good Electric vehicle parts dealers

Tim Gamber

I was just wondering about peoples experiences with companies like (EV Parts, Electric Vehicles USA, and Canadian Electric Vehicles). I am going to be starting construction on an electric motorcycle soon and would like to purchase the parts i need from canadian electric vehicles if possible since i wouldn't have to worry about duty and other things like that because the usa/canada border. Since it is going to be a motocycle i am not sure if canadian electric vehicles will have the right parts that i need. Opinions will be greatly apreciated...Tim

Re: good Electric vehicle parts dealers

FRED JEANETTE MERTENS
don't forget metric mind . victor knows his ev's and give quality
  I was just wondering about peoples experiences with companies like (EV Parts, Electric Vehicles USA, and Canadian Electric Vehicles). I am going to be starting construction on an electric motorcycle soon and would like to purchase the parts i need from canadian electric vehicles if possible since i wouldn't have to worry about duty and other things like that because the usa/canada border. Since it is going to be a motocycle i am not sure if canadian electric vehicles will have the right parts that i need. Opinions will be greatly apreciated...Tim

Re: good Electric vehicle parts dealers

R. Matt Milliron
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:32:01 -0600, you wrote:

>I was just wondering about peoples experiences with companies like (EV Parts, Electric Vehicles USA, and Canadian Electric Vehicles). I am going to be starting construction on an electric motorcycle soon and would like to purchase the parts i need from canadian electric vehicles if possible since i wouldn't have to worry about duty and other things like that because the usa/canada border. Since it is going to be a motocycle i am not sure if canadian electric vehicles will have the right parts that i need. Opinions will be greatly apreciated...Tim

  I have done most of my buying from EV-Parts.  No problems here.

  R. M. Milliron

1981 Jet Electrica
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/702

  This machine has been garaged for 17 years.
I am upgrading it and getting it running. Tabitha,
my daughter, named it, "Pikachu". It's yellow and black,
electric and contains Japanese parts, so I went with it.

Re: good Electric vehicle parts dealers

Bob Martin-4
Hey Tim, I've had good luck with  EV Parts and Thunderstruck Motors is my
main source for parts. I'm building another electric motorcycle and just
ordered a D&D sepex motor, curtis controller, 0-5K twist grip and a Drain
Brain From Thunderstruck. I will be ordering a Zivan charger from them next.
The Thunderstruck people are very helpful and knowledgeable. Check out the
websites! Kick Amps, Bob
> I was just wondering about peoples experiences with companies like (EV
> Parts, Electric Vehicles USA, and Canadian Electric Vehicles). I am going
> to be starting construction on an electric motorcycle soon and would like
> to purchase the parts i need from canadian electric vehicles if possible
> since i wouldn't have to worry about duty and other things like that
> because the usa/canada border. Since it is going to be a motocycle i am
> not sure if canadian electric vehicles will have the right parts that i
> need. Opinions will be greatly apreciated...Tim

Re: good Electric vehicle parts dealers

Jean-Claude Touzin

   From: Tim Gamber<mailto:[hidden email]> :

   I was just wondering about peoples experiences with companies like
(EV Parts, Electric Vehicles USA, and Canadian Electric Vehicles). I am
going to be starting construction on an electric motorcycle soon and
would like to purchase the parts i need from canadian electric vehicles
if possible since i wouldn't have to worry about duty and other things
like that because the usa/canada border. Since it is going to be a
motocycle i am not sure if canadian electric vehicles will have the
right parts that i need. Opinions will be greatly apreciated...Tim
   _________________________________

  Hi Tim,
I have been buying from canadian electric vehicles in the past
(Controller, Charger, ETEK motor...)
Very responsive and helpfull. Excellent service. Good price.
(I have no relation to CanEV except that I am a sastified customer).
I have no hesitation to recommand this EV Dealer.
Good luck with your E-project.
Jean-Claude Touzin Qc, Canada.

Re: good Electric vehicle parts dealers

Roderick Wilde
I would highly recommend dealing with Canadian Electric Vehicles. I have
been dealing with Randy Holmquist for many years. He is extremely honest and
businesslike. He is also a great guy to know.

Roderick

Roderick Wilde,  President,  EV Parts Inc.
         Your Online EV Superstore
               www.evparts.com
                1-360-385-7082
Phone: 360-582-1270  Fax: 360-582-1272
        PO Box 834, Carlsborg, WA 98324
108-B Business Park Loop, Sequim, WA 98382

> I was just wondering about peoples experiences with companies like (EV
> Parts, Electric Vehicles USA, and Canadian Electric Vehicles). I am going
> to be starting construction on an electric motorcycle soon and would like
> to purchase the parts i need from canadian electric vehicles if possible
> since i wouldn't have to worry about duty and other things like that
> because the usa/canada border. Since it is going to be a motocycle i am
> not sure if canadian electric vehicles will have the right parts that i
> need. Opinions will be greatly apreciated...Tim
> 9:48 AM

Re: good Electric vehicle parts dealers

Garret Maki
I would have to disagree with the Thunderstruck Motors recommendation.
I have built 3 electric motorcycles.  I used them for some parts on the
last one and it was a *Terrible* experience.  I paid for a controller
and programming services for it.  It came programmed non-functional, I
sent it back, the programmed it so it went forward, but regen didn't
work.  They sent me the programmer, I turned on regen.  They charged me
for programmer rental when they weren't supposed to and I never got that
money back.  Took 3 months till I had a working controller.
Also, the Dc-Dc converter I got from them died after a month.

Basically they don't stand behind their word or their products.
Also, don't by the drain brain from them, they just mark it up and don't
support it.  Get it from the source.  Justin is great at www.ebikes.ca

I have had great results from KTA services.
Garret

> I was just wondering about peoples experiences with companies like (EV

> Parts, Electric Vehicles USA, and Canadian Electric Vehicles). I am
going
> to be starting construction on an electric motorcycle soon and would
like
> to purchase the parts i need from canadian electric vehicles if
possible
> since i wouldn't have to worry about duty and other things like that
> because the usa/canada border. Since it is going to be a motocycle i
am
> not sure if canadian electric vehicles will have the right parts that
> need. Opinions will be greatly apreciated...Tim

Re: good Electric vehicle parts dealers

Faile
I will agree with that statement.  I have dealt with Randy and I have
recommended him and his company to all of my friends.  He was willing to
make an adapter for my Dakota pickup without me having to send him the
complete transmission.  The great thing about the adapter was that it worked
the first time that I installed it without any problems.  Randy has always
been kind enough to answer all of the questions that I have asked of him and
there have been many.

Thanks, Freddie

http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/899
http://www.southernev.com/dakotaev.htm