ot incongruous pr value ... | ... Tesla&EV1 @Sept16 eaasv.org NDEW Cupertino-CA

brucedp

% This post has ot points and it winds/ends up relating to EVs, so patience please

(rant on)
Bottom line: https://www.google.com/search?q=incongruous+pr+value

In the past, some might say I have been rather hard on utilities, see
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=PG%26E+ratepayer&days=0&sort=date

 ... who tout an Earth-friendly face/front, but are really all about profit, same as with the fossil-fuel industry (pr/say one thing, when actually doing another).  IMO, we the plugin driving public, have to keep a close eye on monopolies like the utilities to ensure we do not get used and abused with their profit-taking.

(ot part, please minimize ot discussions on the evdl)
I saw a TV news item about the fact that California drought killed many pine trees
https://www.google.com/search?q=California+drought+killed+pine+trees
 ... utility pge.com is getting rid of the dead trees that could harm their power lines, etc.

http://abc7news.com/entertainment/pg-e-donates-trees-for-burning-man-temple/2217674/

https://www.google.com/search?q=burning+man+ponderosa+pine

?How is pge's donating dead forest pine wood to the burning man shrine building team a good thing?
True, the team would have used perfectly good lumber for their art work that would just been burnt-up anyway
https://www.google.com/search?q=burning+man+shrine+fire&source=lnms&tbm=isch

 ... but what wasn't said, was that there is a whole lot more dead wood than just the amount the burning man shrine building team will use. So, what is happening to the rest of that dead pine wood pge is taking out/down?

IMO, I would like to see that wood (bark and all) go back to the earth with the least pollution, and most benefit. Compostiing is not as good as making agricultural biochar
https://www.google.com/search?q=burning+vs+composting+carbon+release

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-charcoal-and-biochar

Wouldn't it have been much better pr for pge if they had taken the steps to contact
http://californiabiocharassociation.org/
... to donate the rest of the dead pine wood to them?

*So what does that have to do with EVs ?
https://www.google.com/search?q=burning+man+electric+vehicle&source=lnms&tbm=isch

Each year at the ...

http://eaasv.org/rally/
45th Annual Electric Car Show and Rally
Saturday, September 16, 2017, 10:00am - 4:00pm
de Anza College, 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino, CA (map)
https://goo.gl/maps/fZThXeApFYt

http://i0.wp.com/eaasv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2017posterVfinalL.png
(NDEW EVent poster)

 ... Bob Schneeveis, one of our local (SF area) EV-Gods ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=Bob+Schneeveis&source=lnms&tbm=isch

https://www.google.com/search?q=Robert+Schneeveis&source=lnms&tbm=isch

 ... brings to the Silicon Valley EAA EVent (above) his Electric creations that he had just taken to burning man. IMO what he brings is also a major attraction to everything else that can be experienced Electric at the eaasv.org EVent.
Please consider attending that NDEW EVent each year.
(rant off)
%

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/