undercarriage single wheel hybrid

Brian Pikkula
Hi List,

I've searched Google and the list, but can't find it.   A while back I
remember seeing a web page of a home build hybrid of a drop down
single wheel (hub motor IIRC).

Can someone point me to that page?

Thanks,
Brian

--
Brian in TX
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/960

Re: undercarriage single wheel hybrid

damon henry

I believe it is the same guy that wrote the MIMA code.
http://99mpg.com/Projectcars/mikesinsight/
damon

> Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:27:33 -0500
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [EVDL] undercarriage single wheel hybrid
>
> Hi List,
>
> I've searched Google and the list, but can't find it.   A while back I
> remember seeing a web page of a home build hybrid of a drop down
> single wheel (hub motor IIRC).
>
> Can someone point me to that page?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
>
> --
> Brian in TX
> http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/960
> http://www.evdub.blogspot.com/
> It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm
> really quite busy.

Re: undercarriage single wheel hybrid

Brian Pikkula
Thanks, Damon.

Potentially, planning my next project.

Brian

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:44 AM, damon henry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I believe it is the same guy that wrote the MIMA code.
> http://99mpg.com/Projectcars/mikesinsight/
> damon
>
>> Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:27:33 -0500
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: [EVDL] undercarriage single wheel hybrid
>>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I've searched Google and the list, but can't find it.   A while back I
>> remember seeing a web page of a home build hybrid of a drop down
>> single wheel (hub motor IIRC).
>>
>> Can someone point me to that page?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian
>>
>> --
>> Brian in TX
>> http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/960
>> http://www.evdub.blogspot.com/
>> It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm
>> really quite busy.

Brian in TX
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/960
http://www.evdub.blogspot.com/
It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm
really quite busy.

Re: undercarriage single wheel hybrid

Doug Weathers

On Apr 11, 2011, at 9:27 AM, Brian Pikkula wrote:

> A while back I
> remember seeing a web page of a home build hybrid of a drop down
> single wheel (hub motor IIRC).

Here's something that might be helpful.

This isn't a "drop down" wheel - it's a chain-driven rear wheel in a Ford Aspire.  Jack Murray of Nimble Motorsports did it in 2007.

This page has an archive of a post from Jack with some info and links to pictures:

Here are the pictures:

<http://www.nimblemotorsports.com/drivenwheel.jpg>
<http://www.nimblemotorsports.com/motorchain.jpg>

--
Doug Weathers
http://www.gdunge.com

Re: undercarriage single wheel hybrid

erik
Brian:

Could you be referring to Mike's e-Wheel modification to a Honda
2-seater Insight?  See http://99mpg.com/Projectcars/MikesInsight/ .
Very unique but quite efficient and useful.

Short Description: "The drop down electrically driven wheel represents
the biggest new concept here, and the one that generated the most
interest, as it allows the ability to flip a switch, drop an
electrically powered E-wheel and drive for 30 or more miles with pure
electric drive.  An instant EV conversion.
One day of solar charging, and I can go 30 or more miles driving at 30
MPH. This is free, and directly from the sun to the wheels with no
carbon production. Infinite MPG, as you are not using gas at all.
The only way to fly."

~ Erik
  KlnAir4U
  EVAlbum.com/3497