Trying to Buy an i-MiEV

m_radtke
Hello,

I am in Phoenix AZ and I am looking to buy a new Mitsubishi i-MiEV.

I am willing to buy the car from about anywhere in the country and
arrange transportation myself.  My local dealers aren't willing to do a
nationwide search.  So, I thought that I'd just ask here to see if
anyone knows of an available "new" 2012 i-MiEV.

I am looking for an ES model with the quick charge option.

Any leads or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Buying an i-MiEV where not sold/supported

brucedp5
This post was updated on .
[I ask iMiev drivers to correct/comment, and to post their favorite
iMiev forum URL]

Here is a page with iMiev specs
https://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/imiev/12/build.do

Since all iMiev models come with level-3 as an option (which is different
than Leaf models), here is the level-2 & 3 EVSE for your Phoenix AZ area
http://www.afdc.energy.gov/locator/stations/widget/results?utf8=%E2%9C%93&location=Phoenix%2C+AZ&filtered=true&fuel=ELEC&owner=all&payment=all&ev_level2=true&ev_dc_fast=true&radius=true&radius_miles=40

A craigslist search engine
http://www.searchtempest.com/results.php?location=85053&maxDist=400®ion_us=1&search_string=imiev&keytype=adv&Region=na&cityselect=zip&page=0&category=8&subcat=sss&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max
shows, the LA area has many iMiev

If your local Mit dealers
http://local.yahoo.com/AZ/Phoenix/Automotive/Dealers/Mitsubishi+Dealers
do not sell iMiev, then you are going to have to make an effort to get
service/support.

Using a web search for  buy imiev Phoenix AZ
it seems iMiev is not offered where you are, thus you will have to
travel far to transport one home. I found one page that shows some iMiev
sources outside AZ
http://www.carsoup.com/for-sale/Mitsubishi/I-Miev/?radius=500&dosort=price|asc&makeid=52&modelid=21463&minprice=&maxprice=&minmileage=&maxmileage=&maxyear=&minyear=

What you are doing is not that different than my early days experience
way-back in the 1990ś when there were no Production EVs to be bought.
You had to do the legwork yourself, and include the transporting your
conversion-EV back home (or to and from the business giving your
support), in your purchase/operating costs. Being diligent in this task
paid-off for me in the long run.

When you have achieved your goal, please post to the evdl what your
experience was.
I wish you Good Luck :-)

{brucedp.150m.com}

-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different...

Re: Trying to Buy an i-MiEV

Zeke Yewdall
Not sure of current availability, but the Denver mitsubishi dealership had
several of them this time last year.

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Michael A. Radtke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am in Phoenix AZ and I am looking to buy a new Mitsubishi i-MiEV.
>
> I am willing to buy the car from about anywhere in the country and
> arrange transportation myself.  My local dealers aren't willing to do a
> nationwide search.  So, I thought that I'd just ask here to see if
> anyone knows of an available "new" 2012 i-MiEV.
>
> I am looking for an ES model with the quick charge option.
>
> Any leads or suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Re: Trying to Buy an i-MiEV

JoeS.
m_radtke, as you undoubtedly know, CHAdeMO is an option on the ES model and on the SE model it is only part of the Premium package. You might try AutoTrader.com, but don't get your hopes up. Just recently I also tried to find an ES with CHAdeMO (looking for a second iMiEV) and none were to be found, but there was at least one Premium SE with CHAdeMO, but it was black :-( When talking with the dealer, don't be fooled as they don't understand that all of the iMiEVs come with two fueling hatches in the back. Those without CHAdeMO have nothing behind the hatchcover. I have almost 16K miles on my iMiEV and love it! It's a great practical daily workhorse, totally misunderstood by most of the automotive press. Best active online forum is myimiev.com/forum
Joe Siudzinski

Re: Trying to Buy an i-MiEV

Tom Keenan
It may be somewhat far for you, but both Mitsubishi of Concord and Mitsubishi of Oakland sell the iMiev. Both are San Francisco Bay Area dealerships.

Tom Keenan

On Jun 15, 2013, at 7:50 PM, "Michael A. Radtke" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am in Phoenix AZ and I am looking to buy a new Mitsubishi i-MiEV.
>
> I am willing to buy the car from about anywhere in the country and
> arrange transportation myself.  My local dealers aren't willing to do a
> nationwide search.  So, I thought that I'd just ask here to see if
> anyone knows of an available "new" 2012 i-MiEV.
>
> I am looking for an ES model with the quick charge option.
>
> Any leads or suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Re: Trying to Buy an i-MiEV

m_radtke
Hello,

Thank you for all of your responses.  This is what I've found so far.

I contacted a number of dealers, some of those you've suggested as well
as others.  All but one gave me roughly the same answer. They didn't
have the car that I wanted within their area and they refused to do a
nationwide search.

The dealer that was the one exception did a national search and found
the car. They refused to tell me where the car was but said that if I
paid the shipping to their dealership, they'd sell it to me.  They later
backed down on that and said that the dealer that had the car refused
to sell it to them. They still declined to give me the name of the
dealer.

I tried the Craig's list search and found plenty of SE models, but not
a single ES.

I'm pretty sure that I'll just have to stick with my ElectraVan for now.

Thanks for your help,
Mike

Re: Trying to Buy an i-MiEV

phil hochstetler-2
Have you tried "http://autos.aol.com" ?  A check of the "Used Car" section
shows 22  i-MiEV vehicles for sale (some ES model).

Phil H.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Michael A. Radtke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for all of your responses.  This is what I've found so far.
>
> I contacted a number of dealers, some of those you've suggested as well
> as others.  All but one gave me roughly the same answer. They didn't
> have the car that I wanted within their area and they refused to do a
> nationwide search.
>
> The dealer that was the one exception did a national search and found
> the car. They refused to tell me where the car was but said that if I
> paid the shipping to their dealership, they'd sell it to me.  They later
> backed down on that and said that the dealer that had the car refused
> to sell it to them. They still declined to give me the name of the
> dealer.
>
> I tried the Craig's list search and found plenty of SE models, but not
> a single ES.
>
> I'm pretty sure that I'll just have to stick with my ElectraVan for now.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Mike

Re: Buying an i-MiEV for Phoenix, AZ use

brucedp5
I think you have thrown in the towel too soon (unless you were expecting
those dealerships to do something that you did not mention?).

Another search gave
http://www.markmitsuglendale.com/explore/2012-mitsubishi-i-miev/phoenix-arizona
Mark Mitsubishi - Glendale  4434 W Glendale Ave. Glendale, AZ 85301 ...
Come visit our Arizona dealership, and choose a great used EV today!
If you’re in or near the Phoenix, AZ region, test-drive one of our used
or certified preowned models—and start enjoying an affordable,
save-the-Earth 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV now!

Bookmark the more friendly dealerships' iMiev inventory pages, and those
Craigslist links. Check them semi monthly until you get what you want.

{brucedp.150m.com}

-

-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
                          love email again

Re: Buying an i-MiEV for Phoenix, AZ use

m_radtke
Phil,

I'm looking for a new i-MiEV, not used.  But, I'll take a look at the
used ones that you suggested.

Bruce,

I haven't quite given up yet.  Mark Mitsubishi is the only Phoenix
sales and service dealer for the i-MiEV in spite of what Mitsubishi
says.  They are one of many dealers that refuses to do a national
search.

That brings up a second issue.  If I do buy an i-MiEV new or used, I'll
need Mark Mitsubishi for warranty service.  Their shop looks pretty
awful.

So no, I haven't given up yet but I need to pay attention to the signs
that I should.

Thanks,
Mike