would this work

steve ollerton
We have a non functioning Citroen eBerlingo with its controller in
Scotland (Hi Evan - have you fixed it yet?)

We are wanting to at least have a run about in this thing - so would
this work? We know the motor is now fine and running OK.

I have a Curtis 1231C in my mini which we could "borrow"

I'm not exactly sure what motor is in the berlingo. Its a kind of shunt
motor with "field excitation". Made by Leroy Somer. It isn't a series
wound - I know that for a fact.

Could we fix up the field coils to pack voltage and run the armature
with the Curtis just to get us moving? Would the Curtis not appreciate
160-170Volts? Is there some bad science going on here? We could always
"lose" a few batteries to lower the voltage to 144V if necessary just to
try it out.

Any advice would be welcome as we are getting bored of not driving our EV.

Steve