The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

Otmar
Hello All,
I hope you will pardon this commercial interruption. I know many of you have been waiting for this announcement and I hope it will be welcome. -Otmar

We are pleased to announce that Café Electric and EV Components are teaming up to produce the Zilla line of controllers. We are setting up production and testing over the next 6 weeks and expect the first deliveries by early November.

Otmar Ebenhoech is joining James Morrison (CEO) and Dave Kois (COO) as owners of EV Components. Otmar is supervising the training of the staff at EV Components and verifying that the high quality of the Zilla controllers is maintained. Once the staff at EV Components has Zilla production running to Otmar’s satisfaction, then he will be able to focus his time and energy on new R&D projects.

EV Components will be producing the Zilla 1K and 2K in HV and EHV voltage ratings in the first production run. After the initial orders are satisfied, we will also be offering the more economical Zilla 1K-LV. Prices will remain the same as previously offered by Café Electric.

http://www.evcomponents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=37

If you are already on the Café Electric waiting list you will have the first opportunity to place your order . Beginning today, those who are already on the waiting list will have a 14 day window to confirm their position with a $500 deposit. After 14 days all new orders will be prioritized in the order that your deposit arrives.

If you would like to order now, but are not on the waiting list, you can place your order through our website. To insure fairness to those who have been waiting your controller will be produced after those early waiting list orders are completed.

We have decided to require a $500 deposit in order to help determine firm demand so that we can properly scale our staff, equipment and materials for production. We are tentatively planning staff and equipment to support higher production levels than previously maintained by Cafe Electric. Our goal is to have production to the point where nobody has to wait for a controller. We hope to have controllers in stock on the shelf ready to ship in the not too distant future.

Thank you for your patience during this transition period. We look forward to bringing the Zilla line of controllers back to you as soon as possible.

Otmar Ebenhoech

James Morrison

Dave Kois

http://www.evcomponents.com
-Otmar-

914 EV, California Poppy, Zilla research vehicle.
http://evcl.com/914/

The Zilla factory is at:
http://manzanitamicro.com/

Zilla Support is still at:
http://cafeelectric.com/Ssupport.php

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

Cor van de Water
Congratulations Otmar!

This is the kind of position you have been looking for so long
and I am happy for you and for eager EV'ers future-Zilla-owners
that you can hand over your baby to caring hands and focus your
creativity on new developments.

This looks like the best outcome that we could have hoped for.

I wish you Godspeed in your new position,

Cor van de Water
Director HW & Systems Architecture Group
Skype: cor_van_de_water     IM: [hidden email]
Tel: +1 408 383 7626        magicJack: +1 408 844 3932
Tel: +91 (040)23117400 x109 XoIP: +31877841130

[...]

-----
-Otmar-
914 EV, California Poppy,
http://evcl.com/914/

http://www.CafeElectric.com/

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

lawlessind
Congratulations and good luck!

I look forward to being one of your best customers.  I'm already one of
the most satisfied.
Please keep us updated on progress.

Shawn Lawless

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

dave cover-2
Otmar

Glad to hear you're back in business. Hooking up with Jim and Dave,
you guys are becoming a powerhouse of EV components. Can Zilla owners
get in on the eventual IPO? :^)

Dave Cover, hoping to hook my Zilla up with some Lithium eventually

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and good luck!
>
> I look forward to being one of your best customers.  I'm already one of
> the most satisfied.
> Please keep us updated on progress.
>
> Shawn Lawless

http://www.evalbum.com/2149

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

KilowattA798
The ONLY controller to have is Back!          Dennis Berube

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

Seth Rothenberg
> We are pleased to announce that Café Electric and EV Components are teaming
> up to produce the Zilla line of controllers. We are setting up production
> and testing over the next 6 weeks and expect the first deliveries by early
> November.

Brilliant!
I look forward to being able to fill in the order form...
Zilla Model ___
Cell Ah_____ Cell Count____
Charger___
Adaptor Plate____

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

Gene Stopp
You forgot

BMS____

:^)

Best Regards,

- Gene

Seth wrote:

Brilliant!
I look forward to being able to fill in the order form...
Zilla Model ___
Cell Ah_____ Cell Count____
Charger___
Adaptor Plate____

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

JamesMorrison
We are working on it...

My website programmer is slacking. Can anyone refer me to someone?
Maybe a discount on a Zilla2K-EHV for someone who is good with e-commerce websites?

Gene Stopp wrote
You forgot

BMS____

:^)

Best Regards,

- Gene

Seth wrote:

Brilliant!
I look forward to being able to fill in the order form...
Zilla Model ___
Cell Ah_____ Cell Count____
Charger___
Adaptor Plate____

James Morrison

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

Mike Willmon-3
what color would you you like your BMS ;-)

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 3:02 PM , Gene Stopp wrote:

> You forgot
>
> BMS____
>
> :^)
>  Best Regards,
>  - Gene
>  Seth wrote:
>
> Brilliant!
> I look forward to being able to fill in the order form...
> Zilla Model ___
> Cell Ah_____ Cell Count____
> Charger___
> Adaptor Plate____

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60days...

