Zummcraft LiMn2O4 battery disassembly.

I took a chance and punctured the paper bottom of my battery pack.  I counted 7 pouches.  I then pried off the BMS top part accidentally piercing a component that let out a sweet smelling vapor...with a hiss...yikes.  Cut the main power lines and removed the electronics. Half the pouches had 4vdc.  The other half next to dead with a few hundreds of a volt.  I then got a piece of wood and put the aluminum casing on it.  Tapped lightly and the weight of the battery pouches allowed all the pouches to come out the bottom. This is an 11ah pack.  Very dense. Do I have a chance of refilling this case or scrap the locking system and just wing it with replacement lithium cells.  Each battery is 28 volts fully charged 25.6 nominal. It is a 2 3/4" by 2 7/8 by 11 inch case.  Any chance I can fit anything useful into this case.  The pouches perfectly fit. I'd love to get a factory replacement but Zuumcraft is not responsive. I need two batteries. A matched pair. So nominal voltage is 51.2volts fully charged  56vdc. The Zuumer is a lean to steer technology.  Front wheel drive.  Lawrence Rhodes

Re: Zummcraft LiMn2O4 battery disassembly.

Of hand, I'd say you screwed the pouch...

Couldn't resist...

Rush Dougherty
Tucson AZ 85719

That sweet smell was electrolyte.

[...]

Didn't pierce any pouches. It was when I pried the series connector board away from the pouches.  Lawrence Rhodes