This video a MUST SEE..... sorry I missed it on CBS Sunday Morning

This video a MUST SEE..... sorry I missed it on CBS Sunday Morning

Steven Lough
CBS Sunday Morning a while back had a 10 minute SPOT on the Rosy Future
of the Electric Cars...  It is a MUST SEE...  It brought tears to my eyes.

And nothing has done that since I saw the "early first" trailor to
"Who Killed the Electric Car" and Chelsea tearing up at the mock funural
for the EV1...two years ago.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/09/06/sunday/main3239838.shtml

This LINK, again Thanks to Felix, and the CalCars News FEED.

--
Steven S. Lough, Pres.
Seattle EV Association

Re: This video a MUST SEE..... sorry I missed it on CBS Sunday Morning

kEVs
I saw this too and want to share it with My chapter
EAA does anyone know how to get a DVD of it? I can't
get my computer to make one.  Meeting is not till the
25th if any one can make a DVD of this and send it to
me either electronically or via mail I would
appreciate it.

--- Steven Lough <[hidden email]> wrote:

> CBS Sunday Morning a while back had a 10 minute SPOT
> on the Rosy Future
> of the Electric Cars...  It is a MUST SEE...  It
> brought tears to my eyes.
>
> And nothing has done that since I saw the "early
> first" trailor to
> "Who Killed the Electric Car" and Chelsea tearing up
> at the mock funural
> for the EV1...two years ago.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/09/06/sunday/main3239838.shtml

> This LINK, again Thanks to Felix, and the CalCars
> News FEED.
>
> --
> Steven S. Lough, Pres.
> Seattle EV Association
> 6021 32nd Ave. N.E.
> Seattle,  WA  98115-7230
> Day:  206 850-8535
> Eve:  206 524-1351
> e-mail: [hidden email]
> web:     http://www.seattleeva.org

Re: This video a MUST SEE..... sorry I missed it on CBS Sunday Morning

Victor Tikhonov
Speaking of videos, her is small promotional video
of the EV roadster my European partner company (EVISOL)
put together.

Don't know about the cost but Thorr can be bought
as a kit. Not sure if it's legal in the USA though not
to have a wind shield.

I had a chance to drive in in the Netherlands. You better
wear goggles...  http://tinyurl.com/yq8v8k

Have fun,

Victor

keith vansickle wrote:
> I saw this too and want to share it with My chapter
> EAA does anyone know how to get a DVD of it? I can't
> get my computer to make one.  Meeting is not till the

Re: This video a MUST SEE..... sorry I missed it on CBSSunday Morning

Alan Brinkman
Keith,

About seven paragraphs down into this web page under Step 1: and Step 2:
are instructions on how to download free software to download the video
onto your computer and burn a DVD.
http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/02/how-to-burn-youtube-videos-to-dvd.htm
l  I wanted to try this out but ran out of time.  I have not tried these
programs and do not know if they are safe and virus free.

Alan

I saw this too and want to share it with My chapter
EAA does anyone know how to get a DVD of it? I can't
get my computer to make one.  Meeting is not till the
25th if any one can make a DVD of this and send it to
me either electronically or via mail I would
appreciate it.

--- Steven Lough <[hidden email]> wrote:

> CBS Sunday Morning a while back had a 10 minute SPOT
> on the Rosy Future
> of the Electric Cars...  It is a MUST SEE...  It
> brought tears to my eyes.
>
> And nothing has done that since I saw the "early
> first" trailor to
> "Who Killed the Electric Car" and Chelsea tearing up
> at the mock funural
> for the EV1...two years ago.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/09/06/sunday/main3239838.shtml

> This LINK, again Thanks to Felix, and the CalCars
> News FEED.
>
> --
> Steven S. Lough, Pres.
> Seattle EV Association
> 6021 32nd Ave. N.E.
> Seattle,  WA  98115-7230
> Day:  206 850-8535
> Eve:  206 524-1351
> e-mail: [hidden email]
> web:     http://www.seattleeva.org

Re: This video a MUST SEE..... sorry I missed it on CBSSunday Morning

Joseph T.
"Speaking of videos, her is small promotional video
of the EV roadster my European partner company (EVISOL)
put together."

