Yet another fast food chain mocking electric cars

Yet another fast food chain mocking electric cars

This time it is Jacka$$ in the box portraying electric vehicles as slow.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvRT151OWGw Lawrence Rhodes

Re: Yet another fast food chain mocking electric cars

I didn’t see those vehicles as being electric. Maybe they were, but you couldn't tell. They just looked like wimpy little boxes.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone

> On Nov 4, 2018, at 1:03 PM, Lawrence Rhodes via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This time it is Jacka$$ in the box portraying electric vehicles as slow.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvRT151OWGw Lawrence Rhodes

Re: Yet another fast food chain mocking electric cars

I guess you didn't see the two very large EVSE on the side of the road. The association is that electric is slow and weak.  Lawrence Rhodes

I didn’t see those vehicles as being electric. Maybe they were, but you couldn't tell. They just looked like wimpy little boxes.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone

> On Nov 4, 2018, at 1:03 PM, Lawrence Rhodes via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This time it is Jacka$$ in the box portraying electric vehicles as slow.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvRT151OWGw Lawrence Rhodes

Jacknbox ad ... mocking electric cars

Thanks Lawrence for pointing this out.
It took a 2nd viewing for me to see it:
 (@40 seconds into the video link Lawrence posted
https://youtu.be/kvRT151OWGw
)

There are two old-school L2 AeroVironment EVSE-RS 32 amp EV charging
stations
http://store.evsolutions.com/commercial--workplace-ev-charging-stations-c35.aspx

Each EVSE is mounted in special tall mock-up towers that were side-by-side.
Jacknbox chose slow L2 instead of fast L3 EVSE.

Each of the two small (volt-size) vehicles were painted for racing: the
inside one with a racing stripe, & the outside one with a 50's flame paint
job.

There was an ultra slim tightly dressed flag waving race starter in
stilettos.
There wasn't any smoking tires, the vehicles crawled toward her off the
line, making her look a whole lot 'faster' (easy) than the vehicles.

Lawrence posted his disgust on on that youtube page.
But I directly sent Jacknbox my odium/revulsion with them and what they had
done using their contact page:
https://www.jackinthebox.com/contact

I wonder how much of the anti-EV Koch Bros million$ Jacknbox got?

Re: Yet another fast food chain mocking electric cars

No, I didn’t notice that. I guess others missed that, too.

So, you were right.

The silver lining is that most will not even notice it - at least the first few times that they see it.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone

> On Nov 4, 2018, at 11:22 PM, Lawrence Rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I guess you didn't see the two very large EVSE on the side of the road. The association is that electric is slow and weak.  Lawrence Rhodes

Don't forget about subliminal.  This one is blatant.  You after analysis realize it but it reenforces a lie. Million's just chuckle, agree and will not consider an electric.  Maybe don't even know why but if you ask they might say small, slow & unattractive.  Lawrence Rhodes

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 5:32 AM, Mark Abramowitz<[hidden email]> wrote:   No, I didn’t notice that. I guess others missed that, too.
So, you were right.
The silver lining is that most will not even notice it - at least the first few times that they see it.

- Mark
Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone

I guess you didn't see the two very large EVSE on the side of the road. The association is that electric is slow and weak.  Lawrence Rhodes

I didn’t see those vehicles as being electric. Maybe they were, but you couldn't tell. They just looked like wimpy little boxes.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone

> On Nov 4, 2018, at 1:03 PM, Lawrence Rhodes via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This time it is Jacka$$ in the box portraying electric vehicles as slow.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvRT151OWGw Lawrence Rhodes

Re: Yet another fast food chain mocking electric cars

I just sent Jackinthebox corporate my opinion of their out-of-touch ad.
bob

I didn’t see those vehicles as being electric. Maybe they were, but you
couldn't tell. They just looked like wimpy little boxes.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone

> On Nov 4, 2018, at 1:03 PM, Lawrence Rhodes via EV <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> This time it is Jacka$$ in the box portraying electric vehicles as
> slow.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvRT151OWGw Lawrence Rhodes

> scrubbed...

Re: Yet another fast food chain mocking electric cars

I also thumbs downed the video and left a comment on YouTube.
Jay

On 11/5/18 10:05 AM, Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:

> I just sent Jackinthebox corporate my opinion of their out-of-touch ad.
> bob

I did the same.