article: FAA writing rules for electric aircraft, to allow public to fly them in the next decade

article: FAA writing rules for electric aircraft, to allow public to fly them in the next decade

Paul Wujek-2
http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/27/faa-electirc-aircraft-rules/
--
*Paul Wujek* <[hidden email]>

Re: article: FAA writing rules for electric aircraft, to allow public to fly them in the next decade

Thos True
As most people know, I am one those glass is full kind of guys, meaning
that I see this as a positive step. I have seen processes like this take
decades. I have also seen them fast tracked to less than 2 years. With CAFE
behind this and the cost factor of av gas versus batteries, I can see the
process going faster rather than slower.
Just my 2 watts worth.

-Tom

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Paul Wujek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/27/faa-electirc-aircraft-rules/
> --
> *Paul Wujek* <[hidden email]>

Remember, it is not that the glass is half empty, in reality, the glass is
merely twice the size that it needs to be! -TNT'82

Re: article: FAA writing rules for electric aircraft, to allow public to fly them in the next decade

mark at evie-systems
<humor>
I'm more of a "glass is twice as big as it needs to be" kinda guy...
</humor>

~mark

On 4/28/2012 10:26 AM, Thos True wrote:

> As most people know, I am one those glass is full kind of guys, meaning
> that I see this as a positive step. I have seen processes like this take
> decades. I have also seen them fast tracked to less than 2 years. With CAFE
> behind this and the cost factor of av gas versus batteries, I can see the
> process going faster rather than slower.
> Just my 2 watts worth.
>
> -Tom

mark@evie-systems.com
"Delay is preferable to error", Thomas Jefferson.

Re: article: FAA writing rules for electric aircraft, to allow public to fly them in the next decade

Peri Hartman
And I'm more of a "darn, I didn't realize I needed a glass twice a big" kind
of guy.  Don't all projects turn out that way?