(sheetz.com pr) EVSE sites | (PA dealers not selling many plugins)

(sheetz.com pr) EVSE sites | (PA dealers not selling many plugins)

http://www.altoonamirror.com/news/local-business/2019/03/sheetz-installs-superchargers/
Sheetz installs superchargers
Mar 17, 2019  Walt Frank

[image
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ogden_images/www.altoonamirror.com/images/2019/03/16223824/web_TESLA-1100x702.jpg
Courtesy photo / A Tesla vehicle is charged at one of the new Tesla
Supercharger stations at Sheetz. The stations are located at the Sheetz on
Pleasant Valley Boulevard and 17th Street.
]

Sheetz is continuing its efforts to become a bigger player in the electric
vehicle industry.

The Altoona-based convenience store chain recently completed the
installation of eight Tesla Supercharger stations at its 17th Street and
Pleasant Valley Boulevard location.

Sheetz currently has 21 store locations that offer Tesla Superchargers.

“At these 21 locations, customers can enjoy the fresh and abundant amenities
Sheetz has to offer, such as specialty food and beverages, fuel and more
while the new superchargers will provide fast, reliable electric charging
for Tesla vehicle owners,” said Nick Ruffner, Sheetz spokesman. “Sheetz’s
new supercharging sites will help grow the electric vehicle charging network
for customers while providing a quick and convenient stop for drivers to
re-charge and get back on the road again.”

Tesla officials are pleased to work with Sheetz.

The site in Altoona better enables travel across the state of Pennsylvania
and furthers the Tesla Supercharger mission of facilitating long distance
travel, said Melissa Rocha, Tesla spokeswoman.

Sheetz, which first started installing electric vehicle chargers in 2013,
has different types of chargers at other locations.

Sheetz has Electrify America charging stations at four stores — Carlisle and
Bloomsburg, Pa., Wytheville, Va., and Rocky Mount, N.C.

Sheetz is among the leaders in terms of electric vehicle charging, said Jeff
Lenard, vice president of strategic industry initiatives for the National
Association of Convenience Stores.

“The key factor is that charging times have come down and it’s become more
clear how people will use charging stations,” Lenard said. “The prime
locations for EV chargers are locations that are convenient with high
traffic density in the area throughout the day and also have some sort of
food offer that allows people to hang out for a few minutes. Sheetz
certainly checks both of those boxes.”

The number of electric vehicles sold in the United States continues to
increase.

U.S. electric vehicle sales increased 81 percent from 199,826 in 2017 to
361,307 in 2018, according to Inside EVs.

Three of the top four sold models were Teslas: Tesla Model 3 (139,782),
Toyota Prius Prime (27,595), Tesla Model X (26,100) and Tesla Model S
(25,745).

As of December 2018, the Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid continued to rank as
the all-time best-selling plug-in electric car with 152,144 units of both
generations.

The Volt [pih] is followed by the Tesla Model S all-electric car with about
143,892, and the Tesla Model 3 [EV] with 141,546. The Model S was the best
selling plug-in car in the U.S. for three consecutive years, from 2015 to
2017, and the Model 3 topped sales in 2018, according to Wikipedia.

Sheetz may be ahead of the game, as by 2040, 54 percent of new car sales and
33 percent of the global car fleet will be electric, according to Bloomberg
New Energy Finance.

Locally, there are not a lot of electric vehicles on the road. There are
only four Tesla dealerships in Pennsylvania, with two in the Pittsburgh
area.

Local auto dealers are not selling many electric vehicles.

Courtesy Nissan, Altoona, which sells the electric Leaf, had four electric
vehicle charging stations installed in 2012.

“We don’t have any in stock but we still sell the Leaf. We are not selling
many here,” said Matt Neumeyer, sales manager.

Stocker Chevrolet and Joel Confer Toyota in State College are seeing some
interest in electric vehicles.

“We have some Volts [pih] and Bolts [EV] in stock. We sell a few of them,
there is some interest there. We sold about four in the last 10 months. I
don’t know if the interest will increase,” said Cory Stocker, executive vice
president.

Joel Confer Toyota sells the electric Prius Prime [pih].

“We don’t have any in stock, but we’ve sold a handful. They are more
prevalent in the larger metro areas, but we have people here who are
interested,” said Alan Hall, sales manager. “We don’t get enough interest in
the Prime [pih] to make stocking it worthwhile.”
[© altoonamirror.com]

http://www.evperks.com/business-listings/tesla-supercharger-mt-jackson-va-at-sheetz.html
Tesla Supercharger Mt. Jackson, VA at Sheetz

+ [dated]
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lianeyvkoff/2016/06/30/why-tesla-wants-to-install-superchargers-at-sheetz-gas-stations/
Why Tesla Wants To Install Superchargers At Sheetz Gas Stations
Jun 30, 2016 - But there's a key reason why Tesla might be more interested
in placing Superchargers at Sheetz stations rather than the typical Vallero
or Shell ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/06/28/teslas-quiet-talks-with-this-company-could-help-redefine-the-gas-station-as-we-know-it/