iMiev for sale

Jay Donnaway

I'm offering up my iMiEV, which is one of the first off the boat.  It's a silver ES model with no Chademo, but it has the cold weather package (heated battery, seats, and mirrors), LED interior lights and several other extras.  It's a real fun car to drive; the user-controllable, very strong regen makes a huge difference in fun and range maximization.  By shifting into "B" mode, I can manage steep hill descents and red lights without touching the brake pedal until under 10 mph.

Sticker price was over $33k, I've harvested the tax credit and am asking $30k.  This is an opportunity for a retiree or nonprofit to get a new EV and share the tax credit too.  I can deliver to OR, WA, ID.  Currently at 240 miles on the clock, I'm logging SOC, distance and charging times after each run.  So far, it's reliable for 45 miles of fully loaded driving (ie: 65 mph on the highway, 4 occupants, lights and heater on), and the estimated range while doing in-town errands has shown up to 72 miles (excluding a few larger estimates after long descents).  I haven't done a conservative range run yet, am having too much fun leaving traffic behind at intersections...

Please contact me offlist for further discussion or call 253-314-3830 as it's headed for EBay very soon.

Now back to your regularly-scheduled discussion,

Jay Donnaway

Re: iMiev for sale

Danpatgal
Jay Donnaway wrote
So far, it's reliable for 45 miles of fully loaded driving (ie: 65 mph on the highway, 4 occupants, lights and heater on)
Just out of curiosity: you say it's good for 45 miles for fully loaded driving.  In other words, a bare minimum.  I'm curious how much of a guess that is or if it really is a range you experienced.  I ask because I'm considering one I would have guessed at worse the i would give around a 55 mile range, but maybe I'm being too optimistic.

Re: iMiev for sale

Willie2
I sold some copper to this place a few weeks ago:
http://greenguyrecycling.com/

I don't know what they pay for batteries, but, since they are in San
Marcos, you might find them more convenient than an Austin place.

They are behind the old WalMart (now Tractor Supply), just east of IH35
off of Hwy 80.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
http://counter.li.org Linux registered user #228836 since 1995

Re: iMiev for sale

Jay Donnaway

Thanks Dan,

I'm reporting a trip of 45 actual miles in the Seattle area in the rain (add wiper loads) at night, in freezing temperatures, often at 65+ mph and with several demonstrations of passing power, and a comfortably warm interior....
Disclaimer 1:  Two of the occupants were under 50 lbs apiece.
Disclaimer 2: I have a heavy right foot and was testing a 'worst case scenario'.
Footnote 1: Mapquest says the trip was actually 44.41 miles and that 10.3 of those miles were on surface streets.  Four miles of range were remaining on the guessometer when I stopped to top off during dinner at a friendly restaurant 5.4 miles from a friend's Level II charger (but of course he lives atop a steep hill, so we ate slowly).
Footnote 2: If a service like PlugShare or Recargo says "Blink Card Optional", don't trust: Verify!
Footnote 3: My measured throughput on the iMiEV Level I charger is 870 watts (with a kill-a-watt device and 50' of 14 gauge extension cord))

I'm logging trips and plan to post much of it this weekend on www.karmanneclectric.blogspot.com

-Jay

Message: 16
ate: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 06:45:16 -0800 (PST)
rom: Danpatgal <[hidden email]>
ubject: Re: [EVDL] iMiev for sale
o: [hidden email]
essage-ID: <[hidden email]>
ontent-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

ay Donnaway wrote

 So far, it's reliable for 45 miles of fully loaded driving (ie: 65 mph on
 the highway, 4 occupants, lights and heater on)
Just out of curiosity: you say it's good for 45 miles for fully loaded
riving.  In other words, a bare minimum.  I'm curious how much of a guess
hat is or if it really is a range you experienced.  I ask because I'm
onsidering one I would have guessed at worse the i would give around a 55
ile range, but maybe I'm being too optimistic.

----
an Gallagher
ttp://www.evalbum.com/3854

Re: iMiev for sale

Willie2
On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 02:40:15PM -0600, Willie McKemie wrote:
> I sold some copper to this place a few weeks ago:
> http://greenguyrecycling.com/

Sorry, I apparently somehow sent that to the wrong list.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
http://counter.li.org Linux registered user #228836 since 1995
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  56 days 15 hours 19 minutes