Very INTERESTING AMP Electric Mercedes EV Conversion

Very INTERESTING AMP Electric Mercedes EV Conversion

Steven Lough
I especially love the last 2 seconds..  A RACE between their Conversion
Mercedes, and a Gas Model of the same car.

No doubt very expensive, and what would you do with a brand new Mercedes
powertrain, gas tank, exhaust system etc.
Its one thing to GUT a 10 year old Geo Metro, or a Honda Insight,   but
a new or nearly new Mercedes ? ? ?

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s7ZpYVYUDQ )

--
Steven S Lough
President: Seattle EV Association

Re: Very INTERESTING AMP Electric Mercedes EV Conversion

Roland Wiench
You can get all or your investment back plus more by saving all the
equipment remove from a new vehicle and 30 years later reinstall them back
in.  This is what I did.  Sold the vehicle for three times I paid for it.

In my first conversion I use a 1975 Chevelle Coupe and remove the entire
suspension, engine, transmission, drive line, differential, wheels, tires,
dash, seats, wire harness and upholstery.  Store these items and 10 years
later I had the original lacquer paint remove and had it base coat, clear
coat which was color sanded.  Reinstall the original items and store the
vehicle when I had by 2nd EV on the road.  I was offer three times of what I
paid for it at the time which I did not sell yet.

Hay, this is a way to get your investment back.  So I bought one of those
low slung sports car in 85 and store it away until 2006 which I sold it for
three times I paid for it.

This is what a friend of my that owns a customizer shop which he
reconditions old vehicles to either Concurs condition, or Bling it.  Some of
these vehicles go for over $100,000.00 at auction.

> I especially love the last 2 seconds..  A RACE between their Conversion
> Mercedes, and a Gas Model of the same car.
>
> No doubt very expensive, and what would you do with a brand new Mercedes
> powertrain, gas tank, exhaust system etc.
> Its one thing to GUT a 10 year old Geo Metro, or a Honda Insight,   but
> a new or nearly new Mercedes ? ? ?
>
> ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s7ZpYVYUDQ )
>
> --
> Steven S Lough
> President: Seattle EV Association
> 206 524 1351
> WEB: www.seattleeva.org

Re: Very INTERESTING AMP Electric Mercedes EV Conversion

Rick Beebe
On 10/12/2011 02:14 PM, Roland Wiench wrote:

> Hay, this is a way to get your investment back.  So I bought one of those
> low slung sports car in 85 and store it away until 2006 which I sold it for
> three times I paid for it.

You gotta predict a desirable car, of course. 3 times after 21 years is
only a little over 5% annual return on your money. Not all that great,
really. It's even less if you subtract all your storage and insurance costs.

--Rick

Re: Very INTERESTING AMP Electric Mercedes EV Conversion

David Ladd
5% annual is a lot better than most of my investments have been doing lately :-)