sound

R Willis

>>http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/4/8/The-Sounds-of-Silence-Audi-is-Giving-the-e-tron-a-Voice-7708249/
>

>ok jetsons sound works way better

Richard willis

519-896-3354  office
[hidden email]

http://www.evalbum.com/4612

www.evareus.com

Re: sound

rodhower
They have a Dr. of Acoustics to develop a sound for EV's?
My hearing isn't the best, perhaps that's why it's difficult to hear
most newer ICE vehicles.  Why do we have to do this for EV's?
Perhaps we need to make all cars much louder for the hearing impaired?
I installed a train horn in my 2004 Honda Insight for those individuals :-)

Re: sound

Christopher Meier
Why not make those who "care" wear a pendant that can detect a nearby car.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Re: sound

Dave Davidson-3
So I can run open pipes on my ICE and claim it's just so pedestrians can
hear me......

Ok, I'm feeling a bit sarcastic this morning. However, I really like the
relative silence of my 2011 Leaf and keep the noise turned off. The real
problem is people with ear buds with music turned up full blast. They
couldn't hear a diesel truck coming up behind them.

Dave
On May 31, 2013 4:44 PM, "R Willis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>  http://www.carbuzz.com/news/**2012/4/8/The-Sounds-of-**
>>> Silence-Audi-is-Giving-the-e-**tron-a-Voice-7708249/<http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/4/8/The-Sounds-of-Silence-Audi-is-Giving-the-e-tron-a-Voice-7708249/>
>>>

>> ok jetsons sound works way better
>>

> Richard willis
>
> 519-896-3354  office
> [hidden email]
>
> http://www.evalbum.com/4612
>
> www.evareus.com

Re: sound

Jim Walls-2
On 6/1/2013 05:49, Dave Davidson wrote:
> Ok, I'm feeling a bit sarcastic this morning. However, I really like the
> relative silence of my 2011 Leaf and keep the noise turned off. The real
> problem is people with ear buds with music turned up full blast. They
> couldn't hear a diesel truck coming up behind them.

That's for sure!  Last year a friend of one of my sons was killed not
far from here when he walked in front of a diesel train with ear buds in
(I assume loud) and while texting.  So how load do they think we need to
make out electric cars?  Personally I think making an electric car
louder than a diesel locomotive with a REAL train airhorn blasting is a
bit much - but that obviously was not enough :)

Re: sound

Rick Beebe
Yeah those straight pipes on Harleys....safety feature.

On 06/01/2013 08:49 AM, Dave Davidson wrote:
> So I can run open pipes on my ICE and claim it's just so pedestrians can
> hear me......

Re: sound

maJiCMan39
And what do we do about those that chose to plug their ears with ear buds
and crank the volume on their music or those who are stone deaf, have
flashing strobe lights on our vehicles?

Personally, I kind of like the sound my LEAF makes.  For the longest time I
would drive with the radio off so I could hear what it sounded like.  Though
as some here have pointed out many ICE vehicles are very quiet, yet they
don't have artificial noise generators.

Jim

> Yeah those straight pipes on Harleys....safety feature.
>
> On 06/01/2013 08:49 AM, Dave Davidson wrote:
>> So I can run open pipes on my ICE and claim it's just so pedestrians can
>> hear me......

Re: sound

These new ICE vehicles are very quiet.  I rented a large heavy 5000 lb sedan
that I could not hear it run.  They brought it around and I tried to start
it up, it was already running.

I notice the tires where Michelins LRR's with a load rating of 2000 lbs at
50 psi which were air up to 50 psi.  Driving this vehicle to Seattle from
Great Falls, MT over the Rocky's, it got 33 mph.  I am using these same
tires, light weight wheels and multispeed transmission on my EV which
increase the range by about 25%.

Sometimes I may turn on my radio and sound system which I have loaded with
different sounds that are download from a computer sound generator program.
One time I was following a old geezer up a long hill, turn on the sound
system passing him up blowing off his hood and doors.