UCAIR& maverik(ice-stations) e-Hwy begin w/ L3&2 Chargepoint EVSE @SLC-UT

brucedp

http://www.utahbusiness.com/utahs-national-park-electric-vehicle-corridor-kicks-off-two-chargers/
Utah’s National Park Electric Vehicle Corridor Kicks Off with Two Chargers
Aug 1, 2017  Press Releases Press Release

Salt Lake City—The Governor’s Office of Energy Development (OED), in partnership with Utah Clean Air Partnership (UCAIR) and Maverik, Inc. launched the Mighty Five Electric Vehicle Corridor Initiative with the installation of two DC Fast Chargers on August 1.

With the ramp-up in electric vehicle (EV) adoption in Utah and beyond, the initiative aims to make EV travel accessible from Salt Lake City to Utah’s iconic national parks located hundreds of miles away. The chargers, recently installed at Maverik locations in Fillmore and Washington, will provide travelers with key charging points across 300 miles of road.

“By advancing strategic partnerships, we are proud to pave the way for locals and tourists to explore Utah’s natural wonders through innovative transportation options,” said Dr. Laura Nelson, the governor’s energy advisor and executive director of the Governor’s Office of Energy Development. “In building a robust EV infrastructure, we are able to provide a new kind of opportunity to experience the great outdoors while enhancing our environmental outcomes.”

The installations were made possible through UCAIR grant funding matched by OED and Maverik. Both locations now have a DC Fast Charger, and a Level 2 EV Charger available to drivers.

“We’re super excited to partner on this initiative,” said Andre Lortz, Maverik’s chief financial officer. “Electric car demand is growing and we’re happy to help fuel people on their route to adventure. Especially the natural parks in our own back yard.”

“Surveys show us Utahns want clean air and are willing to make significant changes to get it. No one individual, nonprofit, business or state agency can do it alone,” said Gwen Springmyer, interim director for UCAIR. “The Utah Clean Air Partnership encourages our partners to combine forces and collaborate on projects and programs to further their program goals and our collective goal. This Mighty Five Initiative is a perfect example and UCAIR is proud to provide support. We look forward to emission reduction reports so we can report to Utahns regarding progress toward cleaner air.”

For more information regarding the newly installed DC Fast Chargers at Maverik’s Fillmore and Washington locations, visit energy.utah.gov.
[© utahbusiness.com]
http://energy.utah.gov/utahs-mighty-five-national-park-electric-vehicle-corridor-initiative-kicks-off/
Utah’s Mighty Five National Park Electric Vehicle Corridor Initiative kicks off with the installation of two chargers
July 31, 2017 — The Governor’s Office of Energy Development (OED), in partnership with Utah Clean Air Partnership (UCAIR) and Maverik, Inc. is pleased to launch the Mighty Five Electric Vehicle Corridor Initiative with the installation of two DC Fast Chargers on August 1, 2017. The event will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Maverik Basecamp at 185 South State Street in Salt Lake City ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/