Volt closer to testing and production (supposedly)

Volt closer to testing and production (supposedly)

Richard Acuti
Read here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070809/sc_nm/gm_volt_dc

Re: Volt closer to testing and production (supposedly)

Dan Frederiksen-2
Well, they seem to have committed to it now at least even if at first it
was only a quick damage control project. The fact that they had the
physical car ready but that we haven't seen it move at more than 12v
speed probably means they had zero plans for an EV at the time who
killed the EV was made.
Whatever the truth they are at least committing to it in words now and a
let down of this too would probably be yet another PR disaster. I tend
to think they mean it even if they don't yet like it :)
One interesting side effect of this might be that the other car makers
will get scared and do something. maybe even a race to finish which
would be hella good. I have a bet with an anti EV guy where I get 500$
if 5% of cars sold in 2012 are EVs : ) I got 3:1 odds but it will be the
sting of failure that will mean more to me if nothing significant has
happened by 2012

Dan