dink Cadillac EV | (the autons are coming> DoorDash Bolts)

dink Cadillac EV | (the autons are coming> DoorDash Bolts)

% GM inve$tor pr announced a Cadillac EV. IMO, we need to wait-n-see. GM has
a very-long bad-track-record (EV1) of either producing pih that they call
EVs (Volt, ELR, +), which don't fit consumer needs (that dealers don't sell
correctly) or GM is long on words and short on truth (like a
girlfriend/lover that talks a mean game, but is devoid of
honesty/has-no-honor). Suggest EVangels stay aware of GM's progress on this
so-called radical GM EV commitment but, wait for what the public really does
or doesn't get.  %

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/11/18178444/cadillac-general-motors-gm-electric-vehicle-ev
Cadillac will lead General Motors’ push into an electric future
Jan 11, 2019 ... GM’s all-new battery electric vehicle architecture, which
will underpin a “family of profitable EVs,” the automaker said in press
release ...
https://media.gm.com/content/dam/Media/gmcom/investor/2019/jan/Press-Release-1-11-19.pdf

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/cruise-doordash-self-driving-deliveries-2019/
Cruise and DoorDash are teaming up in San Francisco in 2019
January 3, 2019 ... get their locally sourced, lovingly made organic
farm-to-table food delivered by a cold, unfeeling robot ... GM-backed
self-driving car startup Cruise announced on Thursday that it's partnering
with the delivery app DoorDash to start offering autonomous deliveries as a
test program beginning this year ...
https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/bZ2-WyyNZ9zy3k-kEMLxa6EoUjM=/2018/03/21/25e9b5b3-38c4-469c-a926-a2dc552e7bee/cruise-ogi.jpg

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/cadillac-general-motors-electric-car-brand/
Cadillac will become GM's lead electric-car brand
January 11, 2019 ... flexible EV architecture will be able to be configured
for front-, rear- or all-wheel-drive configurations, while its battery
capacity will be "adjustable" for different applications ... Cruise will
also launch self-driving fleet in the US this year ... Cruise has intended
to launch a fleet of self-driving shuttles that are based on the Chevrolet
Bolt EV ... (defunct cadillac ct6 pih trunk)
https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/7xHa67Ox-KG7nls8kYU7DI0HUgU=/1600x900/2018/03/04/ed0aa735-a9b3-4721-9dc3-799a9bbd268c/2018-cadillac-ct6-phev-42.jpg

https://insideevs.com/cadillac-electric-car-compete-with-tesla/
Cadillac To Launch Electric Car To Compete With Tesla
2019-01-11 ... The flexible platform will provide a broad array of body
styles and will be offered in front-wheel, rearwheel and all-wheel
configurations. Its most critical components — including the battery cells —
are being designed for maximum usability across all programs ...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-gm-electric-exclusive/exclusive-gms-cadillac-will-introduce-ev-in-fight-against-tesla-sources-idUSKCN1P502G
 ... investor update that a Cadillac will be the first vehicle based on its
forthcoming “BEV3” platform ...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a25857340/cadillac-ev-gm-architecture/
Cadillac Is Launching an EV and Will Lead GM's Electrification Push
Jan 11, 2019 ... short-lived ELR [pih] and the now defunct CT6 plug-in
hybrid ... GM's luxury brand will go all in with a new fully electric
vehicle riding on a new battery-electric vehicle architecture that will
eventually be used for other GM models ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/after-laying-15-000-workers-gm-has-message-wall-street-n957601
After laying off 15000 workers, GM has a message for Wall Street ...
NBCNews.com-42 minutes ago
GM also is preparing to make a big push into autonomous and electrified
vehicles. Barra said Friday that an all-new family of battery-electric
vehicles will begin ...
Cadillac Is Planning an EV – Will Become GM's Leading Electric Brand
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a25857340/cadillac-ev-gm-architecture/
https://www.google.com/search?q=cadillac+ev
 (found)  Legacy Discontinued Vehicles | Cadillac
https://www.cadillac.com/legacy-vehicles
The ELR Coupe (discontinued in 2016) ...
The Cadillac ELR Was a Truly Terrible Value - Autotrader
https://www.autotrader.com/car-video/cadillac-elr-was-truly-terrible-value-267022
The Cadillac ELR was a handsome plug-in hybrid with a nice interior and some
great features. It was also wildly overpriced ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=cadillac+"ev"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dink
Dink ... To fool around  Doing something with no purpose ...
A very small, disappointing poop. Often times, you think it will be bigger,
but you realize it is tiny ...
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shrinky%20Dink
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Cadillac
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Russians_Are_Coming,_the_Russians_Are_Coming

