hanging it up

Electric Blue auto convertions
After converting cars/ trucks since 1974, My wife and me have decided to hang it all up in 2 years. 4 more conversions and the house will be paid off and there's  nothing to keep me in Kansas any more, I miss Florida and am looking for a home there right now.  Its been a real hoot, had lots of fun, but my age,  health is against me. We both want more time to drown shrimp

Re: hanging it up

Ruckus
Nice Try!

You won't make it 6 months before you have a 'relapse' and get your hands
in an EV!

I do hope you will continue to come one here and give us a piece of your
mind.  Really appreciate the perspective.

Best wishes in your endeavors,

Marcus

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Electric Blue auto convertions <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> After converting cars/ trucks since 1974, My wife and me have decided to
> hang it all up in 2 years. 4 more conversions and the house will be paid
> off and there's  nothing to keep me in Kansas any more, I miss Florida and
> am looking for a home there right now.  Its been a real hoot, had lots of
> fun, but my age,  health is against me. We both want more time to drown
> shrimp

Marcus Reddish

Re: hanging it up

Peri Hartman
Maybe you can join Jerry and his Freedom EV project.  He's somewhere in
Forida...
Peri

[hidden email]> wrote:

> After converting cars/ trucks since 1974, My wife and me have decided to
> hang it all up in 2 years. 4 more conversions and the house will be paid
> off and there's  nothing to keep me in Kansas any more, I miss Florida and
> am looking for a home there right now.  Its been a real hoot, had lots of
> fun, but my age,  health is against me. We both want more time to drown
> shrimp

Marcus Reddish

Re: hanging it up

Christopher Meier
After 40+ years of 'Service', someone should make you a going-away cake
when you do retire.
I've never been a customer (yet), but thanks for inspiration (been
reading this EVDL for what seems like decades).

-Chris

-Ariens Amp24 24" Snowblower, 48V http://evalbum.com/4821
-Electrak E16, 48V
-Greenworks 25222 20" mower, 24V (end of season $220!)
(and a B&D CMM600 12V before that -
http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mhonarc/elec-trak/msg01158.html; lasted ~13
years; electronics are still good )
-Homebuilt LHBB-variant (at this moment individually charge balancing
the twin 48V packs for the Amp24.

-Anyone remember the 1970's MN Freeway ?  Had a ride in one as a
teenager, planted the bug. Can't find anything on the internet about it,
was a fiberglass body on a VW Bug chassis, 4 seater, 4 wheels. Probably
the precursor to the HM-Vehicles Freeway-II, built in Burnsville MN. The
one I test rode was built in Osseo, MN. My dad probably still has a
brochure from it...

On 1/21/2014 5:48 PM, Electric Blue auto convertions wrote:
> After converting cars/ trucks since 1974, My wife and me have decided to hang it all up in 2 years. 4 more conversions and the house will be paid off and there's  nothing to keep me in Kansas any more, I miss Florida and am looking for a home there right now.  Its been a real hoot, had lots of fun, but my age,  health is against me. We both want more time to drown shrimp

Re: hanging it up

Christopher Meier
Bill S - I poked around on EB website. I see you use the Prop... I used
it in my LHBB-variant. Contact me off-list at mnmeier at comcast dot net
if you want to share experiences.

-Chris

MNMeier wrote:
> [about Wayne Alexander's retirement] After 40+ years of 'Service',
> someone should make you a going-away cake when you do retire.
> I've never been a customer (yet), but thanks for  inspiration
> (been reading this EVDL for what seems like decades).

I agree. Wayne has built more EVs than just about anyone on this list
(except Bob Rice). :-) We ought to find something we can do for a present.

> -Anyone remember the 1970's MN Freeway? Had a ride in one as a
> teenager, planted the bug. Can't find anything on the internet about it,
> was a fiberglass body on a VW Bug chassis, 4 seater, 4 wheels. Probably
> the precursor to the HM-Vehicles Freeway-II, built in Burnsville MN. The
> one I test rode was built in Osseo, MN. My dad probably still has a
> brochure from it...

Definitely! Tim Medeck has one of their 3-wheelers (an EV). HM stood for
High Mileage Vehicle Company. They had a good idea, but didn't have any
production expertise. After building a hundred or so, they realized they
were losing money on every sale! So they called it quits...

--
Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily
available, they will create their own problems. -- Scott Adams