straps for thundersky 90's?

Mike Golub-2
I need to turn one of 5 pack of ThunderSky 90's into a 4 pack.

Does anyone have extra straps?

Thanks

Michael Golub

Re: straps for thundersky 90's?

David Nelson-5
I do except these are for the 100Ah model I got in 12/09. I had some
other straps made at a local sheetmetal shop which could be cut to
length and drilled for the screws if you wish.  Send me a pm with
pertinent info if you are interested.

On Wednesday, July 14, 2010, m gol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I need to turn one of 5 pack of ThunderSky 90's into a 4 pack.
>
> Does anyone have extra straps?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael Golub

David D. Nelson
http://evalbum.com/1328

Re: straps for thundersky 90's?

Elithion
m gol wrote
I need to turn one of 5 pack of ThunderSky 90's into a 4 pack.
We used standard metal banding use in palletizing cargo.
We showed-up at a shipping company with the cells and end plates already cut, and asked to use their banding equipment.
They were so intrigued, they says "sure" and didn't even charge us for it!

Pictures:
http://enviromotors.com/wiki/index.php/Sparrow/ElithionUnderSeat#toc3

Davide Andrea
Elithion

Re: straps for thundersky 90's?

Seth Rothenberg
I noticed use of insulated quick disconnects
in the picture.   Are there any drawbacks?
I can think of a few benefits.
I have been using them between cells.

For city dwellers, Radio Shack #64-3131.

Re: straps for thundersky 90's?

Elithion
Seth Rothenberg wrote
I noticed use of insulated quick disconnects...
They do not carry current. They are on the BMS communication wire.

The BMS uses a single communication wire between adjacent cell boards.
(See top picture in this page: http://liionbms.com/php/liionbms.php)

In a few cases, two batteries (battery = group of cells)  belong to the same bank (as far as the BMS is concerned). To allow me to pull out one of the batteries, I placed quick-connect terminals on that one BMS wire that crosses between the two batteries.
Davide Andrea
Elithion