own list messages

Willie2
I've noticed that I haven't been getting my posts to EVDL back for quite
some time.  Today is a slow day so I went to the trouble of getting my
password and checking my mailman settings.  I find that it IS set to
send me my own posts.  I wonder what is wrong?

Re: own list messages

EVDL Administrator
On 18 Jan 2014 at 16:47, Willie2 wrote:

> I've noticed that I haven't been getting my posts to EVDL back for quite some
> time ...

I'm prettu sure that's a Gmail "feature."  I have a gmail account only to
(now and then) check to make sure it's receiving EVDL messages properly, so
I'm not a Gmail expert.  Maybe other folks will have some suggestions for
turning off this "feature."

Re: own list messages

Willie2
On 01/18/2014 07:38 PM, EVDL Administrator wrote:
> On 18 Jan 2014 at 16:47, Willie2 wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that I haven't been getting my posts to EVDL back for quite some
>> time ...
> I'm prettu sure that's a Gmail "feature."  I have a gmail account only to
> (now and then) check to make sure it's receiving EVDL messages properly, so
> I'm not a Gmail expert.  Maybe other folks will have some suggestions for
> turning off this "feature."
That's probably so.  I believe it happened about the time I started
channeling all my mail through gmail.  It worked wonders on spam.  I
don't read much mail through gmail; I use other clients, mainly
Thunderbird now.  I just wandered the gmail settings in their webmail
and didn't find anything.  Maybe someone else knows how to deal with it?

Re: own list messages

Tom Keenan
I find a number of emails from this list have been placed into the spam folder by Yahoo.  It seems to be particularly bad when there is more than one URL in any one post.  If I accept the same kind of email for a few times, it eventually learns that EVDL postings aren't spam.  I have to do this about once every six months. Might be the same for gmail.

Tom Keenan

> On Jan 18, 2014, at 5:44 PM, Willie2 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 01/18/2014 07:38 PM, EVDL Administrator wrote:
>>> On 18 Jan 2014 at 16:47, Willie2 wrote:
>>>
>>> I've noticed that I haven't been getting my posts to EVDL back for quite some
>>> time ...
>> I'm prettu sure that's a Gmail "feature."  I have a gmail account only to
>> (now and then) check to make sure it's receiving EVDL messages properly, so
>> I'm not a Gmail expert.  Maybe other folks will have some suggestions for
>> turning off this "feature."
> That's probably so.  I believe it happened about the time I started channeling all my mail through gmail.  It worked wonders on spam.  I don't read much mail through gmail; I use other clients, mainly Thunderbird now.  I just wandered the gmail settings in their webmail and didn't find anything.  Maybe someone else knows how to deal with it?

Reading evdl posts : own list messages

brucedp5
I have experienced what Willie and Tom have on different occasions in
the past. That is why I have gone with changing my settings to not
receive posts via email, as I just read the individual evdl.org posts
from the nabble archive
http://evdl.org/archive/

I can still send a post via the email account if I want. Using the
archive to read the posts makes it much easier for me to pick and choose
which posts to spend time on. There is no guarantees when using email
hosts: one change, then things stop working, and then you have to spend
time finding out why.

I just thought I would lay that option of using the archive out there as
an alternative.

{brucedp.150m.com}

-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Accessible with your email software
                          or over the web

Re: own list messages

Al Lumas
It is what Google considers a feature.
As far as I know, it cannot be changed.

Al

At 02:47 PM 1/18/2014, Willie2 wrote:

>I've noticed that I haven't been getting my posts to EVDL back for
>quite some time.  Today is a slow day so I went to the trouble of
>getting my password and checking my mailman settings.  I find that
>it IS set to send me my own posts.  I wonder what is wrong?

Re: own list messages

Cor van de Water
Apparently each mail implementation does it differently,
My old Hotmail account has now been "improved" such that threads
stay together, but it stores *both* my outgoing email as well as
the list bounce, so I see every one of my own entries twice (to another
list, but I fear that this list would not be different)

Seeing your own entries twice or not at all... it appears to be
difficult
to get it right!

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Email: [hidden email] Private: http://www.cvandewater.info
Skype: cor_van_de_water Tel: +1 408 383 7626