What blower motor to get and where to buy

What blower motor to get and where to buy

Hi-Torque Electric
Hey All

I got a future job coming down the pike and they want
me to obtain the blower motor and the duct for them.
This is going to be for the University of
Missouri-Rolla and it's hard for them to jump through
all the hoops to get the funds so they want me to
compile a complete motor / cooling motor package.

On a fun note (maybe not for the AC guys, who might
consider it outright blasphemy) I've been requested to
trim an Impulse 9 down so they can stuff it into an
EV1 if you can believe that! 8^)
(breath Victor) ;^D LMAO (I know, I'm a pig) 8^)

They'll be running it 144 volts but it has to stay on
campus and can't leave (so I'm told)(be cool if they
could race it on track, but didn't sound that way)
Anyway I'll have to ditch the fan to make it work and
they'll need a blower to keep it cooled.  The nice
plus is it's a 10 to 1 ratio which will keep the RPM's
up into a happier zone while it's campus cruising at
slower speeds generally.

Anyway I was hoping you all could point me to a well
built blower motor and what duct works best and again
where to buy.  I'll be donating the machining for the
students and I want to set them up right but don't
want to end up eating anything so to speak.  I'm just
tickeled I'll have a motor out there pushing an EV1
around.

Maybe I can get Chip or who EVer to let me put that
"Who killed the Electric car" shirt logo airbrushed on
the motor 8^)  Be like, See what they did!  They sent
us back to the stone age using brushed DC motors 8^o
Yeah I know I'm a DC motor slut, I'll stick my motor
into damn near anything 8^) this one will be kinda
sexy though ;^D  Prettier than Mikes Pinto that's for
dang sure, LMAO!

BTW I don't think this stuff up (no hate mail), I just
do what I'm told.  Anyway I thought it was cool and if
nothing else I get to help put one back into driving
mode, EVen if it's caged.

Any input would be great, and needed so I can factor
those costs into this, so I can help set these guys up
for their project this year.

Cya
Jim Husted
Hi-Torque Electric

BTW, I am no Mother Terisa, I actually sold them the
motor and made a few bucks, my first Netgain sale as a
matter of fact 8^)  Sponsoring the rest helps ease
freight costs and keeps their budget allowable.  I
also look at it as sales and word of mouth futures.
But mostly cause I'll get to cram my motor into an
EV1, LMAO!
Cya

Re: What blower motor to get and where to buy

rodhower
Jim,
If you can use a 12 or 24Vdc blower (various sizes and
flow rates) I can hook you up free of charge.  Just
let me know what you have in mind and I'll send it
your way, no charge (and I won't even ask for a free
raffle ticket!)
Rod
P.S. I also have access to AC blowers that run off of
120 or 240Vac, or DC at 168 and 320VDC (and many DC
voltages above and below this range, the AC is
converted to DC anyhow so that's not a problem).
One of the benefits of this list, knowing guys with
free stuff to get your project going!
--- Jim Husted <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> BTW I don't think this stuff up (no hate mail), I
> just
> do what I'm told.  Anyway I thought it was cool and
> if
> nothing else I get to help put one back into driving
> mode, EVen if it's caged.
>
> Any input would be great, and needed so I can factor
> those costs into this, so I can help set these guys
> up
> for their project this year.
>
> Cya
> Jim Husted
> Hi-Torque Electric
>
> BTW, I am no Mother Terisa, I actually sold them the
> motor and made a few bucks, my first Netgain sale as
> matter of fact 8^)  Sponsoring the rest helps ease
> freight costs and keeps their budget allowable.  I
> also look at it as sales and word of mouth futures.
> But mostly cause I'll get to cram my motor into an

Z Wheelz website

Gary Krysztopik-2
Here is the start of a website to show early plans and progress for some
BEV's.  Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary Krysztopik
www.ZWheelz.com
San Antonio, TX

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8/16/2007 9:48 AM

Re: What blower motor to get and where to buy

Hello Jim,

Look at www.overtons.com

These are marine 4 and 3 inch marine all plastic 12 v blowers and they have
the hoses to fit it.

I am using a 12v Dayton blower that you can normally get from a electrical
supply house that is mounted directly to the brush cover which works good
for a solid steel cover.  The screen covers as on the Warp motors need a
addition curve steel base that is bolt to the face of the motor with drop
down tabs.

The above inline marine blower motor may be a better installation.  These
blowers also work good for bringing in fresh air into a battery box and
exhaust out without any battery fumes damage to this unit.

The price on these marine blowers are less than $10.00, must be made in
China.  The Dayton motors run about $80.00 and you must have adapter made to
connect hoses to them.