Cool video! Just another EV out there making a difference. :)

On 9/21/07, Alan Brinkman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Keith,
>
> About seven paragraphs down into this web page under Step 1: and Step 2:
> are instructions on how to download free software to download the video
> onto your computer and burn a DVD.
> http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/02/how-to-burn-youtube-videos-to-dvd.htm
> l  I wanted to try this out but ran out of time.  I have not tried these
> programs and do not know if they are safe and virus free.
>
> Alan

Timothy Balcer
Good video but I think they should have done more research :)

Also.. I got a sour taste when Lutz said, about crushing the EV-1s "It
was done for all th right LEGAL reasons, but it was one of the dumbest
PR moves we've ever made"

Gotta love it. Also as far as I was aware, GM is doing next to nothing
in battery research.. it just is testing batteries from other vendors.

Re: This video a MUST SEE..... sorry I missed it on CBS Sunday Morning

Marty Hewes
I've been contemplating building an electric "Locost" 7 as my second project
and going autocrossing again :).

http://www.coveland.com/motorsports/index.cfm?ID=43
http://www.locostusa.com/

The Sevens weigh very little.  I'm figuring a Zilla, a couple 6.7" motors
and some lightweight batteries and this thing would be nosebleed fast.  An
autocross run typically lasts 90 seconds at most, with about half of that
off the throttle.

Marty

> Speaking of videos, her is small promotional video
> of the EV roadster my European partner company (EVISOL)
> put together.
>
> Don't know about the cost but Thorr can be bought
> as a kit. Not sure if it's legal in the USA though not
> to have a wind shield.
>
> I had a chance to drive in in the Netherlands. You better
> wear goggles...  http://tinyurl.com/yq8v8k
>
> Have fun,
>
> Victor
>
> keith vansickle wrote:
>> I saw this too and want to share it with My chapter
>> EAA does anyone know how to get a DVD of it? I can't
>> get my computer to make one.  Meeting is not till the

Re: This video a MUST SEE..... sorry I missed it on

Ralph Merwin-2

Marty,

Have you seen the "electric7"?  Here's a link: http://www.electric7.com/
It looks like the pages haven't been updated for a cople of years though.

Ralph

Marty Hewes writes:

> I've been contemplating building an electric "Locost" 7 as my second project
> and going autocrossing again :).
>
> http://www.coveland.com/motorsports/index.cfm?ID=43
> http://www.locostusa.com/
>
> The Sevens weigh very little.  I'm figuring a Zilla, a couple 6.7" motors
> and some lightweight batteries and this thing would be nosebleed fast.  An
> autocross run typically lasts 90 seconds at most, with about half of that
> off the throttle.
>
> Marty

Pretty cool setup.  I wish they had some performance specs on the site.

The site refers to battery packs from an auto salvage yard.  Anybody know
what those batteries are and what they came out of?  I wonder how many
hybrids are making it to the wreckers?

Marty
> It looks like the pages haven't been updated for a cople of years though.
>
> Ralph
>

> Marty Hewes writes:
>>
>> I've been contemplating building an electric "Locost" 7 as my second
>> project
>> and going autocrossing again :).
>>
>> http://www.coveland.com/motorsports/index.cfm?ID=43
>> http://www.locostusa.com/
>>
>> The Sevens weigh very little.  I'm figuring a Zilla, a couple 6.7" motors
>> and some lightweight batteries and this thing would be nosebleed fast.
>> An
>> autocross run typically lasts 90 seconds at most, with about half of that
>> off the throttle.
>>
>> Marty

Peter Gabrielsson
I'm pretty sure they're Prius packs, you can sometimes find them on
ebay for $500 or less if you're lucky, here's one 140160104606. The
modules are NiMH and just 6.6Ah (AFAIK) though so it's hard to build a
long range pack out of them.

www.electric-lemon.com