re; controller for 500V , 450Amp Motor

Steve Clunn-2
From: Bruce EVangel Parmenter
> http://www.smithelectric.com/smith-vehicles/models-and-configurations/

Thanks for all the info
very impressive company , funny we don't hear more about them as they
seem to be doing a lot
--
>http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?dlr=1&etid=1&pcid=2000749611&OHID=4343377&lp=TRK
1987 White 18 wheeler, many details on that page:
Assumption: You will need a ~65kW pack<

Yes this is close to what the truck looks like and he was  planning on
a 500 kwh pack 500v 980ah for 8 hours of drive time . 10 50v units
each with charger and bms .

>http://www.calstart.org/Projects/htuf/ETTFBusinessCaseCalculator_UserGuide_05042012_final.pdf <

somebody sure did a nice job of putting this together . If this guy (
Mr 18 wheeler) had done a little more research , but he's not much for
them computers :-[....

>Assume converted target hp of 450 hp and using an AC drive with regen.<

I looked on Ebay and there are a lot of these monsters Sepex motors
for around 10k . We did spin the motor over with a 12v battery it
pulled between 300 amp starting up and 75 amps when it got up to speed
. it has two fields (f1 f2 and f3 f4)  when in parallel the motor
would pick up speed fast but not run fast , when in series the speed
seemed almost 2x.  I didn't count the com bars but they where smaller
than a 9" and com looked about 16in in diameter .

Steve Clunn
Merging the best of the past with
the best of the future.
www.Greenshedconversions.com

Re: re; controller for 500V , 450Amp Motor

Ruckus
Why not use whatever controller was spec'd for the motor originally?  Any
clue what that was?