two chargers in parallel

a.swackhammer

Good morning,  I am going to run two Zivan NG3's in parallel.  Seems to be pretty straight forward.  My pack is made of 60 Sky Energy, 100ahr cells.  Charger #1 is set to U1 @ 216vdc and float @ 207vdc.   I had charger  #2 programmed to U1 @ 210vdc and float @ 201vdc.  This is to get the main charge up to 210vdc with both and let Charger #1 finish and balance.  Are there any concerns that I should be aware?

Thank you,  Al Swackhammer  www.evalbum.com/2430

Re: two chargers in parallel

Willie2
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:08:29PM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> Good morning,?? I am going to run two Zivan NG3's in parallel.?? Seems to be pretty straight forward.?? My pack is made of 60 Sky Energy, 100ahr cells.?? Charger #1 is set to U1 @ 216vdc and float @ 207vdc.?? ??I had charger?? #2 programmed to U1 @ 210vdc and float??@ 201vdc.????This is to get the main charge up to 210vdc with both and let??Charger #1 finish and balance.?? Are there any concerns that I should be aware?

I've had semi good luck running numerous chargers in parallel.  Zivan,
EVWerks, KingPan, Elcon.  As I understand, you should run no more than
one not isolated charger.  I've run as many as many as four chargers at
a time; only my EVWerks is not isolated.  I've "blown up" a number of
KingPans and one or two Elcons so running in parallel could be a factor.
Also, I've found my Zivan does not reliably register charge on my TBS
meter if used by it's self; all other chargers register expected charge
rates, individually and in groups.

Of course, you need to be sure both your input and output wiring is up
to the job.  As well as your BMS relay.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
http://counter.li.org Linux registered user #228836 since 1995

Re: two chargers in parallel

I experiment some time ago with two on board 12 volt charging systems for my
accessory battery.  One is a Honey Well Motor Generator that is run off the
main battery pack with a voltage output of 14.5 vdc. Another one is a Delco
invertor-alternator run off the pilot shaft of the main motor and set at
14.0 vdc.

The reason is that the Generator or my DC-DC converter which I am using now
is set at a lower than the other charging unit, is that the converter will
go off line when the alternator comes up to the excitation rpm 1100 rpm.

The alternator voltage being higher than the DC-DC converter, the converter
current drops as the alternator current raises.  To see what happens if I
set the voltage at 14.5 volts for both charger, one charger will charge at a
lower rate than the other because the output voltages are not exactly the
same because one charger reaches the cut out charging rate before the other
one does.

I purposely set my onboard charger voltage to different voltage outputs,
because when I let up on the accelerator on a down hill run, the alternator
current is setup higher providing a load on the motor which acts like
regenerative braking.  The DC-DC converters go off line at this time and the
main motor ampere meters are reading zero and the alternator is providing
from 30 to 100 amperes.

You will find that if one charger reaches the cutoff voltage, One charger
will continue to charge while the other one will drop off.

> Good morning, I am going to run two Zivan NG3's in parallel. Seems to be
> pretty straight forward. My pack is made of 60 Sky Energy, 100ahr cells.
> Charger #1 is set to U1 @ 216vdc and float @ 207vdc. I had charger #2
> programmed to U1 @ 210vdc and float @ 201vdc. This is to get the main
> charge up to 210vdc with both and let Charger #1 finish and balance. Are
> there any concerns that I should be aware?
>

> Thank you, Al Swackhammer www.evalbum.com/2430

Re: two chargers in parallel

Peakfoto Digital Photo Still n Video
 I'm doing this on my Ev scooter id had an agm charger thats 5 amps and didn't want to trash it . and I'm upgrading to LFP sysytem with 22 cells.
the old agm charger will not over charge  21 or 22 cells . and i'll get a LFP charger desgined for 22 cells to Top off the pack . This way i save money, have 2 chargers in case 1 goes out and this way i getting close to 1500 watts for 110 limit and both chargers and capable 110 or 220 by autosening or input switching.  If i ever wan to go
j1772 I'll be ready for that .

Re: two chargers in parallel

Peakfoto Digital Photo Still n Video
 on your evalbumpage what the little black boxes on the side of your battery pack boxes ?