> I got a future job coming down the pike and they want
> me to obtain the blower motor and the duct for them.
> This is going to be for the University of
> Missouri-Rolla and it's hard for them to jump through
> all the hoops to get the funds so they want me to
> compile a complete motor / cooling motor package.
>
> On a fun note (maybe not for the AC guys, who might
> consider it outright blasphemy) I've been requested to
> trim an Impulse 9 down so they can stuff it into an
> EV1 if you can believe that! 8^)
> (breath Victor) ;^D LMAO (I know, I'm a pig) 8^)
>
> They'll be running it 144 volts but it has to stay on
> campus and can't leave (so I'm told)(be cool if they
> could race it on track, but didn't sound that way)
> Anyway I'll have to ditch the fan to make it work and
> they'll need a blower to keep it cooled.  The nice
> plus is it's a 10 to 1 ratio which will keep the RPM's
> up into a happier zone while it's campus cruising at
> slower speeds generally.
>
> Anyway I was hoping you all could point me to a well
> built blower motor and what duct works best and again
> where to buy.  I'll be donating the machining for the
> students and I want to set them up right but don't
> want to end up eating anything so to speak.  I'm just
> tickeled I'll have a motor out there pushing an EV1
> around.
>
> Maybe I can get Chip or who EVer to let me put that
> "Who killed the Electric car" shirt logo airbrushed on
> the motor 8^)  Be like, See what they did!  They sent
> us back to the stone age using brushed DC motors 8^o
> Yeah I know I'm a DC motor slut, I'll stick my motor
> into damn near anything 8^) this one will be kinda
> sexy though ;^D  Prettier than Mikes Pinto that's for
> dang sure, LMAO!
>
> BTW I don't think this stuff up (no hate mail), I just
> do what I'm told.  Anyway I thought it was cool and if
> nothing else I get to help put one back into driving
> mode, EVen if it's caged.
>
> Any input would be great, and needed so I can factor
> those costs into this, so I can help set these guys up
> for their project this year.
>
> Cya
> Jim Husted
> Hi-Torque Electric
>
> BTW, I am no Mother Terisa, I actually sold them the
> motor and made a few bucks, my first Netgain sale as a
> matter of fact 8^)  Sponsoring the rest helps ease
> freight costs and keeps their budget allowable.  I
> also look at it as sales and word of mouth futures.
> But mostly cause I'll get to cram my motor into an
> EV1, LMAO!
> Cya

Re: What blower motor to get and where to buy

Andrew Kane-2
     Mr. Husted,
     I know you have a business to run and a family to support...
     But after this post of yours I hope you don't mind if i call you :

     Motor Teresa?!?

On 8/16/07, Jim Husted <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey All
>
> I got a future job coming down the pike and they want
> me to obtain the blower motor and the duct for them.
> This is going to be for the University of
> Missouri-Rolla and it's hard for them to jump through
> all the hoops to get the funds so they want me to
> compile a complete motor / cooling motor package.
>
> On a fun note (maybe not for the AC guys, who might
> consider it outright blasphemy) I've been requested to
> trim an Impulse 9 down so they can stuff it into an
> EV1 if you can believe that! 8^)
> (breath Victor) ;^D LMAO (I know, I'm a pig) 8^)
>
> They'll be running it 144 volts but it has to stay on
> campus and can't leave (so I'm told)(be cool if they
> could race it on track, but didn't sound that way)
> Anyway I'll have to ditch the fan to make it work and
> they'll need a blower to keep it cooled.  The nice
> plus is it's a 10 to 1 ratio which will keep the RPM's
> up into a happier zone while it's campus cruising at
> slower speeds generally.
>
> Anyway I was hoping you all could point me to a well
> built blower motor and what duct works best and again
> where to buy.  I'll be donating the machining for the
> students and I want to set them up right but don't
> want to end up eating anything so to speak.  I'm just
> tickeled I'll have a motor out there pushing an EV1
> around.
>
> Maybe I can get Chip or who EVer to let me put that
> "Who killed the Electric car" shirt logo airbrushed on
> the motor 8^)  Be like, See what they did!  They sent
> us back to the stone age using brushed DC motors 8^o
> Yeah I know I'm a DC motor slut, I'll stick my motor
> into damn near anything 8^) this one will be kinda
> sexy though ;^D  Prettier than Mikes Pinto that's for
> dang sure, LMAO!
>
> BTW I don't think this stuff up (no hate mail), I just
> do what I'm told.  Anyway I thought it was cool and if
> nothing else I get to help put one back into driving
> mode, EVen if it's caged.
>
> Any input would be great, and needed so I can factor
> those costs into this, so I can help set these guys up
> for their project this year.
>
> Cya
> Jim Husted
> Hi-Torque Electric
>
> BTW, I am no Mother Terisa, I actually sold them the
> motor and made a few bucks, my first Netgain sale as a
> matter of fact 8^)  Sponsoring the rest helps ease
> freight costs and keeps their budget allowable.  I
> also look at it as sales and word of mouth futures.
> But mostly cause I'll get to cram my motor into an
> EV1, LMAO!
> Cya

Re: Z Wheelz website

daelectric
Nice looking prototypes you got there.

