building site/farm tractor; cheap conversion?

building site/farm tractor; cheap conversion?

johnogbirk
We have a couple of older diesel tractors, that we like to convert.
An idea came up: Directly to the tractor power take out, PTO, you could put your electric motor.
Put your tractor gearbox in neutral, and there you go; EV tractor/hybrid.
Electric motor could be AC/DC, battery or grid.
Note that this will only work on a stationary machine; for driving it you need to use the diesel motor.

If your tractors hydraulic power, incl powersteering, is driven from your dieselengine, this will have to be changed.

Could/can this be a quick and cheap solution for these machines?

Regards, John in Denmark

Re: building site/farm tractor; cheap conversion?

Ruckus
I would need to use the pto for garden tilling, brush-hogging, raking hay,
etc..

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 5:27 AM, johnogbirk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have a couple of older diesel tractors, that we like to convert.
> An idea came up: Directly to the tractor power take out, PTO, you could put
> your electric motor.
> Put your tractor gearbox in neutral, and there you go; EV tractor/hybrid.
> Electric motor could be AC/DC, battery or grid.
> Note that this will only work on a stationary machine; for driving it you
> need to use the diesel motor.
>
> If your tractors hydraulic power, incl powersteering, is driven from your
> dieselengine, this will have to be changed.
>
> Could/can this be a quick and cheap solution for these machines?
>
> Regards, John in Denmark

Marcus Reddish