Re: two chargers in parallel

brucedp5
I had six chargers in parallel on my S-10 Blazer. I have used ng3, ng5,
pfc-30, pfc-50, and more. As was already posted, when using charging in
parallel, only one charger can be un-isolated. Since ng3 chargers are
isolated, that does not pertain to you.

 Assuming you are familiar with adjusting Zivan ng3 chargers and have
 set yours correctly,  your posted plan to let both do the bulk
 charging, where one ng3 stops at a lower set point voltage (~80%SOC?),
 and the other ng3 is set to continue to finish the charge.

{brucedp.150m.com}

-
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 05:08 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Good morning,  I am going to run two Zivan NG3's in parallel.  Seems to
> be pretty straight forward.  My pack is made of 60 Sky Energy, 100ahr
> cells.  Charger #1 is set to U1 @ 216vdc and float @ 207vdc.   I had
> charger  #2 programmed to U1 @ 210vdc and float @ 201vdc.  This is to get
> the main charge up to 210vdc with both and let Charger #1 finish and
> balance.  Are there any concerns that I should be aware?
-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service

Re: two chargers in parallel

a.swackhammer
Ken,  Those were a PakTrakr system I have since sold.  Al

 on your evalbumpage what the little black boxes on the side of your battery pack boxes ?

Re: two chargers in parallel

a.swackhammer
Bruce,  I sent charger # 2 to Zivan to do the reprogramming.  They did charger # 1 as well.  I do not know how to do this myself.  I would be interested in knowing how.  Al

I had six chargers in parallel on my S-10 Blazer. I have used ng3, ng5,
pfc-30, pfc-50, and more. As was already posted, when using charging in
parallel, only one charger can be un-isolated. Since ng3 chargers are
isolated, that does not pertain to you.

 Assuming you are familiar with adjusting Zivan ng3 chargers and have
 set yours correctly,  your posted plan to let both do the bulk
 charging, where one ng3 stops at a lower set point voltage (~80%SOC?),
 and the other ng3 is set to continue to finish the charge.

{ brucedp .150m.com}

-
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 05:08 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Good morning,  I am going to run two Zivan NG3's in parallel.  Seems to
> be pretty straight forward.  My pack is made of 60 Sky Energy, 100ahr
> cells.  Charger #1 is set to U1 @ 216vdc and float @ 207vdc.   I had
> charger  #2 programmed to U1 @ 210vdc and float @ 201vdc.  This is to get
> the main charge up to 210vdc with both and let Charger #1 finish and
> balance.  Are there any concerns that I should be aware?
-

--
http :// www . fastmail . fm - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service

Re: two chargers in parallel

Drewcifer
What's the advantage of chargers in parallel?? Faster charging?? Less stress on the traction pack?? I understand it from a versatility position ( I.e. 110/220/ j1772) but do get the reason for running then at the same time??

Still learning!!!

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 22, 2013, at 1:28 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Bruce,  I sent charger # 2 to Zivan to do the reprogramming.  They did charger # 1 as well.  I do not know how to do this myself.  I would be interested in knowing how.  Al

I had six chargers in parallel on my S-10 Blazer. I have used ng3, ng5,
pfc-30, pfc-50, and more. As was already posted, when using charging in
parallel, only one charger can be un-isolated. Since ng3 chargers are
isolated, that does not pertain to you.

 Assuming you are familiar with adjusting Zivan ng3 chargers and have
 set yours correctly,  your posted plan to let both do the bulk
 charging, where one ng3 stops at a lower set point voltage (~80%SOC?),
 and the other ng3 is set to continue to finish the charge.

{ brucedp .150m.com}

-
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 05:08 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Good morning,  I am going to run two Zivan NG3's in parallel.  Seems to
> be pretty straight forward.  My pack is made of 60 Sky Energy, 100ahr
> cells.  Charger #1 is set to U1 @ 216vdc and float @ 207vdc.   I had
> charger  #2 programmed to U1 @ 210vdc and float @ 201vdc.  This is to get
> the main charge up to 210vdc with both and let Charger #1 finish and
> balance.  Are there any concerns that I should be aware?
-

--
http :// www . fastmail . fm - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service

Re: two chargers in parallel

brucedp5
> I do not know how to [adjust them] myself

That is why I mentioned it. Zivans have to be adjusted correctly. I have
the experience of how to do such adjustments, but I do not have the
equipment, nor the charger specific knowledge of the proper settings and
adjustment procedures to do it myself. It seems like we all have to rely
on the factory to adjust them correctly.

