Wave solder machine

Mark Grasser
 I am still in the process of building the CNC machine as mentioned a month
ago. Things are going well but slower than expected. Something more
important came up. I purchased a wave solder machine and have it assembled
and running. Seems waving boards became more important then cutting out
parts. I don't think I mentioned it but all of this development is due to my
unemployment. I have decided that it is time someone opens a facility to
build electronics in the USA instead of sourcing production in Asia. Seems
used production equipment is REALLY CHEAP in the U.S. as everyone closes
down their facilities and runs off to Asia.
I am preparing to go into the Marine Electronics business (been doing it for
about 25 years for someone else) and then hoping to use it to support some
EV hobby adventures. So why am I writing, Well I figure the wave machine
won't be getting any heavy working out for another 8 weeks or so and I know
there are guys manufacturing on the list. Thought I'd offer to do some
assembly work if anyone could use it. Anyone in need of assembly and solder
work?

Mark Grasser

Oh, not sure if it matters to you but for about the next six months it will
be a water soluble flux machine with 63/37 tin/lead. It will take another
$8,000.00 to convert it to RoHs

Re: Wave solder machine

henry buehler
I went into a room that was 15 by 20 feet that was a factory for military
spec capacitors, of the size used by metric, someone stopped paying and this
stuff was left.. there was a hand crank winder with spools of foil and
celaphane, there was a drum of pcb oil and cans that would be the
capacitors. It all just sat there for years..
 I understand that batteries being made now are made by hand and that
automated manufacture is not yet used. I think someone said the cells looked
like wraped poptarts. Is it posible to build these on a small scale ?

On 1/10/08, Mark Grasser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am still in the process of building the CNC machine as mentioned a month
> ago. Things are going well but slower than expected. Something more
> important came up. I purchased a wave solder machine and have it assembled
> and running. Seems waving boards became more important then cutting out
> parts. I don't think I mentioned it but all of this development is due to
> my
> unemployment. I have decided that it is time someone opens a facility to
> build electronics in the USA instead of sourcing production in Asia. Seems
> used production equipment is REALLY CHEAP in the U.S. as everyone closes
> down their facilities and runs off to Asia.
> I am preparing to go into the Marine Electronics business (been doing it
> for
> about 25 years for someone else) and then hoping to use it to support some
> EV hobby adventures. So why am I writing, Well I figure the wave machine
> won't be getting any heavy working out for another 8 weeks or so and I
> know
> there are guys manufacturing on the list. Thought I'd offer to do some
> assembly work if anyone could use it. Anyone in need of assembly and
> solder
> work?
>
> Mark Grasser
>
> Oh, not sure if it matters to you but for about the next six months it
> will
> be a water soluble flux machine with 63/37 tin/lead. It will take another
> $8,000.00 to convert it to RoHs

Re: Wave solder machine

FRED JEANETTE MERTENS
the barrel of pcb's are a horriable haxardists waste problem  the orginal owner should be paying the clean up the cost could be in thousands ..  hope your not stuck !!!!

  On 1/10/08, Mark Grasser <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

  > I am still in the process of building the CNC machine as mentioned a month
  > ago. Things are going well but slower than expected. Something more
  > important came up. I purchased a wave solder machine and have it assembled
  > and running. Seems waving boards became more important then cutting out
  > parts. I don't think I mentioned it but all of this development is due to
  > my
  > unemployment. I have decided that it is time someone opens a facility to
  > build electronics in the USA instead of sourcing production in Asia. Seems
  > used production equipment is REALLY CHEAP in the U.S. as everyone closes
  > down their facilities and runs off to Asia.
  > I am preparing to go into the Marine Electronics business (been doing it
  > for
  > about 25 years for someone else) and then hoping to use it to support some
  > EV hobby adventures. So why am I writing, Well I figure the wave machine
  > won't be getting any heavy working out for another 8 weeks or so and I
  > know
  > there are guys manufacturing on the list. Thought I'd offer to do some
  > assembly work if anyone could use it. Anyone in need of assembly and
  > solder
  > work?
  >
  > Mark Grasser
  >
  > Oh, not sure if it matters to you but for about the next six months it
  > will
  > be a water soluble flux machine with 63/37 tin/lead. It will take another
  > $8,000.00 to convert it to RoHs

Re: Wave solder machine

henry buehler
owner of pcb oil stoped paying rent, gone, never heard from again. I was in
another part of building doing carpentry and was told about the capacitor
factory as being a curiosity. The leaking transformer was recently replaced,
had a friend who had to mopp up the spot where leaking transformers were
stored. He was fired now he mops schools.

the plates are foil but they are not flat they are wave, embosed ? isn't the
plate coated with a nano material ?
anode plate ,electrolite, cathode plate, I think you can make a battery from
a potato.

On 1/11/08, FRED JEANETTE MERTENS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> the barrel of pcb's are a horriable haxardists waste problem  the orginal
> owner should be paying the clean up the cost could be in thousands ..  hope
> your not stuck !!!!

Re: Wave solder machine

Hi Mark,

How is your wave soldering machine working? I've been asked to do
another batch of my Battery Balancers, and wondered if you're ready to
quote on wave soldering the boards?

There are two boards, both entirely thru-hole parts. The relay board is
3" x 12", and the control board is 6" x 12". Mostly small parts
(resistors, ICs) but there are also some big relays and screw terminals
-- it can be tricky to get it set up right so both small and large parts
solder well.

--
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget the perfect offering

Re: Wave solder machine

Lee Hart
Lee Hart wrote:
> Hi Mark. How is your wave soldering machine working?...

Oops; that was supposed to go to Mark. Darn, I hate the Thunderbird mail
program! It doesn't show me where emails came from; only their originator.