Throttle input on early Kelly Controller

Throttle input on early Kelly Controller

Steve Powers-2
I am still considering the 96 V / 600 A (peak) Kelly Controller on e-bay.  It's now up to $200, which is still a lot less than new and a lot less than the Curtis 1231 that sold for $740 last week (I also bit on that),  I think it will settle around $250-$300.  One sold a few weeks back for $300.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out what the throttle input is on it.  It is the older model, but never used.  On Cloud's website, it says the throttle can be 0-5k, 5k-0 or 0-5V.  But, I think that is wrong.  My car has a 5k-0 (old GE SCR controller) and the pot is only 2 wire.  I cannot add the 3rd wire as that it is sealed.  Anyway, I have been trying to determine if that controller will work on 5k-0.  I can't get the manual as that the link on their website is broken,  They are on chinese new year, so they are unable to get it to me before Friday when the auction ends.  Does anyone have the manual in PDF?

My intent was to replace my old (still working though) EV-1C SCR controller with this in my Jet Industries Electrica.  The goal was to get a "better" more modern controller so that it would be easier to sell the car.  I don't actually plan to drive the car myself.  For me, the SCR controller is fine, but potential buyers don't like it.  I don't want to change the pot box.  Too much work for the return on my investment.  I had dropped in an Alltrax 7245 for teting and it worked with the 5k-0, but that is Alltrax, not Kelly.  I thought the early Kelly models were also configurable, but I don't have the manual.

Steve

Re: Throttle input on early Kelly Controller

Cor van de Water
I think it is relatively simple to take a 2-wire
0-5k or 5k-0 pot and convert either into a 0-5V output.

Let me know if this will solve your issue and you
want me to draw up a circuit for you.

Director HW & Systems Architecture Group
Skype: cor_van_de_water     IM: [hidden email]
Tel: +1 408 383 7626        VoIP: +31 20 3987567 FWD# 25925

Re: Throttle input on early Kelly Controller

Cruisin
You might want to take a look at this on ebay  180619482416