Quantcast

hoaxes (amectran exar-1 clip)

mos6507-2
Speaking of getting duped.  100 miles on a charge (on lead acid) and in production in 15 months (circa 1990 or so):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQHex6ox2ks

Re: hoaxes (amectran exar-1 clip)

Edmond X. Ramirez, Sr
     Obviously it seems that truth is irrelevant on this website and the fact that the highest authority for automotive transportation in the country, the Secretary of Transportation recommended the Amectran EXAR-1 to the Senate of the United States after tests ordered by the U.S. Federal Court (and the fact that the court did everything it could to make the EXAR-1 fail its tests, it seems this article facts of little importance; see document on the amectran.com “Another Frame-up fails…” and read the Memorandum from the DOT  indicating  how unfair the court was in insisting on testing the wrong car and without preparation…I assume it is needless to point out the car did pass its tests or I would have gone to prison …tests conducted under the supervision of the Department of Transportation which verified the EXAR-1 performance) – however it seems this site would rather report a lie in the form of their use of the Tag Line “Duped” than the facts.
     Thousands of persons saw and road in the EXAR-1 and on every occasion the EXAR-1 was tested (as part of repeated charges that it did not work, the car was tested, worked and proved in court) – there is little doubt the EXAR-1 did as purported, or it would have never gotten past investigations by the DOT, DOC, DOA, and a number of Federal Court Trials demanding it be tested…however the axiom “Man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still” will no doubt apply to the writer of  “Nabble - Electric Vehicle Discussion List - hoaxes (amectran exar ...
hoaxes (amectran exar-1 clip). Speaking of getting duped. 100 miles on a charge (on lead acid) and in production in 15 months (circa 1990 or....” where the author knows not of what he writes…and merely makes baseless comments…I would assume that he is aware that pictures travel through the air…its called television…believe it or not.

mos6507-2 wrote
Speaking of getting duped.  100 miles on a charge (on lead acid) and in production in 15 months (circa 1990 or so):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQHex6ox2ks

News reporters are not rocket scientists, far from it.  They've been
duped over and over by impossible claims.

Tilley EV got picked up by the news a few times, YouTube carries a Fox
News story on the Aquygen (HHO) guy who did a few real-world
hydrogen-oxygen welding tricks and then said he could run a car on
water.  And let's not forget Steorn had a big ad in The Economist to buy
themselves some apparent legitimacy.

Re: hoaxes (amectran exar-1 clip)

Jeffrey Jenkins
I hate scams and hoaxes as much as the next guy but getting 100 miles of range with lead-acid batteries strikes me as impressive, even amazing, but not as "unbelievable". If the car is driven at around-town speeds (up to, say, 45mph), has a high-efficiency drivetrain and low frontal area then the energy requirement could easily be low enough for a lead-acid pack to be practical (if not exactly ideal). Granted, you still need a lot of lead, but not an impossibly large amount.

Can you drive at 55mph+ and get 100mi per charge? Probably not. We have a vintage Beetle with a 120V/105Ah pack and get 25 miles of range with our 1000A controller - if we didn't drive at 70-80mph, crack transaxles and smoke clutches all the time we could easily get twice that range (indeed, when the VW had a "500A" Kelly installed it routinely went 40 miles on a charge, so the Kelly's are good for /something/).

mos6507-2 wrote
Speaking of getting duped.  100 miles on a charge (on lead acid) and in production in 15 months (circa 1990 or so):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQHex6ox2ks

Re: hoaxes (amectran exar-1 clip)

Lee Hart
Jeffrey Jenkins wrote:
> I hate scams and hoaxes as much as the next guy, but getting 100 miles of
> range with lead-acid batteries strikes me as impressive, even amazing, but
> not as "unbelievable".
I agree. There have been quite a few EVs with lead-acid batteries that
have topped 100 mile range. Bob McKee's Sundancer cars, the GM EV1, the
Solectria Sunrise, Dick Finley's Red Beastie pickup, and a number of
entries in the Tour del Sol have done it.

