"dry spell" over?

Bruce,

It's seems you are finding a wide variety of EV articles these days,
having a positive disposition. I recall you stating not so many months
ago that there was a lot of negative press with little new, interesting
material.  Do you feel that has flipped?

Peri

(better than before) EV newswire: "dry spell" over?

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/dry-spell-over-tp4692003.html
[EVDL] Peri Hartman via EV Tue, 04 Dec 2018 17:48:47 -0800
Bruce, It's seems you are finding a wide variety of EV articles these days,
having a positive disposition. I recall you stating not so many months ago
that there was a lot of negative press with little new, interesting
material. Do you feel that has flipped?
]

Bottom line: yes, there are more EV news items than before. Qualifier: all
this free work I do that others read, link to, or post elsewhere with their
name on it (+ the evdl has EV media outlet lurkers that pickup on my work
and our discussions for embellishment for their profit purposes), is still a
feast or famine feed situation (that statement has several meanings).

-There are times of the week when reporters and writers are offline and
don't put out/submit anything.

-Those reporters and writers are dependent on auto-shows to make splash
presentations of EV models. The shows had slowed down in the past.

-And automaker managers have been going through serious head/brain changes
lately (yet many in upper management still have too-old / ice thinking).

But things have improved. I am not seeing the scraping of the sides and
bottom of the EV news barrel (where old items are re-posted as new, etc.).
No, a change in the wind
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/The-Tesla-Effect-automakers-nod-what-Tesla-has-done-tp4692012.html
 and the usual end-of-year-push is having an effect.

As our evdl sysmgr said
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Will-GM-Ford-buyouts-cuts-layoffs-affect-EV-production-tp4691901p4691990.html
> ... most EU and Asian automakers are now focusing more on -- duh -- the EU
> and Asia.  With the way politics has gone here in the US, I'm sure it
> didn't take a crystal ball for them to predict what was going to happen to
> the US EV market ... difference in environmental attitudes between the
> different sides of the aisle in other nations, but usually it's much less
> dramatic and polarized than it is here in the states ... the EU and Asia
> ... will become the primary EV growth areas in the future.  In fact, some
> countries have already announced a "drop dead" year for ICEVs, though some
> of them are pretty far off (such as 2040) ... <

IMO, major automakers are focused on a global market. Asia& EU, and soon the
rest of the Americas (Canada, Mexico, central & south) are dictating serious
change in automakers markets.

The positive affect EVs have is global which is why I include EV news items
earth wide. Happily, non-U.S. nations are not stuck with the U.S.-Fed
resistant-to-change (1860's style) thinking of 'make fossil-profits great
again'.

Those non-U.S. nations have no choice, as major Asian, EU, & other cities
are choked with pollution.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cities+choked+with+pollution

The above pollution news items are not the subject of topic for evdl
posting. So, I only post a few of these in reference to EV news items to
infer the reason those nations' EV-interest is growing in those regions
(its a tight-rope for me to walk as to what I can post, how often, and what
is free to read or you have to subscribe if you want more. I will never be
able to make everyone happy, so I just try to carry on, and do my best with
what I find).

Even though the EV news items seem better (more abundant), the cesspool
searches I have to wade through, multiple times a day to get these items,
still have plenty of negative, (koch-bros) dis-information, and non-EV items
worded as EVs (they throw in wording like 'just as good', or 'clean as an
EV' so news search engines will find their newswire items, etc. - fcvs, cng,
diesel, +more).

Yup, its a lot of work I am not paid for, but as long as the EV-cause word
gets out, EVangels are informed, and can carry-on the good fight :-)

BTW, some will note a change in my posting style. Sometimes I will see where
it is possible I might be thrown into a va hospital bed and be offline for
days. So, I have taken to posting a couple of days worth of EVLN posts at a
time (to keep my head above water, sort of speak). i.e. this Wed., Thur., &
Fri., I have va appointments. There is a good chance, I will return
exhausted, or just possibly the va dr won't let me leave and just walk me
over to ER
(yup, my life is not my own anymore, my health eats up a lot of my time
now).

Not to bore the evdl with my medical issues, but if I have to go under the
Dr.'s knife again, I am hoping the surgery can be planned and prepared for,
and the medical bed I am kept at will have 4g I can teather off of (I bought
my phone and laptop last hospital time I needed a heart restart -
inversion).
This week will be cardio, thyroid, and eyesight (oh, what fun getting old
is). If the va can keep me healthy enough to continue to hang out with
Willie at the annual NDEW EV show EVents, my life still has purpose :-)

Also, you'll note at the end of each two-a-day EV news items I post, I try
to +include some smaller/lesser degree items+. Sort of like having something
after a good meal (afters, dessert, i.e. a plate of quartered oranges
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/oranges-cut-quarters-orange-white-plate-35022761.jpg
)

These items are not as big a deal or substantial as the major EV stories,
but if you read as much as I do of them, they form a world-view picture of
what is going on.

If others have posted EV news items, I try to include a reference url to
them in my queued EV news item of the same topic.

Lastly, I still pace what I get so as to not overload some readers' intrays.
I like to post the performance EV items on Fridays & Saturdays; solar,,
wind, boat, aircraft, and small person EVs on the weekend, as Sat. & Sun are
usually quieter (less posting, active) days.