Walmart Electric Highway

I noticed on Plugshare that charging deserts are being filled in,. Just wondering who is responsible.  I might be able to get across the country in a reasonable amount of time with a chademo or CCS car.  Lawrence Rhodes

Re: Walmart Electric Highway

   Charge stations have just been installed at the Walmart store that is
near I-10 in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. That is west of both Baton Rouge and
the Atchafalaya Basin 18 mile long bridge. I believe that it was funded by
the VW diesel gate money.
   Feel free to check out our new electric vehicles club, Bayou Electric
Vehicles at HTTP://www.bayouev.org
We are small but growing.

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018, 2:06 PM Lawrence Rhodes via EV <[hidden email]
wrote:

> I noticed on Plugshare that charging deserts are being filled in,. Just
> wondering who is responsible.  I might be able to get across the country in
> a reasonable amount of time with a chademo or CCS car.  Lawrence Rhodes

Finding Walmart EVSE near you: Walmart Electric Highway

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Walmart-Electric-Highway-tp4691970.html

(dated)
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/stoopid-VW-s-e-america-is-squandering-EVSE-scandal-fund-tp4690034.html
]

% To find public walmart EVSE in your area, search using keywords
plugshare.com <your-zip-code> walmart
 (where <your-zip-code> you use your zip code w/o the <>
 Example: searching using  plugshare.com 95051 walmart
 gives
https://www.google.com/search?q=plugshare.com+95051+walmart

%

[dated]
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1116327_really-fast-electric-car-charging-stations-coming-to-a-walmart-near-you
Really fast electric-car charging stations coming to a Walmart near you
Apr 19, 2018  Eric C. Evarts

[images
https://images.hgmsites.net/med/electrify-america-level-2-chargers-with-chevrolet-bolt-and-nissan-leaf_100649853_m.jpg
Electrify America Level 2 chargers with Chevrolet Bolt and Nissan Leaf

https://images.hgmsites.net/med/electrify-america-planned-charging-map_100649863_m.jpg
Electrify America planned charging map
]

Tired of not being able to find a fast charging station near the stuff you
need to buy? Not anymore.

Electrify America, an organization born out of the Volkswagen emissions
settlement, plans to install an unspecified number of DC fast-charge
stations at 100 Walmart stores across the country.

Not only should this give electric car drivers a convenient place to charge
while they buy groceries and other essentials, it may also play an important
role in making fast electric car chargers a common sight for mainstream
American Walmart shoppers.

Electrify America says that the Walmart installations will include DC fast
chargers with up to 350-kw of power that can replenish 20 miles of range per
minute—plenty to fill up your 200-mile electric car while you shop.

The company notes that that's about seven times faster than most of today's
fast chargers outside the Tesla Supercharger network.

The fast chargers will include both CHAdeMO and CCS Combo plugs to
accommodate the widest variety of electric cars on the road. (CHAdeMO
connections will provide only 50 kw, or about three miles of range per
minute.)

Alongside the fast chargers, the company will install standard Level 2,
240-volt chargers for electric cars and plug-in hybrids that don't have DC
fast-charge capability.

Both types of chargers will be equipped with credit-card readers so they're
accessible to just about any electric car driver; they don't require
membership in a charging service.

CHECK OUT: Battle over VW's $2 billion fund for electric-car charging:
sorting out the questions [
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1106892_battle-over-vws-2-billion-fund-for-electric-car-charging-sorting-out-the-questions
]

The fast chargers stand eight feet tall, so they'll be easy to spot, and use
a 15-inch touch screen for controls as well as some redundant buttons.

Nationwide, Electrify America plans to deploy 2,000 chargers across the
country at 484 sites in 17 U.S. cities and along highways in 39 states.

READ THIS: Electrify America contracts with Greenlots for electric-car
charging sites, installations [
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1114359_electrify-america-contracts-with-greenlots-for-electric-car-charging-sites-installations
]

The Volkswagen settlement calls for the company to spend $2 billion building
plug-in car charging facilities along with hydrogen fueling stations in
California.Almost half of that—$800,000—will go to California; the other
$1.2 billion will be spread across the country.

Electrify America, a company built to spend that money and get the stations
built, has contracted with charging network Greenlots, to install the
stations in major cities.
[© greencarreports.com]

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/walmart-vw-electrify-america-ev-charging-station/
Walmart and Electrify America team up on 100 EV
Apr 18, 2018 - Walmart is the perfect partner for Electrify America to bring
electric charging services to EV owners who value their time." Electrify
America's fast charger will work with vehicles that use DC fast charging up
to 350 kW as well as vehicles that need AC charging.

https://www.nydailynews.com/autos/news/volkswagen-electrify-america-walmart-charging-stations-article-1.3943042?cid=msn
VW to bring EV charging stations to more than 100 ... - NY Daily News
https://www.nydailynews.com/autos/news/volkswagen-electrify-america-walmart-chargi...
Apr 19, 2018 - car e-car electric car automobile charge power station
environment ... Volkswagen's Electrify America subsidiary teamed up with
Walmart to ...

+
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Tesco-VW-public-uk-EVSE-network-tp4691972.html
Tesco,VW public.uk EVSE network
Tesco, Volkswagen to develop UK electric vehicle charging network
30 November 2018  INTERNATIONAL - Britain's biggest retailer Tesco and
German car maker Volkswagen have teamed up to develop an electric vehicle
charging ...