I expect that our Sunrise EV2 will be able to do it as well. We're
getting pretty close to driving our test mule, so soon we'll know!

--
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget the perfect offering

Re: hoaxes (amectran exar-1 clip)

R. C. Carroll
I have good knowledge of the EXAR-1 and the some of the behind-the-scenes negotiation that occured.

The car was a Frua built body, requested as one of six coachbuilders as a design for the BMW M-1.  The Frua design was not chosen, but Ramirez purchased the body and converted it to electric.

I was fortunate enough to sit in the prototype as it sat in the lobby of Amectran on a rotating platform.  Amectran had two mules that were not at all pretty that they claimed to do some testing on.

An extremely close friend of mine was close associate of Ramirez, but left Amectran early.  The car still exists, and is currently being restored.

Demonstrations and tests showed good handling and function, but the range claims were always beyond belief.  If anyone wants more information, contact me at rcc (at) pioneerconversions.com

Rich Carroll

Re: hoaxes (amectran exar-1 clip)

Edmond X. Ramirez, Sr

While we all hate scams, it would be better if you used facts rather than opinion to make accuseatory statements, as I have quoted before, "Every man is entitled to his own opinion, but no man in entitled to have the facts wrong upon which that opinion is based" I suggust you look at the amectran.com web site where you will find that the highest authority for automobiles in the country the U.S. Secretary of Transportion recommended the EXAR-1 to the U.S. Senate after successful testing of the car reaching its purported 100 mile operation...guess work of this kind...baseless facts like this were used to destroy the EXAR-1...the NIH (not invented here)factor...however the Peoples Republic of China signed a $180 million dollar contract with Amectran...but 25 days before Amectran could deliver the prototype to China, our U.S. Government confiscated the EXAR-1...when returned, there was no electric motor, no electronics, no computer...in fact, the EXAR-1 was a destroyed mess...you might ask yourself, "Why was there such a 20 year effort to stop the EXAR-1 from production after its first successful test under Federal Court supervision, when I was accused of being a con man because no electric automobile could what I calimed" the EXAR-1 passed all it government supervised and conducted tests...and that is a fact.

Lee Hart wrote
Jeffrey Jenkins wrote:
> I hate scams and hoaxes as much as the next guy, but getting 100 miles of
> range with lead-acid batteries strikes me as impressive, even amazing, but
> not as "unbelievable".
I agree. There have been quite a few EVs with lead-acid batteries that
have topped 100 mile range. Bob McKee's Sundancer cars, the GM EV1, the
Solectria Sunrise, Dick Finley's Red Beastie pickup, and a number of
entries in the Tour del Sol have done it.

I expect that our Sunrise EV2 will be able to do it as well. We're
getting pretty close to driving our test mule, so soon we'll know!

--
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget the perfect offering
There is a crack in everything

Re: hoaxes (amectran exar-1 clip)

Jeffrey Jenkins

EXR wrote
While we all hate scams, it would be better if you used facts rather than opinion to make accuseatory statements...
Lee Hart and I both said that getting 100 miles with lead would be impressive but certainly not impossible so I'm a little confused as you why you would write such a response... Perhaps your legal problems have been the result of persistent misunderstanding and a penchant for rubbing people the wrong way?

Re: hoaxes (amectran exar-1 clip)

Will Beckett (becketts)
The t-zero #2 is lead/acid and can get 100 miles on a charge.  It requires
special driving skills to get the full 100, but it can be done.

- Will
Aptos, CA  95003
(831) 688-8669

> While we all hate scams, it would be better if you used facts rather
> than opinion to make accuseatory statements...

Lee Hart and I both said that getting 100 miles with lead would be
impressive but certainly not impossible so I'm a little confused as you why
you would write such a response... Perhaps your legal problems have been the
result of persistent misunderstanding and a penchant for rubbing people the
wrong way?

Nabble.com.