curtis controller problem

CHARLIEP
I am trying to finish my motorcycle conversion. 36v, 6each trojan 145s  2 each 3hp dc motors,curtis pmc
controller. When i close the contactor the motor turns strong [no pot box attached yet.]attaching pot box
doesn't make any difference ,I have no wiring instructions,The large connectors  are in the one corner side by side .the pot connectors  are on other side, many small female connectors down the middle ,pump connectors in rear.Help help .help

Re: curtis controller problem

James Massey
At 02:04 PM 25/05/09, you wrote:

>I am trying to finish my motorcycle conversion. 36v, 6each trojan 145s  2
>each 3hp dc motors,curtis pmc
>controller. When i close the contactor the motor turns strong [no pot box
>attached yet.]attaching pot box
>doesn't make any difference ,I have no wiring instructions,The large
>connectors  are in the one corner side by side .the pot connectors  are on
>other side, many small female connectors down the middle ,pump connectors in
>rear.Help help .help

G'day Charlie

What model Curtis?

The 'large terminal' comment sounds like a 1210, but not the rest. Many of
the Curtis manuals are available free download from the Curtis web site
http://curtisinst.com/ follow the drop down menu from 'Products - motor
controllers [then wether it is a permag, series etc].

If your controller isn't there it may be an old model.

Hope this helps

Regards

[Technik] James