what are YOU going to convert to EV?

Re: Smart Fortwo ED sighting

EVDL Administrator
On 13 Oct 2008 at 18:43, David Roden wrote:

> Folks, please remember that the EVDL is not for discussing ICEVs --
> including fuel efficiency.  For those discussions, you might try the
> outstanding forum,  gassaves.org (some of our members also participate
> there).

Oops, sorry -- that's

http://www.gassavers.org

I misspelled it.  At any rate, please take discussions of ICE fuel
efficiency over there.  There are lots of knowledgable folks to be found at
that forum.

Note: mail sent to "evpost" or "etpost" addresses will not

Re: what are YOU going to convert to EV?

billb-3

Hi Doug,
   I bought a Toyota MR2 power steering pump new,about $350 and a
(uni-8-12) $140 this is a 12 volt controller from www.4qd.co.uk to run
speed dependant steering from the electronic speedometer output. A
friend is designing a pic controller for this, with timed ramp down
and a soft start. For the air cond I used a Tecumseh system with a
Sierra 06-0982y3 compressor and a 100 to 300 volt controller. Ouch!
over 1k$ (they also have a 250 to 400 volt model). I just received it
and will have to install and setup the refrigeration plumbing system
before I know if it will works as well as I had hoped. Bill

Message: 29
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:40:33 -0600
From: Doug Weathers <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] what are YOU going to convert to EV?
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <[hidden email]>

On Oct 13, 2008, at 2:31 PM, billb wrote:

> Already bought the brushless dc air cond. system

This has been a frequent topic on the EVDL.  Could you tell us more
about the system you chose?

--
Doug Weathers          | "The Moon.  I've been there.  It's super!"
Las Cruces, NM, USA    |   - Astronaut Charles "Pete" Conrad

----- End forwarded message -----