VW van

Electric Blue auto convertions
the next project is a VW van, I bought it overf the week end, this one will have a 4 foot section cut out of it. It will be very short. I have done 3 of them like this before. all gas powered when I was in Florida with my auto restoration shop . not all that hard to do, but this time it will be electric powered . give my wife something to play with, or sell this one off too

"Fool proof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools "

Re: VW van

gottdi
Hope your not going to take a pre 67 Bus in good condition and chop it to make a shorty.
http://onegreenev.blogspot.com/
No need to wait any longer. You can now buy one off the shelf. You can still build one too.

Re: VW van

Doug Weathers

On Sep 12, 2011, at 10:13 AM, Electric Blue auto convertions wrote:

> the next project is a VW van, I bought it overf the week end, this one will have a 4 foot section cut out of it. It will be very short.

uhhh... why?  You lose all the cargo space, right?  And the sliding door?

Sounds kinda cool, though.  Sort of like this one, only different:

<http://www.theclassicbeetle.com/2008/07/28/lowered-vw-bus-volkswagen-vancake/>

This must be more like what you're going to do:

<http://www.flickr.com/groups/volkswagenshortbus/>

Kinda cute but looks dangerously unstable.  Maybe you should name it ... no, that would be politics.  Sorry.

A guy named Otmar Ebenhoech (designer of the Zilla controller) welded two Vanagon buses together to make a long one.  Originally he was going to electrify the front wheels and make a hybrid, but never got around to it.

<http://evcl.com/vw/>

Good luck and have fun!

--
Doug Weathers
http://www.gdunge.com

Re: VW van

gottdi
This post was updated on .
This is my inspiration for doing a pre 67 Bus.

http://www.evalbum.com/384

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3orXopgLNs

I have a 67 Panel Bus that will be a show and go. A slow project for sure but coming along nicely. Mine will be used for hauling organic veggies to market and to deliver solar panels locally. That is the plan and its moving slowly forward.

Pete :)
http://onegreenev.blogspot.com/
No need to wait any longer. You can now buy one off the shelf. You can still build one too.

Re: VW van

You mean like these:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/volkswagenshortbus/pool/

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Skype: cor_van_de_water     XoIP: +31877841130
Tel: +1 408 383 7626        Tel: +91 (040)23117400 x203

Hope your not going to take a pre 67 Bus in good condition and chop it
to make a shorty.

-----
If you don't understand, be patient, you will. Now I understand. :)
Nabble.com.

Re: VW van

nicklogan
       Be cautious if you build one of these shortened VW buses - a good friend in high school built one and the first time he hit the brakes hard it flipped forward on it's nose, caught on fire and killed him.