computing cars

Electric Blue auto convertions
After reading the last pages of "Zoom Zoom". I point was made and forged in Gold, "dose your car need more software than the Lunar lander" HELL NO !!! the moronic pecker heads at car componies do this because they can !!! simple as that, even the new EVs are so complex its a wonder they even move .Thank God the newest car I own is a 76 Nova.
Now think of this, If a LARGE Solar mass ejection hits this planet, every damn computer car on the planet will be DEAD, every computer will be DEAD, the electrical grid will be DEAD, get out your walking shoes Its a long way to Tipperary. How do I know this, I have been a student of Astronomy for about 50 years. And theres no argument aginst this, its already happened .. So the new Cadillac EV, tha'ts nothing more than a very expensive Volt , that cost 80,000$ sits in the drive way as a planter now

" In space , no one can hear you scream"

Re: computing cars

EVDL Administrator
On 16 Jan 2014 at 9:49, Electric Blue auto convertions wrote:

> does your car need more software than the Lunar lander[?]

As ubiquitous as computers are now - lots of folks carry them round in their
pockets - cars might have become computerized eventually anyway.  However,
cars first started adding computers 40 years ago in an effort to make a
fundamentally dirty process - internal combustion - cleaner.

Imagine where we'd be now if, instead of hanging on engine computers and
catalytic converters, they'd just dumped the ICE and gone electric.  With 40
years of development, simpler EVs would cost less than ICEVs do now.  They'd
have 300+ mile batteries, and 5-minute charging would be available on almost
every corner.  Sigh.

David Roden
EVDL Administrator
http://www.evdl.org/

Re: computing cars

Martin WINLOW
When was that, then?  Must have missed it.  MW

On 16 Jan 2014, at 14:49, Electric Blue auto convertions wrote:

>  its already happened

Re: computing cars

Cor van de Water
I guess that was in the time when telegraph was high-tech.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Email: [hidden email] Private: http://www.cvandewater.info
Skype: cor_van_de_water Tel: +1 408 383 7626

When was that, then?  Must have missed it.  MW

On 16 Jan 2014, at 14:49, Electric Blue auto convertions wrote:

>  its already happened

Re: computing cars

Ruckus
I love old rigs, but they are terrible unsafe.  An electrified nova does
not a Tesla make.  It's curtains for this dummy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Cor van de Water <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I guess that was in the time when telegraph was high-tech.
>
> Cor van de Water
> Chief Scientist
> Email: [hidden email] Private: http://www.cvandewater.info
> Skype: cor_van_de_water Tel: +1 408 383 7626

Marcus Reddish