[EV-history - Way-back when I got my Zivans (circa ~1990's), there was
some serious dissing of them as a viable charger because some were
received with their settings wrong and their was no way to adjust them.
I knew of the Zivan distributor (at the time, Greg), and arranged an
appointment to drive up and drop by his shop in Sacramento (160+ miles
North).

I knew there was some settings that 'had to be right' or I would
cook/(under or over-charge) my PbSO4 pack when going on my long journeys
using multiple Zivan chargers (at the time, no one else was going on the
really long trips like it nor using multiple chargers in parallel
either). At the time, there really was no other off-the-shelf smart EV
charger options, so if I did not have any problems, then this charger
was still a viable option for the EV community to use (I was throwing
money and time at the issue for the EV-cause).

His shop was interesting. He had a hand-made rig that he used to adjust
the settings, and then he went through it again, for a total of three
different times, slightly adjusting each time. As a businessman he knew
that if we got this right, it would overcome the bad-rep that was being
passed around within the EV community (it would help his sales), so I am
sure you can imagine I got a little more attention than say someone that
had just shipped theirs in a box (face to face had more of an effect).
/EV-history off]

As it turned out, the chargers worked fine. The only issue was, as the
PbOS4 pack aged voltages will (and did change), but that was overcome
when the new pack was swapped in (only a few months of watching the
charging at the last part of the pack's life).

I do not have first hand li-ion pack experience. What I know about
li-ion has been taught to me by evdl member's and their experiences.
(Corrections requested) from what I have gathered, li-ion pack aging
will not be as a serious problem for you as it would be if you were
using the PbSO4 pack chemistry.

According to your EValbum page
http://www.evalbum.com/2430
You are in Edmonds, WA which has similar temperatures to the San
Francisco area (Seattle has a large body of water to keep temperatures
pleasant). But if you plan to go exploring in areas that have serious
temperature changes, I suggest you have some thermal management for your
pack (insulate and heat it when it is cold, and keep it cool when it is
hot).

A lot has changed since those old-days. I am reading on the evdl that
drivers that receive their chargers back from being adjusted, have had
no problems. But if I were in your shoes/situation, since the adjustment
work was not my own, I would recommend that you initially monitor your
chargers, so that you know they really do what you asked Zivan to adjust
for (that they shut down / off at the correct voltages). You always have
to factor in human error, and double check to know all is right/well.

{brucedp.150m.com}

-
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 01:28 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Bruce,  I sent charger # 2 to Zivan to do the reprogramming.  They did
> charger # 1 as well.  I do not know how to do this myself.  I would be
> interested in knowing how.  Al
-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different...

Re: chargers in parallel

brucedp5
Why? Flexibility, fast charging, adjusting to what space is available, a
backup encase a charger fails, +more ...

Others can speak of their reasons, but mine were of that point in time
(the old-days when there wasn't a 6kW j1772 level-2 EVSE around every
corner). Some times, I had access to two 120VAC 20A level-1 outlets, or
two 208VAC 20A , or two 240VAC 30A dryer level-2 outlets. And if I did
have access to a 14-50 or a 50A oven or dryer level-2 outlet, I would
run both chargers off that outlet.

Of my six chargers, I had a mix and match of different AC voltage input
types and charger capacity abilities. These got switched around over
time to match what was available out in the public. Initially, I had
access plenty of level-1 outlets at a site (each on their own 20A
breaker) to plug into. So, initially I had four level-1 chargers, and
two ~3kW level-2 chargers. Later, as more level-2 power was available, I
changed my charger configuration to a two level-1 and four level-2
charger setup (two ~3kW, and two ~6kW).

I needed to do this, because when I went exploring long distances, where
ever I landed, I wanted the most flexibility to get a charge. That
design had paid off, again and again. Perhaps the most 'fun' I had was
when I was at one of the nedra.com EVents in Las Vegas, NV and the local
EAA Chapter had arranged to provide a huge genset. I had enough power
available I was able to plugin all my chargers at the same time and get
the fastest charging I had ever done. Sweet!