(a twit's EVpoll): ?Watt-me-buy a GM e-caddy? : dink Cadillac EV ...

Would you buy an electric car from Cadillac? Take our Twitter poll
Jan 15, 2019  General Motors' announcement last week that Cadillac will
become its lead brand for electric cars is a radical change ...
https://twitter.com/GreenCarReports/status/1084787753362092032
Would you buy an electric car from Cadillac?
24% Absolutely
18% Only if it's cheap
37% Not over a Tesla
21% Never
 304 votes•4 days left  14 Jan 2019

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/dink-Cadillac-EV-the-autons-are-coming-DoorDash-Bolts-tp4692513.html

Re: dink Cadillac EV | (the autons are coming> DoorDash Bolts)

*Everything* I’ve heard from them the last several years leads me to think that they are serious about electric drive trains.

Maybe we’ll get a new and improved EV1 one day!

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone

> [...]
> https://www.autotrader.com/car-video/cadillac-elr-was-truly-terrible-value-267022
> The Cadillac ELR was a handsome plug-in hybrid with a nice interior and some
> great features. It was also wildly overpriced ...
> https://www.google.com/search?q=cadillac+"ev"
>

> https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dink
> Dink ... To fool around  Doing something with no purpose ...
> A very small, disappointing poop. Often times, you think it will be bigger,
> but you realize it is tiny ...
> https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shrinky%20Dink
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Cadillac
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Russians_Are_Coming,_the_Russians_Are_Coming
>

> For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
> http://evdl.org/archive/
>

> {brucedp.neocities.org}

Re: dink Cadillac EV | (the autons are coming> DoorDash Bolts)

Try the Bolt.  It’s impressive!!

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 7:09 PM Mark Abramowitz via EV <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> some
> > great features. It was also wildly overpriced ...
> > https://www.google.com/search?q=cadillac+"ev"
> >

> > https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dink
> > Dink ... To fool around  Doing something with no purpose ...
> > A very small, disappointing poop. Often times, you think it will be
> bigger,
> > but you realize it is tiny ...
> > https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shrinky%20Dink
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Cadillac
> >
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Russians_Are_Coming,_the_Russians_Are_Coming
> >

> > For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
> > http://evdl.org/archive/
> >

> > {brucedp.neocities.org}
> >
> > --
> > Sent from: http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/

Re: dink Cadillac EV | (the autons are coming> DoorDash Bolts)

That’s what everybody tells me.

I’ve been in one, as a passenger only. I found it comfortable, especially for a small car. If it ends end being a huge market success for GM, it’s game over.

> [...]

>>> vehicles will begin ...
>>> Cadillac Is Planning an EV – Will Become GM's Leading Electric Brand
>>> https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a25857340/cadillac-ev-gm-architecture/
>>> https://www.google.com/search?q=cadillac+ev
>>> (found)  Legacy Discontinued Vehicles | Cadillac
>>> https://www.cadillac.com/legacy-vehicles
>>> The ELR Coupe (discontinued in 2016) ...
>>> The Cadillac ELR Was a Truly Terrible Value - Autotrader
>>>
>> https://www.autotrader.com/car-video/cadillac-elr-was-truly-terrible-value-267022
>>> The Cadillac ELR was a handsome plug-in hybrid with a nice interior and
>> some
>>> great features. It was also wildly overpriced ...
>>> https://www.google.com/search?q=cadillac+"ev"
>>>

