Tucson J1772 Chargers

Rush Dougherty
Hello,

Tucson now has 2, I repeat 2, Level 2-J1772 chargers, but nobody here can
use them 'cause nobody has an inlet... BUT Bob Bookman, who bought them from
Chargepoint, is not charging for the cost of charging (if that makes cents).
So hurry on down to Tucson if you have a J1772 inlet.
www.TEVA2.com/J1772.html

Rush Dougherty
Tucson AZ

Re: Tucson J1772 Chargers

Peter Gabrielsson
I have one, but my range is not enough to get to Tucson, only 450
miles short... the agony! ;)

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Rush <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Tucson now has 2, I repeat 2, Level 2-J1772 chargers, but nobody here can
> use them 'cause nobody has an inlet... BUT Bob Bookman, who bought them from
> Chargepoint, is not charging for the cost of charging (if that makes cents).
> So hurry on down to Tucson if you have a J1772 inlet.
> www.TEVA2.com/J1772.html
>
> Rush Dougherty
> Tucson AZ

www.electric-lemon.com

Re: Tucson J1772 Chargers

Douglas A. Stansfield-2
J1772 inlets are just under $600 each?  Anybody find a place to buy them for
less than that?

Seems crazy when you can get other inlets for hundreds of dollars less and
carry the same amount of current.

I understand the benefits but at the moment my car can't use them anyway so
whats the point of paying so much for something I already have that works
fine.

Sincerely;

Douglas A. Stansfield
President
www.TransAtlanticElectricConversions.com
973-875-6276 (office)
973-670-9208 (cell)
973-440-1619 (fax)

ELECTRIC CAR PRODUCERS

I have one, but my range is not enough to get to Tucson, only 450
miles short... the agony! ;)

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Rush <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Tucson now has 2, I repeat 2, Level 2-J1772 chargers, but nobody here can
> use them 'cause nobody has an inlet... BUT Bob Bookman, who bought them
from
> Chargepoint, is not charging for the cost of charging (if that makes
cents).

> So hurry on down to Tucson if you have a J1772 inlet.
> www.TEVA2.com/J1772.html
>
> Rush Dougherty
> Tucson AZ

www.electric-lemon.com

Re: Tucson J1772 Chargers

Dennis Miles
*Douglas, have you noticed the webpage :  currentevtech.com   of Dave Kols?
his e-mail as listed on his webpage is [hidden email]    he is
advertising a "Inlet" for the car and a "plug with handle," and 40 feet of
heavy duty cable for only $450 total (Plus tax and freight) When last WE
communicated he was still working on the electronics package for each end. I
will tell you how to do the "Inlet" Or car end electronics and it only takes
one small silicon diode and two small resistors and a switch to activate the
208 to 240 VAC supply and to cut it off to prevent arcing. Nice pictures on
the web site.!
Regards,
Dennis Lee Miles   (Director)     E.V.T.I. inc.
www.E-V-T-I-Inc.COM           (Adviser) EVTI-EVA Education Chapter
Phone (863) 944 - 9913
=====================================================*
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:49 PM, Douglas A. Stansfield <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> J1772 inlets are just under $600 each?  Anybody find a place to buy them
> for
> less than that?
>
> Seems crazy when you can get other inlets for hundreds of dollars less and
> carry the same amount of current.
>
> I understand the benefits but at the moment my car can't use them anyway so
> whats the point of paying so much for something I already have that works
> fine.
>

> Sincerely;
>
> Douglas A. Stansfield
> President
> www.TransAtlanticElectricConversions.com
> 973-875-6276 (office)
> 973-670-9208 (cell)
> 973-440-1619 (fax)
>
> ELECTRIC CAR PRODUCERS

   It’s estimated that the existing U.S. electrical grid has sufficient
capacity to fully fuel three-quarters of the nation’s 217 million passenger
vehicles.

Re: Tucson J1772 Chargers

Douglas A. Stansfield-2
Thanks Dennis,

I will check it out.

Still a little on the steep side but I'm still interested.  I don't know of
any public chargers in NJ so if we get a few up and running, then I will now
have a place to get the components I will need in order to use them.

Thanks again,

[hidden email]> wrote:

> J1772 inlets are just under $600 each?  Anybody find a place to buy them
> for
> less than that?
>
> Seems crazy when you can get other inlets for hundreds of dollars less and
> carry the same amount of current.
>
> I understand the benefits but at the moment my car can't use them anyway
so

> whats the point of paying so much for something I already have that works
> fine.
>

> Sincerely;
>
> Douglas A. Stansfield
> President
> www.TransAtlanticElectricConversions.com
> 973-875-6276 (office)
> 973-670-9208 (cell)
> 973-440-1619 (fax)
>
> ELECTRIC CAR PRODUCERS

Seth Rothenberg
>>>I don't know of any public chargers in NJ...

My neighbor put $99 on a Leaf reservation,
whatever they might be worth...they told him
the leaf will become available first in places
where interest warrants public charging stations.
He doesn't need a public charging station,
but that's the policy he was told.

Re: Tucson J1772 Chargers

Charles Whalen
> he is advertising ... a "plug with handle," and 40 feet of heavy duty
> cable for only $450 total

Just to let you know, per NEC 625.17, any J1772 connector/cable-set over 25
feet in length requires the use of a UL-listed cable management/retraction
system.  Using a 40-foot cable without a UL-listed cable
management/retraction system is a violation of the National Electrical Code.
Any vendor selling a J1772 connector/cable-set over 25 feet in length should
make that clear.

There were some previous-generation J1772 (aka Avcon) public charging
stations in Atlanta (long since decomissioned) that had such a cable

[hidden email]> wrote:

> J1772 inlets are just under $600 each?  Anybody find a place to buy them
> for
> less than that?
>
> Seems crazy when you can get other inlets for hundreds of dollars less and
> carry the same amount of current.
>
> I understand the benefits but at the moment my car can't use them anyway
> so
> whats the point of paying so much for something I already have that works
> fine.
>

> Sincerely;
>
> Douglas A. Stansfield
> President
> www.TransAtlanticElectricConversions.com
> 973-875-6276 (office)
> 973-670-9208 (cell)
> 973-440-1619 (fax)
>
> ELECTRIC CAR PRODUCERS

Thank you for pointing that out, I mentioned to David Kols that Coulomb
Technology was only  using a 18 ft. cord, but he said his "Tesla kit from
last year had a 30 ft. cord and some wanted longer so he was offering a 40
ft. cord for their convenience, the installer certainly can shorten it.  I
hope David reads your post.
Regards,
Dennis Miles