who killed NiMH?

K O

who killed NiMH?

K O

Hi! I have given up my quest for affordable new-tech batteries for my  96v pack.
Now I am looking for a pallet buddy who would split a pallet of US  Batteries, 2200s with me.
I am in the San Francisco East Bay Area
Best is to email: visualeyes108 [at] yahoo[dot]com
Please share this with all EVers...thanks, KO

I don't shop where I can't charge.

Re: who killed NiMH?

Ralph-54
So are we talking about a NiMH in a smaller package then?

NiMH in large form factors seem to have been killed by Chevron, but apparently Panasonic shares the patent rights with Chevron (due to a lawsuit settlement between Ovonics and Panasonic). But it seems that the Panasonic battery is not in large format either. Just my cynical nature, but the overall lifetime demonstrated by the Ovonics batteries seems like its too good for the industry to allow.

Except in small form factors. So- is that what the US Batteries 2200 is? Their website makes it look like a cell phone battery.

-Ralph

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:10:06 -0700 (PDT)
K O <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi! I have given up my quest for affordable new-tech batteries for my  96v pack.
> Now I am looking for a pallet buddy who would split a pallet of US  Batteries, 2200s with me.
> I am in the San Francisco East Bay Area
> Best is to email: visualeyes108 [at] yahoo[dot]com
> Please share this with all EVers...thanks, KO
>

> I don't shop where I can't charge.

Re: who killed NiMH?

Chuck Homic
Ralph wrote:
> is that what the US Batteries 2200 is? Their website makes it look like a cell phone battery.

http://www.usbattery.com/usb_us2200xc.html

Re: who killed NiMH?

Brian Pikkula
Just for kicks, what's the price/battery for the delivered pallet?

How many on a pallet?

Thanks,
Brian

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:10 AM, K O <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hi! I have given up my quest for affordable new-tech batteries for my  96v pack.
>  Now I am looking for a pallet buddy who would split a pallet of US  Batteries, 2200s with me.
>  I am in the San Francisco East Bay Area
>  Best is to email: visualeyes108 [at] yahoo[dot]com
>  Please share this with all EVers...thanks, KO
>

>  I don't shop where I can't charge.

Brian in TX
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/960
http://www.evdub.blogspot.com/
It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm
really quite busy.

Re: who killed NiMH?

MPaulHolmes
"who killed NiMH?"