adding batteries as needed ?

lcalarea47
wandering if would hurt to add batteries as needed to make test try at my hill here piggy backing . i have 10 -12 volt series now and seem to run out going up one hill only 1/4 mile . thinking on trying like 4 more wired parallel to 4 only of series to see if would be enough amps to work . then if/after i conquer my hill here i could calculate more for driving around city . ps im up in edge of forest and i have hill immediately to climb getting out of here and return trip same road is actually more of a climb . i think its possible even if i add 10 more 12 volts it may not even work getting in and out of here .  if i had like trojans perhaps would be allot better but for now i would like to use what i have . but im using deep cycles that wasnt very expensive . acdcev i have video of hill on you tube . youtube.com/lcalarea47 ; amp burner hill acdcev .

Re: adding batteries as needed ?

Cor van de Water
No, this won't work.
Please search the archive because this question
has been answered in the past.

Director HW & Systems Architecture Group
Skype: cor_van_de_water     IM: [hidden email]
Tel: +1 408 383 7626        VoIP: +31 20 3987567 FWD# 25925
wandering if would hurt to add batteries as needed to make test try at my hill here piggy backing . i have 10 -12 volt series now and seem to run out going up one hill only 1/4 mile . thinking on trying like 4 more wired parallel to 4 only of series to see if would be enough amps to work . then if/after i conquer my hill here i could calculate more for driving around city . ps im up in edge of forest and i have hill immediately to climb getting out of here and return trip same road is actually more of a climb .
i think its possible even if i add 10 more 12 volts it may not even work getting in and out of here .  if i had like trojans perhaps would be allot better but for now i would like to use what i have . but im using deep cycles that wasnt very expensive . acdcev i have video of hill on you tube .
youtube.com/lcalarea47 ; amp burner hill acdcev .

-----
acdcev     www.youtube.com/lcalarea47      www.evalbum.com/1740

Re: adding batteries as needed ?

Mike Willmon-3
If you are going to parallel any of them, you have to parallel all of them.

If you only double up 4 of them the other six will give out first.  Your
current will be limited by the lowest battery, which will be one (or all) of
the six without parallel "buddies".

If you only have 4 more batteries, its better to put them in series with the
string and increase your pack voltage.  However if your controller and/or
charger are fixed voltages then this plan is ruled out.

Mike

.

> i think its possible even if i add 10 more 12 volts it may not even work
> getting in and out of here .  if i had like trojans perhaps would be allot
> better but for now i would like to use what i have . but im using deep
> cycles that wasnt very expensive . acdcev i have video of hill on you
> tube .
> youtube.com/lcalarea47 ; amp burner hill acdcev .
>
> -----
> acdcev     www.youtube.com/lcalarea47      www.evalbum.com/1740
> Nabble.com.

Re: adding batteries as needed ?

lcalarea47
thx 4 help .Think im going to have to perhaps go with  2 strings of 8 -12
volt series / paralleled . wander if having 2 strings  paralled will
matter in a NON  isolated kelly system ??   my controller is only 120 volt
kelly .
lonnie

Mike Willmon