used early Leaf charger

A neighbor needs a charger; since I will be traveling between southern
California and Texas in a couple of weeks, I am considering trying to
pick one up for him.

Anyone?

used early Leaf charger

On Wed Nov 27 10:54:34 PST 2019 [hidden email] said:
>A neighbor needs a charger; since I will be traveling between southern
>California and Texas in a couple of weeks, I am considering trying to
>pick one up for him.

Hmm, I wonder how many of those end up in the junkyard with a wrecked leaf?

--

Worlds only All Electric F-250 truck! http://john.casadelgato.com/Electric-Vehicles/1995-Ford-F-250

wanted: used onboard charger 4early Leaf model

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/used-early-Leaf-charger-tp4695791.html
]

Willie sez: >A neighbor needs a charger<

While EV-knowledgeable evdl members likely know he is asking for an
onboard leaf charger, not an (external) EVSE (charger), when doing
searches, add  onboard  to your key-words
https://www.google.com/search?q=onboard+charger+nissan+leaf

https://www.google.com/search?q=onboard+charger+leaf+electric

There are leaf parts out-there, but knowing what year Leaf model the
neighbor's
leaf is and what kW rating its onboard charger is, is important

[video
https://youtu.be/21eXf_UMW3c
Nissan Leaf. Is it 3kW or 7kW charger?
]

As price point to note, I found a $700 one on ebay, but is it compatible?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Nissan-Leaf-Onboard-Battery-Charger-296A0-3NA8A/123974749344
 there were others at twice that amount.

There has to be a much larger quantity of Leaf parts in SoCal than in any
region along Willie's trip from S.Central TX to/from SoCal, (map)
https://goo.gl/maps/zYy9efEMWvbP6vUU9
 (perhaps Willie will be documenting that SoCal trip on his blog?)

Cor has posted much about his leaf efforts, but he is 6+hrs north of SoCal
in the Silicon Valley area, (map)
https://goo.gl/maps/pgex9Gp5zYtBkX438
 I do not know if the evdl.org has a SoCal counterpart to Cor that would
help with Willie's task (?)

Asking the same question on the Leaf forum would likely give more useful
SoCal-local results

https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=23017
On-board battery charger died and has to be replaced after 60K miles
Dec 4, 2016 - 10 posts - ‎6 authors
My 2012 Nissan Leaf all of a sudden would not charge so we took it in to
have it diagnosed and we were told the on-board charger had failed ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/

Re: wanted: used onboard charger 4early Leaf model

Re: wanted: used onboard 3kW charger4 2011-12 Leaf

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/used-early-Leaf-charger-tp4695791p4695796.html
]

 % Cor's post was generated on msoffice, evdl chose to reject
as an attachment. Again, I gleaned the text so we can read
what Cor wants us to know: %

-
html xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office ... <p
class=MsoNormal>
Willie said early Leaf, which typically means 2011 or 2012 and those have a
3kW
charger behind the rear seat.
Later models (2013+) have the charger integrated in the stackup under the
hood
that starts with the motor on the bottom, then the inverter and on top the
charger
and DC/DC converter – there is a Youtube video of a local EV’er taking
that
2013+ stack apart:
 [video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GG3QRPGlPc
Nissan Leaf Motor Unit Disassembly
442,120 views•May 26, 2014  mikeatyouttube
A video on taking apart the three components of a 2013 Nissan Leaf motor
unit. Some other information / projects on my website :
siliconproductions.com
]
...Sent from &lt;a
href=&quot;https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986&quot;>Mail