Trojan 24tm

carlclifford

Hi List,

Anyone have an opinion on the Trojan 24TM?  It's on sale for 129.00 at Gander Mountain and I thought I should look into an alternative to the Hawker 1200's for my USE S10 since as someone pointed nobody ever saw one with many miles on it.

I am going to re-fit it with one string of 312v instead of two.  The max voltage draw is less than 200v if I undertand correctly so the Hawkers probably weren't a good option from that point of view anyway.

My head spins when I try to sort throught all of the batteries Trojan makes, so if anyone has another recommendation, that would be great.

Thanks

Carl Clifford
Denver

Re: Trojan 24tm

Timothy Balcer
That is listed as a 'Dual Purpose' battery.. which means it has
lighter plates to allow more energy to come out for starting engines.
The technical response to this is "Don't use dual purpose batteries".

That being said, you should ask Trojan about using it in this
application.. Give em a call. They are nice. :)

Hopefully someone here has actually had experience with them, but it's
a longshot.. most folks here use T-105 or an analog of that.