[dream-mode-on
Let's say I had a conversion that fit the big-n-tall body God gave me,
that had a ~300 mile li-ion pack. I would likely want to have a similar
setup as Al mentioned but with 6kW capabilities. One charger would allow
me to dial in what I want (i.e.: a pfc-50, from a low level-1 up to a
high level-2). The others would be isolated 6kW chargers. All chargers
would be fed from multiple j1772 ports in the front of the vehicle. And
I would carry on long trips extension cables to reach nearby level-2
EVSE.

Lets assume a gen1 Leaf EV's pack is 100 miles (when driven by an EV
driver) and it charges to 80%SOC (state-of-charge) in 8 hours using its
3kW on-board charger. If I came in to a typical public EVSE with a j1772
6kW ability, to recharge my 300 mile pack would take 3 times as long (24
hours - Sheesh, that is like recharging a Leaf EV at level-1). I could
plug in to four public j1772 6kW EVSE and knock that recharge to 80%SOC
time to ~3 hours. Those numbers are all guesstimates but I think you get
my point: short of working out to have a level-3 charging ability on
that EV, using multiple level-2 6kW on-board chargers gives charging
flexibility.

How would I use this other than on logn distance driving. What if I was
given a work task that wanted me to drive far away, and I went I came
into work I was not charged enough to leave. I would add to the one 6kW
j1772 connection, three more, and zoom up to the SOC quickly. Thus
letting me be quickly on my way.
/dream-mode-off]

If the Tesla-S' level-3 charging was CHAdeMO compatible, instead of
having the 300 mile range conversion above, I could just pour that same
money into a Tesla-S with a ~300 mile range pack (better resale value).

{brucedp.150m.com}

-

-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Access your email from home and the web

Re: chargers in parallel

Drewcifer
Ahhhhhhhhhhh the bells and whistles an little red flashing lights all just went off!! Lol Actually planning the same system but didnt realize its capabilities!! Was going to use an ng3 for slow 120v easy access  and a brusa or pc-30 or higher for 240/j1772 applications for a 160v lead acid pack! Just never occurred to me I could use both at once!!

Ain't education grand!! Lol!

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone

-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Access your email from home and the web

Best J1772 deal, Re: chargers in parallel

jerry freedomev
                                 Hi Bruce and All,

                                      I'm going to need to use the public charge stations soon for fast charging.   They are well spread now in central Fla, at least from St Pete to Jacksonville  on I-4 and I-95 but many don't have 120vac.      So I've come up to the one thing I can't make cheaply, the EV side of a J1772 .

                                        So what do I need and where is a good/best place to get it as low cost as possible?

                                         I've been happy with 120vac for my very lightweight EV's around town but now I want to travel long distance and keep charging to 85% flooded lead in around 30 minutes to an hour.  Since the normal 70% charge  from 15% is only 3-4kwhr  it shouldn't be too hard.  I have 1  2kw unit now plus a 1kw regulated and will add another 2-3kw later.

                                     Trying to do this and keep the weight, cost down, the Streamliner only weighs 700lbs or so, isn't easy so likely do non isolated ones next just using inductors instead of transformers.

                                                                       Thanks,

                                                                                   Jerry Dycus

Best J1772 deal, adding a public level-2 charging ability

brucedp5
I hope drivers that have added-on/upgraded to have a j1772 charging
ability will post what and where they bought their components and give
their comments.

Using a j1772 is going to be more involved than just plugging into a
(dumb) outlet. Besides the charger(s), you need to have a circuit board
in between the j1772 port and the on-board charger that
tells/handshakes-with the public EVSE that it is OK to provide power.

I suggest you mount your J1772 port(s) in front, as that will give the
most 'reaching the EVSE' ability (sometimes EV spots are ice'd or the
spot is used by a plugin that is already fully charged, and you have to
park along side it to mooch-some-juice). IMO putting the port on the
side or in the gas inlet is silly and inefficient. In the U.S., public
EVSE are in front of the parked plugin (I can understand that in a Euro
street EVSE configuration, having a side port would be advantageous. But
in the U.S. street EVSE are positioned to be in front of the vehicle).