Mike Willmon-3
What color would you like your MBS ;-)

Darn spell checker can't even catch the misspelling of BMS  ;-)

What color would you like that BMS Gene?

EV professor
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Mike Willmon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Darn spell checker can't even catch the misspelling of BMS  ;-)
>      [ So ad BMS to the dictionary and other combinations will have the red
> underline.]
> What color would you like that BMS Gene?

-- Also set your spell checker to check words in all CAPS. Not skip over
them.   (:^))
         Dennis Miles   <Director>
     Electric Vehicle Training Institute Inc.
  In Lakeland, Florida Call [863] 289-0690

Training the Technicians to service Tomorrow's Hybrid and Electric Cars !

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in60days...

Mike Willmon-3
Its kinda tough, the speel checker on this webmail access I have with my
provider pretty much bites  (see).

It doesn't even catch the stuff blatantly wrong.  The only options are
"Change", "Ignore" and "Done".  No "please learn this word" type of
button you would expect with a real mail client.

But regardless,  I'm excited the Zilla has returned :-)

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM , Dennis Miles wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Mike Willmon <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Darn spell checker can't even catch the misspelling of BMS  ;-)
>>      [ So ad BMS to the dictionary and other combinations will have
>> the red
>> underline.]

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in60days...

Dennis Miles-4
  From: [hidden email]
  To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List"
  Subject: Re: [EVDL] The Zilla is back! Controller to resume
  production in60days...
  Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:42:47 -0800 (AKDT)

  Its kinda tough, the speel checker on this webmail access I have with
  my
  provider pretty much bites (see).

  It doesn't even catch the stuff blatantly wrong. The only options are
  "Change", "Ignore" and "Done". No "please learn this word" type of
  button you would expect with a real mail client.

  But regardless, I'm excited the Zilla has returned :-)

  On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM , Dennis Miles wrote:

  > On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Mike Willmon wrote:
  >
  >> Darn spell checker can't even catch the misspelling of BMS ;-)
  >> [ So ad BMS to the dictionary and other combinations will have the
  red
  >> underline.]

** So consider a "FREE" E-Mail program from GMAIL.COM or MAIL.COM
  They both and others offer excellent word processing during Compose or
Reply modes.**

Dennis Miles, (Director)
Electric Vehicle Training Institute
in Central Florida
"Training Mechanics to Fix
Tomorrows Electric Vehicles!

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

JamesMorrison
Seth Rothenberg-2 wrote
Brilliant!
I look forward to being able to fill in the order form...
Zilla Model ___
Cell Ah_____ Cell Count____
Charger___
Adaptor Plate____
I am running the numbers on some different package deals we can do with the Zilla controller and other products combined.

Whereas when the Zilla was sold before through Cafe Electric and nothing else, that meant there was little opportunity for any large order purchase cost savings.

By having the Zilla controllers with all of our other products such as LiFePO4 batteries, Netgain motors, Elithion BMS, chargers, etc, we have the ability to do some interesting package offers that make everthing a bit more affordable for the EV community.
James Morrison

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

Jeff Shanab
Congratulations to all. This is GREAT news. (sorry for  my enthusiasm.)

I have been trying to save money for next summer, I want to make a
siamese-9/lithium-ion/drag-raceing minitruck.
  One discouraging part is that the closest drag strip is hundreds of
miles. I have to have a tow rig and spend large amounts of money each
time :-(

> Seth Rothenberg-2 wrote:
>

>> > Brilliant!
>> > I look forward to being able to fill in the order form...
>> > Zilla Model ___
>> > Cell Ah_____ Cell Count____
>> > Charger___
>> > Adaptor Plate____
>> >

> I am running the numbers on some different package deals we can do with the
> Zilla controller and other products combined.
>
> Whereas when the Zilla was sold before through Cafe Electric and nothing
> else, that meant there was little opportunity for any large order purchase
> cost savings.
>
> By having the Zilla controllers with all of our other products such as
> LiFePO4 batteries, Netgain motors, Elithion BMS, chargers, etc, we have the
> ability to do some interesting package offers that make everthing a bit more
> affordable for the EV community.
>
> -----
> James Morrison
>
> Electric Vehicle Components, LLC
> http://www.evcomponents.com
> [hidden email]
> 360-915-7514
> http://www.nabble.com/The-Zilla-is-back%21-Controller-to-resume-production-in-60-days...-tp25148464p25167238.html
> Nabble.com.

Re: The Zilla is back! Controller to resume production in 60 days...

Gene Stopp
Well, let me get things going first with my planned AGM/PFC-20/MkIId setup, then I might upgrade later.

But Zilla Green comes to mind...

Best Regards,

- Gene