>>> https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dink
>>> Dink ... To fool around  Doing something with no purpose ...
>>> A very small, disappointing poop. Often times, you think it will be

e-caddy 2Save The GM Brand(?): dink Cadillac EV

Cadillac's Pivot To EVs Might Be Last Ditch Effort To Save The Brand
2019-01-16  Just two days later, Cadillac president Steve Carlisle surprised
the automotive press with a teaser of the first vehicle on the new BEV 3
platform. This new electric ..
https://youtu.be/U0_iJKyU_mM

https://insideevs.com/cadillac-electric-vehicles-effort-to-save-brand/
Cadillac’s Pivot To EVs Might Be Last Ditch Effort To Save The Brand
2019-01-16  WADE MALONE

[image
https://d2t6ms4cjod3h9.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/cadillac-ev-crossover.jpg

video
https://youtu.be/U0_iJKyU_mM
Cadillac First Electric Vehicle Announcement
]

The luxury electric vehicle will be sold globally and priced for wide
reaching sales.

Late last week, Cadillac was appointed the technological leader for General
Motors.  Just two days later, Cadillac president Steve Carlisle surprised
the automotive press with a teaser of the first vehicle on the new BEV 3
platform. This new electric vehicle platform will be “highly versatile” with
options for “front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, all-wheel drive.”

“We can build CUVs, SUVs, and cars from one singular architecture.” Says
Carlisle, “Cadillac will lead the corporation towards a zero emissions
future by becoming GM’s lead electric brand.” This was not our first
indication that Cadillac’s newly appointed president was interested in “new
propulsion systems.”

Cadillac Canada’s managing director Hoss Hassani says the brand is looking
for volume sales for the new EV. This means a more “affordable” luxury
price:

    Bringing out a $110,000 or $120,000 (CAN) vehicle is not our idea of
transformation. Cadillac, being a luxury brand, will be looking to introduce
Cadillacs that are vehicles that are going to have a certain level of reach,
and the heart of the market is not a $110,000 or $120,000 car.

For those of us south of the Canadian border, the new electric SUV should
start well under $82,000 USD. But this move is not merely a growth
opportunity. It is as a survival tactic.
Cadillac needed a stronger brand identity.

Weak yearly sales in the United States have hovered around 150,000 in recent
years. Cadillac missed out on the crossover craze and never embraced
hybrids. Previous plug-in hybrids like the ELR and CT6 PHEV were sales duds.
Earlier attempts to re-invent itself have found little success.

But growth in the Chinese market has been the brand’s sole bright spot this
decade. Because of China’s focus on increasing electric vehicle sales, the
move makes sense. If done right, the Detroit automaker can build a strong
reputation among plug-in buyers at home and abroad. Within GM, it likely
serves a practical purpose of moving the EV program towards profitability
more quickly in addition to meeting Chinese compliance goals.

GM CEO Mary Barra hinted this week that the luxury brand is on the right
track:

    One of the things that’s going to make Cadillac, Cadillac again is
leading in innovation and technology. We’re very intent on continuing
aggressively to accomplish that … This is just the tip of the iceberg.

However, GM President Mark Reuss isn’t sugar coating the situation:

    We don’t have any chances left with taking Cadillac to a really new
place. This is pretty much it. So we really have to hit the ball here. It’s
my job to make sure we do.

    …

    All I’m focused on is what we’re doing right now… and getting momentum
back in Cadillac.

Video Description From The Wheel Network on YouTube:

    Cadillac furthered its recent product blitz today with the reveal of the
brand’s first EV. This will be the first model derived from GM’s future EV
platform. GM announced on Friday that Cadillac will be at the vanguard of
the company’s move toward an all-electric future.

Categories: Cadillac, General
Tags: Cadillac CT6 phv, Cadillac ELR, chevy bolt, electric crossover,
electric suv, Tesla Model X
[© insideevs.com]