{brucedp.150m.com}

-
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 06:51 PM, jerry freedomev wrote:
> I'm going to need to use the public charge stations soon for fast charging.   They are well spread now in central Fla, at least from St Pete to Jacksonville  on I-4 and I-95 but many don't have 120vac.      So I've come up to the one thing I can't make cheaply, the EV side of a J1772 .
>
>So what do I need and where is a good/best place to get it as low cost as possible?
>
> I've been happy with 120vac for my very lightweight EV's around town but now I want to travel long distance and keep charging to 85% flooded lead in around 30 minutes to an hour.  Since the normal 70% charge  from 15% is only 3-4kwhr  it shouldn't be too hard.  I have 1  2kw unit now plus a 1kw regulated and will add another 2-3kw later.
>
> Trying to do this and keep the weight, cost down, the Streamliner only weighs 700lbs or so, isn't easy so likely do non isolated ones next just using inductors instead of transformers.       Thanks,    Jerry Dycus
-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Send your email first class

Re: two chargers in parallel

a.swackhammer
Stephen,  Charging in half the time.  When using public charging it will make a difference.  Al

I had six chargers in parallel on my S-10 Blazer. I have used ng3, ng5,
pfc-30, pfc-50, and more. As was already posted, when using charging in
parallel, only one charger can be un-isolated. Since ng3 chargers are
isolated, that does not pertain to you.

 Assuming you are familiar with adjusting Zivan ng3 chargers and have
 set yours correctly,  your posted plan to let both do the bulk
 charging, where one ng3 stops at a lower set point voltage (~80%SOC?),
 and the other ng3 is set to continue to finish the charge.

{ brucedp .150m.com}

-
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 05:08 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Good morning,  I am going to run two Zivan NG3's in parallel.  Seems to
> be pretty straight forward.  My pack is made of 60 Sky Energy, 100ahr
> cells.  Charger #1 is set to U1 @ 216vdc and float @ 207vdc.   I had
> charger  #2 programmed to U1 @ 210vdc and float @ 201vdc.  This is to get
> the main charge up to 210vdc with both and let Charger #1 finish and
> balance.  Are there any concerns that I should be aware?
-

--
http :// www . fastmail . fm - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service

Re: two chargers in parallel

a.swackhammer
Bruce,  Thanks.   That is the plan to watch it for some time before I trust it for good.  Al

> [...]

hot).

A lot has changed since those old-days. I am reading on the evdl that
drivers that receive their chargers back from being adjusted, have had
no problems. But if I were in your shoes/situation, since the adjustment
work was not my own, I would recommend that you initially monitor your
chargers, so that you know they really do what you asked Zivan to adjust
for (that they shut down / off at the correct voltages). You always have
to factor in human error, and double check to know all is right/well.

{brucedp.150m.com}

-
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 01:28 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Bruce,  I sent charger # 2 to Zivan to do the reprogramming.  They did
> charger # 1 as well.  I do not know how to do this myself.  I would be

Re: Best J1772 deal, adding a public level-2 charging ability

Tom Keenan
To add J1772 Level 2 capability to my old Citicar, it required three items - a 240v charger, a J1772 inlet, and a vehicle-side control board.

Since I also wanted to use 120v at times, the charger needed to be multi-volt capable.  I used an ElCon 2500 charger (2.5 kW, 90 to 250v input).  This charger was about $700.

I purchased the J1772 inlet and vehicle-side control board from Modular EV Power for about $150.

Wiring the charger to the inlet is straightforward.  Wiring the control board to the vehicle / J1772 inlet is easy as well.  Hardest part is deciding where to mount the inlet, and making some sort of door to cover it when not in use.

The Citicar went from a 120v only, 1.4 kW charger (about 4 miles of charge per hour of charging) to a 120 - 240v, J1772 capable 2.5 kW charging system (about 10 miles of charge per hour of charging).

I'll be doing much the same when I upgrade the charger in my present EV.

Tom Keenan

Re: Best J1772 deal, adding a public level-2 charging ability

brucedp5
> I purchased the J1772 inlet and vehicle-side control board from Modular
> EV Power for about $150.