The one thing I see is that the weight distribution seems a little off and
might have some problems with the rear end sliding out during turns. I am
trying to find a link that I used to have where a guy did a pretty write up
of all of the different weight distribution options of a 3 wheeler. (anybody
else have a link?)

Nice website and cool project.
Let me know when the kits are ready to order.

Re: Z Wheelz website

Bruce Weisenberger
Designer of the Trimagnum, Trimmuter, Urba car.
www.rqriley.com
--- David S <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nice looking prototypes you got there.
>
> The one thing I see is that the weight distribution
> seems a little off and
> might have some problems with the rear end sliding
> out during turns. I am
> trying to find a link that I used to have where a
> guy did a pretty write up
> of all of the different weight distribution options
> of a 3 wheeler. (anybody
> else have a link?)
>
> Nice website and cool project.
> Let me know when the kits are ready to order.

Mike Willmon-3
Hey Jim  (Mother),

Ryan Bohm has a Dayton blower he advertises on his site:  http://www.evsource.com/tls_blowers.php

I thought somewhere on his site he had a plenum setup too for the WarP9.  Maybe he'll see this post and set me straight.

There is also a smaller waterproof cooling fan: http://www.evsource.com/tls_cooling.php

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.

> I got a future job coming down the pike and they want
> me to obtain the blower motor and the duct for them.
> This is going to be for the University of
> Missouri-Rolla and it's hard for them to jump through
> all the hoops to get the funds so they want me to
> compile a complete motor / cooling motor package.
>
> On a fun note (maybe not for the AC guys, who might
> consider it outright blasphemy) I've been requested to
> trim an Impulse 9 down so they can stuff it into an
> EV1 if you can believe that! 8^)
> (breath Victor) ;^D LMAO (I know, I'm a pig) 8^)
>
> They'll be running it 144 volts but it has to stay on
> campus and can't leave (so I'm told)(be cool if they
> could race it on track, but didn't sound that way)
> Anyway I'll have to ditch the fan to make it work and
> they'll need a blower to keep it cooled.  The nice
> plus is it's a 10 to 1 ratio which will keep the RPM's
> up into a happier zone while it's campus cruising at
> slower speeds generally.
>
> Anyway I was hoping you all could point me to a well
> built blower motor and what duct works best and again
> where to buy.  I'll be donating the machining for the
> students and I want to set them up right but don't
> want to end up eating anything so to speak.  I'm just
> tickeled I'll have a motor out there pushing an EV1
> around.
>
> Maybe I can get Chip or who EVer to let me put that
> "Who killed the Electric car" shirt logo airbrushed on
> the motor 8^)  Be like, See what they did!  They sent
> us back to the stone age using brushed DC motors 8^o
> Yeah I know I'm a DC motor slut, I'll stick my motor
> into damn near anything 8^) this one will be kinda
> sexy though ;^D  Prettier than Mikes Pinto that's for
> dang sure, LMAO!
>
> BTW I don't think this stuff up (no hate mail), I just
> do what I'm told.  Anyway I thought it was cool and if
> nothing else I get to help put one back into driving
> mode, EVen if it's caged.
>
> Any input would be great, and needed so I can factor
> those costs into this, so I can help set these guys up
> for their project this year.
>
> Cya
> Jim Husted
> Hi-Torque Electric
>
> BTW, I am no Mother Terisa, I actually sold them the
> motor and made a few bucks, my first Netgain sale as a
> matter of fact 8^)  Sponsoring the rest helps ease
> freight costs and keeps their budget allowable.  I
> also look at it as sales and word of mouth futures.
> But mostly cause I'll get to cram my motor into an
> EV1, LMAO!
> Cya

Re: Z Wheelz website

Jeff Shanab
I was looking at the specs of the large one and it says 2500 lbs without
batteries. That seems like a lot.
I consider my 4 wheeled 300zx heavy and it weights 2700 without
batteries and driver.
I think you are selling yourself short on that estimate and will come in
well under that. (unless the body weights 1000)