings were used - I see reference to 24fps vs 30fps.

Lawrence

Use the Windows Movie Maker to create a wmv version.  Easy to get 10:1
reduction maintaining reasonable quality and with a format that anybody can
view.
Stephen Chapman

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Steven Lough <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Guys and Gals ...
>
> Here are a few dozen of my favorites from 7/23 - 7/24  at:
>

> http://picasaweb.google.com/stevenslough1206/WalandDrags2010#slideshow/5498275722513808722
>
> NOW....  Does any one have a way of REDUCING the size/resolution of
> (.mov) video clips ??  ( which I took with my Canon Camera )
>
> I have a dozen or so, I would LOVE to Post and Share.  Some are a real
> SCREAM!!  But they are Huge Files !!  And even on Comcast High Speed
> ...take 5 or 10 minutes to even UP-Load  just ONE to the Picasa photo
> Web Sight...
>
>  Probably even TOO big to send to YouTube !!
>
> It was a GREAT and Inspiring Two Days.. even with the oppressive HEAT
> during the day...
>
> A big HUG, and THANKS must go out to Mr. and Mrs. John Wayland, and
> company... The hospitality at the "Juice Bar" is more than half of the
> fun and education we all get from these EV-ents !!
>
> Many thanks John...
> --
> Steven S. Lough, Pres.
> Seattle EV Association
> 6021 32nd Ave. N.E.
> Seattle,  WA  98115-7230
> Day:  206 524 1351
> Cell:   206 850 8535
> e-mail: [hidden email]
> web:     http://www.seattleeva.org

Re: The 2010 John Wayland Invitational NIGHT DRAGS !!

Jeff Shanab
A long time ago I use to transcode to reduce size of files.(DVD's down to 1 or 2 per CD) I used software called gordian knot. It
seems to be still out there but maybe others can give a better option. http://sourceforge.net/projects/gordianknot/

On 26 Jul 2010 at 14:56, Stephen Chapman wrote:

> wmv version ...a format that anybody can view.

Anybody?  Errm, not quite.  I can't, unless it's a rather old version of
Windows Media.

I'm no video expert, so I don't have a format suggestion, but how about
something that's available on most platforms?  Last I heard, Windows Media
was proprietary.

Also, whatever it is, I recommend NOT using the most recent version.  If we
want to spread the "gospel" of EVs we need to be inclusive, and not everyone
downloads every update.  Quite a few of my non-geek friends don't trust such
things and refuse even prompted updates.  Furthermore, many computers in
offices and public libraries aren't updated that often, and may be 2-3
versions behind.

Note: mail sent to "evpost" an "etpost" addresses will not

Re: The 2010 John Wayland Invitational NIGHT DRAGS !!

Harris, Lawrence
If the file can be trimmed and compressed into something YouTube can import then YouTube will re-transcode it for it's flash player version for into H.264 for HTML 5 viewing and you don't need to worry further.

Here is YouTubes help page: http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57924

Looks like they are happy with up to 2G file size and 10 minutes max length and they will take it from there.

Lawrence