[ref
http://modularevpower.com/
Modular EV Power
]

This looks like what Tom bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/J1772-UL-75-Amp-Vehicle-Inlet-AND-AVC2-module-/251244113764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7f50ef64
J1772 UL 75 Amp Vehicle Inlet AND AVC2 module

Jerry mentioned that he wants to keep cost down, so perhaps nice looking
door, a ugly but functional design would be to mount the inlet on a
strong part of the body, and just use a cheap dust cap to protect the
protruding j1772 inlet when not plugged in
http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=559

http://www.amazon.com/QC-101-Fernco-1-1-Flexible-Cap/dp/B002KHZCMC
QC-101 Fernco 1-1/2" Flexible Cap

{brucedp.150m.com}

-
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 09:48 PM, Tom Keenan wrote:

> To add J1772 Level 2 capability to my old Citicar, it required three
> items - a 240v charger, a J1772 inlet, and a vehicle-side control board.
>
> Since I also wanted to use 120v at times, the charger needed to be
> multi-volt capable.  I used an ElCon 2500 charger (2.5 kW, 90 to 250v
> input).  This charger was about $700.
>
> I purchased the J1772 inlet and vehicle-side control board from Modular
> EV Power for about $150.
>
> Wiring the charger to the inlet is straightforward.  Wiring the control
> board to the vehicle / J1772 inlet is easy as well.  Hardest part is
> deciding where to mount the inlet, and making some sort of door to cover
> it when not in use.
>
> The Citicar went from a 120v only, 1.4 kW charger (about 4 miles of
> charge per hour of charging) to a 120 - 240v, J1772 capable 2.5 kW
> charging system (about 10 miles of charge per hour of charging).
>
> I'll be doing much the same when I upgrade the charger in my present EV.
-

-
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 06:51 PM, jerry freedomev wrote:
> I'm going to need to use the public charge stations soon for fast charging.   They are well spread now in central Fla, at least from St Pete to Jacksonville  on I-4 and I-95 but many don't have 120vac.      So I've come up to the one thing I can't make cheaply, the EV side of a J1772 .
>
>So what do I need and where is a good/best place to get it as low cost as possible?
>
> I've been happy with 120vac for my very lightweight EV's around town but now I want to travel long distance and keep charging to 85% flooded lead in around 30 minutes to an hour.  Since the normal 70% charge  from 15% is only 3-4kwhr  it shouldn't be too hard.  I have 1  2kw unit now plus a 1kw regulated and will add another 2-3kw later.
>
> Trying to do this and keep the weight, cost down, the Streamliner only weighs 700lbs or so, isn't easy so likely do non isolated ones next just using inductors instead of transformers.       Thanks,    Jerry Dycus
-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
                          love email again

Re: Save, Best J1772 deal, adding a public level-2 charging ability

jerry freedomev

                                   Hi Bruce, Tom and All,

                                                 Thanks for the help guys.  Just what I was looking for.

                                                  So I assume the resistor/diode handshake trick is no longer good enough?

                                                   For Tom my new EV is powered by an old Citi-car motor , charged with the Citi-car charger that I used in the 3wh Ewoody . Or as Bob Rice use to call, the Lumberghini  ;^P

                                                   I'll probably put the inlet under the body in front and an Anderson 50amp DC connector in the rear for 120vac charging and the range extender if fast charging isn't available.

                                                                         Thanks,
                                                                                Jerry Dycus

________________________________
> I purchased the J1772 inlet and vehicle-side control board from Modular
> EV Power for about $150.

[ref
http://modularevpower.com/
Modular EV Power
]

> [...]

> I've been happy with 120vac for my very lightweight EV's around town but now I want to travel long distance and keep charging to 85% flooded lead in around 30 minutes to an hour.  Since the normal 70% charge  from 15% is only 3-4kwhr  it shouldn't be too hard.  I have 1  2kw unit now plus a 1kw regulated and will add another 2-3kw later.

> Trying to do this and keep the weight, cost down, the Streamliner only weighs 700lbs or so, isn't easy so likely do non isolated ones next just using inductors instead of transformers.       Thanks,    Jerry Dycus
-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
                          love email again

Re: Save, Best J1772 deal, adding a public level-2 charging ability

Rush Dougherty
Jerry,

I have an already assembled J1772 Adapter Box and also a J1772 Adapter with
remote Pilot Box. Both come with a 3' pigtail so all you have to do is hook
it up to your charger.  Or if you want just the J1772 Inlet, I have that
also.

I've been supplying different flavors of J1772 Plugs and Inlets to 'the
world' since Oct of 2010. You can view everything at www.TucsonEV.com.

Shoot me an email if you're interested.

Rush Dougherty
www.TucsonEV.com