elcon charger ac connection question

Ben Jarrett

Hey guys,

When I hook up my Elcon charge to 220V, I use the 2 hots and neutral, correct?
The ground from the household outlet will not be used.  Sound good?

thanks,
-ben

Re: elcon charger ac connection question

brucedp5
2 hots and a ground.

{brucedp.150m.com}

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012, at 01:25 PM, Ben Jarrett wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> When I hook up my Elcon charge to 220V, I use the 2 hots and neutral,
> correct?
> The ground from the household outlet will not be used.  Sound good?
>
> thanks,
> -ben

http://www.fastmail.fm - Does exactly what it says on the tin

Re: elcon charger ac connection question

Mark Grasser
Always use ground. Neutral is not considered ground.

Sincerely,
Mark Grasser

Hey guys,

When I hook up my Elcon charge to 220V, I use the 2 hots and neutral,
correct?
The ground from the household outlet will not be used.  Sound good?

thanks,
-ben

Re: elcon charger ac connection question

corbin dunn
What kind of household outlet are you using? Ideally, the charger should have 4 wires coming out of it:
2 hots
1 neutral (this is used for running 120v accessories -- most chargers don't use this)
1 ground

As others said, if it has 3 wires coming out of the charger, then it is 2 hots and a ground. But, if you have 4 wires coming out, you need to wire all 4. I'm not sure what the elcon does.

corbin

Am Jun 6, 2012 um 11:25 AM schrieb Ben Jarrett <[hidden email]>:

> Hey guys,
>
> When I hook up my Elcon charge to 220V, I use the 2 hots and neutral, correct?
> The ground from the household outlet will not be used.  Sound good?
>
> thanks,
> -ben

Re: elcon charger ac connection question

Mike Willmon
Yep, 2 hots and ground.