new face

Serena Appel
HI all!
I am a local Portlander (well since '99), my partner & I I have been
interested in electric vehicles for the past couple of years.

Currently I own an EGO LX II little motorbike, and we also have a
Currie HG1000 bike. I have a standup scooter (I think it just says
"e-scooter" on it) that still works too, but I don't ride that as
much. I love my e-transport and hope someday to get a good quality
e-car.

I moved here from Chicago, this town is the first place I've seen that
has even taken the idea of alternative fuel transport seriously. It's
a blast!

We were a bit rattled to hear Currie is going under... need to replace
the batteries in the HG currently and work on the brakes. Anyone have
suggestions on how to do some revamping without having to go to the
original MF?

-Serena

--
"A strong will takes a person even through stone."
-old Finnish proverb

Re: new face

crabtrdw@earthlink.net
HI-
If you can make it get out to PIR fri. and sat.  nights the17th and 18th
for the NEDRA
nationals it's our 10th  anniversary. If you can't make the races, come
to the sat. morning show and tell at The Village Inn Resturant on 102nd N.E.
and Stark. Roy will be there,he has a lot info on electric scooters and
bikes.
Father Time

Re: new face

Alan Brinkman
Hey Serena,

There is at least one person on this list who repairs electric scooters
for a business.  I am sure that electric bicycles and motorbikes would
have lots of businesses that repair and stock parts.  Perhaps you will
get a reply from this list with a source or suggestion.

Bernson Electric Vehicles lists Currie bikes for sale, batteries, and
misc. parts, but I did not see brake parts.
http://www.bernsonev.com/batteries-misc-parts-c-24.html
Oh oh, here are the Currie batteries and brake band
http://www.bernsonev.com/izipcurrie-electric-parts-c-46.html

Keep searching the Internet and E-bay for parts for your Currie.  I
recently purchased a Gruber Power Services 12 volt battery for
replacement of an OEM unit and am pleased.  Here is a similar E-bay
listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Volt-18-AH-Battery-BP17-12-GP12170-ES17-12-JC-121
70_W0QQitemZ170140150351QQihZ007QQcategoryZ19265QQcmdZViewItem
I doubt this will fit or match up with your application, but just search
for what your needs are.  How many batteries does your Currie use?  What
voltage are they?  Is the amp hour rating listed on them?  Measure the
size, and see if you come close to a product on E-bay.  The Razor
scooters and other products use two 12 volt batteries that are compact
and available on E-bay. (The Currie - Long Range Platform -  takes the
12 volt, 18 amp size of battery.  I am not sure if it is the same size
as the above, but the above may work).

Can you find a repair manual or parts listing that may help to identify
some parts?

Good luck,

Alan