Yike, it's an electric bike, but still an EV

Yike, it's an electric bike, but still an EV

fred ungewitter
I've forgotten the price on the Yike, but it's rather high for an EV with such limited range. If it were affordable, there might be more value to it.  Not quite related to the Yike, but still an electric vehicle, with 10 mile range and much more affordability is the SBU from Focus Designs. Their product just appeared on Mythbusters but only in passing, not as an endorsement or topic of busting.
Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbzbaMBgmDk

I learned to ride the manual version a couple years ago, so having EV capability opens up more avenues for me, literally. I use my SBU to go to the auto-parts store, hardware store, warehouse club store (for one or two items!) and even to the grocery store. So many trips are less than ten miles, it's foolish to consider even digging out the GizmoEV for those trips.

Oh, yeah, one other thing, it's a blast to ride! Truly an EV Grin every time.

(unsolicited commercial message: if you're considering to purchase one, let me know, I have a fifty dollar discount coupon code for you)

******************************

Original Message: 12
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 20:47:19 -0500
From: gary <[hidden email]>
Subject: [EVDL] I Yike this bike
To: gary <[hidden email]>
Cc: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <[hidden email]>

ooops, I replied on a different topic on the last one so I changed it here.

gary wrote:

> This electric bicycle (no pedals) is amazingly portable.  What a
> brilliant design.
>
> There are a bunch of other videos.  One shows people trying to ride
> it, presumably for the first time, and it looks pretty natural.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X813eTuZJkc
>
> Gary Krysztopik
> ZWheelz, LLC - www.ZWheelz.com
> Alamo City Electric Auto Association - www.aceaa.org
> blog - http://voices.mysanantonio.com/drive_electric_san_antonio/ San
> Antonio, TX
End of Original Message: 12
******************************

Re: Yike, it's an electric bike, but still an EV

EVDL Administrator
Very slick and cute, an intriguing idea - but I wonder what would happen if
that tiny rear wheel were to slip into a sewer grate.

Note: mail sent to "evpost" an "etpost" addresses will not

Re: Yike, it's an electric bike, but still an EV

Paul Wujek-2
The web site says 3,500-3,900 Euros, quite pricey for what it is.;

fred wrote:

> I've forgotten the price on the Yike, but it's rather high for an EV with such limited range. If it were affordable, there might be more value to it.  Not quite related to the Yike, but still an electric vehicle, with 10 mile range and much more affordability is the SBU from Focus Designs. Their product just appeared on Mythbusters but only in passing, not as an endorsement or topic of busting.
> Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbzbaMBgmDk
>
> I learned to ride the manual version a couple years ago, so having EV capability opens up more avenues for me, literally. I use my SBU to go to the auto-parts store, hardware store, warehouse club store (for one or two items!) and even to the grocery store. So many trips are less than ten miles, it's foolish to consider even digging out the GizmoEV for those trips.
>
> Oh, yeah, one other thing, it's a blast to ride! Truly an EV Grin every time.
>
> (unsolicited commercial message: if you're considering to purchase one, let me know, I have a fifty dollar discount coupon code for you)
>
> ******************************
>
> Original Message: 12
> Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 20:47:19 -0500
> From: gary <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [EVDL] I Yike this bike
> To: gary <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <[hidden email]>
>
> ooops, I replied on a different topic on the last one so I changed it here.
>
> gary wrote:
>
>> This electric bicycle (no pedals) is amazingly portable.  What a
>> brilliant design.
>>
>> There are a bunch of other videos.  One shows people trying to ride
>> it, presumably for the first time, and it looks pretty natural.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X813eTuZJkc
>>
>> Gary Krysztopik
>> ZWheelz, LLC - www.ZWheelz.com
>> Alamo City Electric Auto Association - www.aceaa.org